A BIG THANK-YOU TO HOST ANDY For His AzAmazing Website Recommendation

Bill Leiber

Hello Azamara Club Cruises Followers -

I know we all agree that we're fortunate indeed that Andy Geller is the Host on Azamara Club Cruises Cruise Critic Forum. His passion for Azamara's continued success and his admiration for our Captains, staff and crew is remarkable and is exceeded by only his dedication to maintaining a fair and objective Forum dialogue and to serving you well.

Earlier this year Andy shared a great suggestion that we interview Azamara's onboard teams for our website. And we have done, just that! Here's a excerpt:

View from the Bridge

The captains. The staff and crew. The smiles. The attitude. The genuine friendliness. Ask Azamara guests what they love most about their voyages, and you'll hear answers like these. So we thought, let's tell you more about the people who make an Azamara voyage so different from the rest. Because we think they're pretty special, too.

Read our latest interview with Captain Carl Smith. Or, if you missed it, read the first interview in the series with Captain Johannes Tysse. There's more to come, so check back often!

A big thank-you to Andy Geller - the Azamara Host on Cruise Critic - for his wonderful suggestion to interview Azamara's onboard teams for our website.

You can access the "View from the Bridge" from the US/Canada website's HOME page:

§ Go to the top tab on the right - Club Azamara > Meet Our Captains And Crew.

§ Right now there are two interviews: 1) Captain Carl Smith, and 2) Captain Johannes Tysse.

You can also use this link : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/meet-our-captains-and-crew

Thanks, Andy, for always going above and beyond!

With much appreciation from the Azamara Club Cruises Team -

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Host Andy mentioned how much our officers are admired by guest. So his suggestion to cover them in more depth was a good one. I've done this in several lines, but we are going to be doing it more at Azamara Club Cruises.

It is a GREAT addition Mr Pimentel and our latest B2B with Captain Stig and his officers was EXCEPTIONAL. We enjoyed special additions during this cruise that will never be repeated and I feel it is due to Stig and Ole hailing from the area we cruised and their family and friends that interacted (via boat and land) with our cruise along the way.

Supposed to tender at one port...Captain Stig has pilot call his friend, the harbourmaster, to tell him that Stig wants to dock. Master confirms it is Capt. Stig at the healm and instructs pilot to step aside and let his friend dock at this narrow port that no ship EVER of Quest's size has done.

Captain Stig turns the Quest and backs into port...just AWESOME!

Then Capt. Stig goes fishing later that day and brings back his 150 kilo haul, for any/all that want any, to eat.

And what Captain would ever stop a cruise ship in a Fjord at a rasberry farm to buy local rasberries for the passengers??? I know of one.;)

It is a GREAT addition Mr Pimentel and our latest B2B with Captain Stig and his officers was EXCEPTIONAL. We enjoyed special additions during this cruise that will never be repeated and I feel it is due to Stig and Ole hailing from the area we cruised and their family and friends that interacted (via boat and land) with our cruise along the way.

Supposed to tender at one port...Captain Stig has pilot call his friend, the harbourmaster, to tell him that Stig wants to dock. Master confirms it is Capt. Stig at the healm and instructs pilot to step aside and let his friend dock at this narrow port that no ship EVER of Quest's size has done.

Captain Stig turns the Quest and backs into port...just AWESOME!

Then Capt. Stig goes fishing later that day and brings back his 150 kilo haul, for any/all that want any, to eat.

And what Captain would ever stop a cruise ship in a Fjord at a rasberry farm to buy local rasberries for the passengers??? I know of one.;)

This is exactly what sets Azamara apart from the competition. One fan of a competitor once dismissively referred here to the incredible attention and caring that Azamara passengers get from senior officers as merely "chatting with the officers." Clueless.

I feel it is due to Stig and Ole hailing from the area Supposed to tender at one port..Captain Stig turns the Quest and backs into port...just AWESOME!

Then Capt. Stig goes fishing later that day and brings back his 150 kilo haul' date=' for any/all that want any, to eat.

And what Captain would ever stop a cruise ship in a Fjord at a rasberry farm to buy local rasberries for the passengers??? I know of one.;)[/quote']

LOP,

That is awesome. Thanks for posting. :)

I clicked on the link, read the interviews, and they were so interesting and entertaining! I though the questions were very thoughtful. What a great idea all around, and thanks Host Andy for planting the seed.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your very kind comments. It's sincerely appreciated. I'm honored that Azamara welcomes our input, and thought my idea was of value. I've enjoyed the first 2 articles with Captain Johannes & Captain Carl, and look forward to future installments.

One of the many items that sets Azamara apart from their peers, is their willingness to listen to Guest input. IMO, it makes Azamara's fantastic product, even better !

My thanks to Azamara's Managent team for recognizing my idea, and thanks to our Community for your very kind comments. It means everything to me.

Archived