Suva Harbour today

There seems to have been a spill of oil and insulation foam in Suva Harbour. The paper reports there is a cruise ship there as well. Any ideas which one?

No ideas, none that I know off that are from Australia.

No idea as to the ship, most likely P&O.

Wont be P&O, One is in dry dock (Pacific Jewel), ones in Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) (Pacific Dawn) and ones at the Isle Of Pines today (Pacific Pearl) and also wont be Carnival Spirit, as she's at sea today (and all the Princess Australia ships are no where near there).

There seems to have been a spill of oil and insulation foam in Suva Harbour. The paper reports there is a cruise ship there as well. Any ideas which one?

This is what the spill looks like.

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=242467

Could have been Carnival Spirit. She was there on 12 Aug.

The only others I could find are...

Carnival Spirit ... Suva, Fiji (12 Aug 0700-1600);

Sea Princess ... Suva, Fiji (26 Aug 0700-1600);

Carnival Spirit ... Suva, Fiji (30 Aug 0700-1600);

editing to add...

must have been Spirit as the article , dated today , says it happened yesterday..

Spill triggers harbour alarm

Daniel Naidu

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

This ugly sight is what greeted tourists who disembarked from a cruise liner in Suva yesterday. Debris from a ship filled the Suva Harbour, to the disgust of local boat owners and authorities.

RUBBISH and oil covered parts of the Suva Harbour yesterday morning as a large spill sparked a major environmental concern.

No ideas, none that I know off that are from Australia.

Wont be P&O, One is in dry dock (Pacific Jewel), ones in Cairns (Yorkeys Knob) (Pacific Dawn) and ones at the Isle Of Pines today (Pacific Pearl) and also wont be Carnival Spirit, as she's at sea today (and all the Princess Australia ships are no where near there).

Could have been Carnival Spirit. She was there on 12 Aug.

The only others I could find are...

Carnival Spirit ... Suva, Fiji (12 Aug 0700-1600);

Sea Princess ... Suva, Fiji (26 Aug 0700-1600);

Carnival Spirit ... Suva, Fiji (30 Aug 0700-1600);

editing to add...

must have been Spirit as the article , dated today , says it happened yesterday..

Spill triggers harbour alarm

Daniel Naidu

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

This ugly sight is what greeted tourists who disembarked from a cruise liner in Suva yesterday. Debris from a ship filled the Suva Harbour, to the disgust of local boat owners and authorities.

RUBBISH and oil covered parts of the Suva Harbour yesterday morning as a large spill sparked a major environmental concern.

I think it has been revealed, well done super cruise slueths.:D

No idea as to the ship, most likely P&O. I don't know why they don't do something more permanent to fix the issue, as they say it happens a couple times a year.:D

I can't quite work out what has happened. The only thing I can think of is lagging being stripped and dumped into the harbour.

I can't quite work out what has happened. The only thing I can think of is lagging being stripped and dumped into the harbour.

Very peculiar, it could be just insulation and oil etc coming out with the bilge water or even with the ballast on a cargo ship.:confused:

Archived