Photos of Silhouette 2106 concierge balcony

Bruin Steve

Since people, including me, are always looking for photos of specific balconies, I figured I would include some from my recent cruise on Silhouette...

On our June/July Adriatic cruise, we had the good fortune of sailing in Cabin #2106...A Category C2 Concierge cabin on Deck 12...

This is, in my humble opinion, one of the best non-suite cabins, if not the best on the ship...

Two great things about it:

1) Location

2) Size of balcony

The cabin is just off the Aft elevators, just off the pool deck and one floor down from the entrance to the buffet...as well as a direct elevator straight down to the main dining room...

The views from the balcony are as good as it gets--being right on the outside point of the slant, you have a view both all the way forward and all the way aft...and you have minimal overhang above and none of those support poles in the way...

The actually balcony size is between 2 and a half and three times the size of the standard balcony...

Click on the thumbnails below to get a better idea as to the size of the balcony...

2106-2.jpg.c93d22296cff6e929b502daa12499ee5.jpg

2106-3.jpg.5fe178d8369a818e8ddc58e0551dbcef.jpg

2034300218_2106Silhouettebalconyfromroom.jpg.0b2116af358896df7a18f9536cea9e96.jpg

1081658281_2106Silhouette.jpg.9a5505fdb77f9da79b16541ca2832552.jpg

I have sailed in 2105, exact same cabin, on the Port side. I agree with everything you said about the room. The balcony is amazing. We had breakfest every morning out there. Also did a sailway from the balcony with 2 others and did not feel crowded at all.

On our next cruise in December we have 2105 and 2106 booked in our group. Looking foward to those rooms again!

Thank you for your pictures.

Do you have a picture of inside the cabin? Was there noise from above?

I didn't take any inside! The inside looks like every other S-class balcony cabin...bed near the balcony...

We experienced absolutely no noise from above (there's a men's room above and it was a slight concern, but we were presently surprised...all very quiet)...

One other benefit of 2106...over, say, the other side of the ship: Last summer, on Eclipse, we had 2111...also an oversized hump Cocierge balcony, but on the other side of the ship...Whenever I exited 2111 onto the pool deck, I found myself walking right into the smoking area (though, no, the smoke was not detectable on the 2111 balcony)...With 2106, you walk out onto the pool deck away from the smokers...

Hi. I have always wondered if the cabin feels darker because of those larger (and longer) balconies. Thanks.

Vicky

It never really felt any darker to me...but I really never thought much about it...I guess cruising in the Mediterranean in the middle of the Summer, we had plenty of light...and, the prior year on Eclipse, we were cruising in Iceland and Norway in the middle of summer--where there's almost 24 hours of sunlight...

...but cruise cabins are always long and narrow and not really lit all that much from the windows/balconies...even with the deeper balcony, you're still looking out toward bright sunlight.

The balcony itself is about two thirds shaded, but the last third is outside in the sunlight--more sun out there than most other Deck 12 balconies since it isn't way under the overhang...

Thanks so much for the photos! We just booked 2106 and our friends are next door in 2108 on the Solstice for our Alaska cruise 2014. Looks perfect for us with the amazing balconies.

We hope to have the partition opened up between us for one huge balcony.

Thanks for posting about the cabins. My wife and I are on the Eclipse end of December and are in 2111 so your comments sure were welcomed. I thinjk we will be ok with the smokin area on the way to the pool, if not we can always walk to the other entrance. Loved hearing that there is no noise from above!:D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Since people, including me, are always looking for photos of specific balconies, I figured I would include some from my recent cruise on Silhouette...

On our June/July Adriatic cruise, we had the good fortune of sailing in Cabin #2106...A Category C2 Concierge cabin on Deck 12...

This is, in my humble opinion, one of the best non-suite cabins, if not the best on the ship...

Two great things about it:

1) Location

2) Size of balcony

The cabin is just off the Aft elevators, just off the pool deck and one floor down from the entrance to the buffet...as well as a direct elevator straight down to the main dining room...

The views from the balcony are as good as it gets--being right on the outside point of the slant, you have a view both all the way forward and all the way aft...and you have minimal overhang above and none of those support poles in the way...

The actually balcony size is between 2 and a half and three times the size of the standard balcony...

Click on the thumbnails below to get a better idea as to the size of the balcony...

I just booked this cabin and was advised that it is larger then the typical C2 cabins. Is it?

I just booked this cabin and was advised that it is larger then the typical C2 cabins. Is it?

Cabins are all identical, the extra space is in the balcony...

The shape of the balcony is a bit unusual...making it actually slightly MORE than 2.5 times the size of the standard balcony...It is three times as deep as standard on one side, just over twice the depth on the other...the outer railing starts straight for a foot or two, then diagonals over to the other side...

• 9 years later...