Formal Night on a Seven Night with Royal Caribbean?

Hi! I was just wondering if there is a formal night on a 7 night, or even a 4 night? And how dressy is dressy enough for formal? I know on my five night Disney, we had a "dress up" night, and I wore a coral colored knee length sundress (sunday morning church appropriate). I was just wondering if I needed to dig out one of my formal dresses or no. :confused:

Hi! I was just wondering if there is a formal night on a 7 night, or even a 4 night? And how dressy is dressy enough for formal? I know on my five night Disney, we had a "dress up" night, and I wore a coral colored knee length sundress (sunday morning church appropriate). I was just wondering if I needed to dig out one of my formal dresses or no. :confused:

There are two formal nights on a 7 day cruise, and one formal night on a 4 day cruise.

I'm sorry, I'm new to RCCL. :/

Hi there,

Have you been to the RCI website? I find the FAQ section is very helpful. So much of the info posted here and the questions asked (yours included, no offense - just making a point :) ) are answered on the website. I check there often, actually.

Recent thread on formal dress:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1853772

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I'm new to RCCL. :/

Ignore these people, AmbeeBee. Welcome to Royal Caribbean. As Bob mentioned, there are 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise. Almost always the 2nd night and usually the 6th night (but sometimes the 5th). What you described would be fine for formal night (even though it doesn't fit the true definition of formal). Most men will wear a dark suit, or dress pants and jacket, with a dress shirt and tie. There will be some with no jacket; just the dress pants, shirt and tie. And then a few who don't follow the formal theme and dress casually. Most woman wear a dress that's wedding or church appropriate, or slinky pants with a dressy top. Some will dress more formal in cocktail dresses or gowns. And then a few will not follow the formal theme at all.

The only thing that's really not appropriate is shorts in the dining room, logo TShirts, baseball caps, bare feet. Otherwise the dress code is really not enforced. But, most people make an effort to look nice and try to blend in.

AmbeeBee,

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I think you will find your first cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship to be very enjoyable.

There will be a variety of clothing worn on Formal nights. I have noticed the majority of people dress up but not in elaborate "formal" attire. While there will be some who dress up to the "nines" in tux and long evening gowns, most people wear suits and ties, cocktail dresses, and "Sunday best" clothing.

A good source of information is Google. Try doing a search for Formal night Royal Caribbean. You may want to also include the name of the ship you are sailing on.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I usually wear a black column dress and have two little jackets or boleros for the one dress,= for each formal night - or black dressy pants and two dressy tops - if you are comfortable with your sundress and it's church appropriate, than it'll be fine .. I have seen summer dresses that are worn to weddings and they look good -

Thanks for posting on Cruise Critic - there are a lot of very helpful people who answer questions no matter how many times they are asked.

Enjoy your cruise!! Host Corkey

Definitely two formal nights. Sunday best is fine if you don't want to go terribly dressy. The first formal night is usually billed as the Captain's Welcome Aboard night and is the second evening (generally). This will be the night when there are likely to be long lines for professional photos. We often save our dressiest formal attire for the second formal night where most of the formal photo set-ups have little or no waiting. Great opportunity for numerous formal photos with different backgrounds and no obligation to purchase. :)

Archived