Grandeur JR Pole

Not sure how you can find out unless someone here has actually stayed in that room. I have stayed in a JS with a pole on Grandeur and it really is not a problem. It's near the foot of the bed not in the middle of the room.

We've had cabins on EN that had the pole which was at the foot of the bed and really wasn't a problem. Made a great back scratcher!:D

LOL thanks Patti....I guess if you dont know ...know one does. I just dont wanna knock myself out when I get up to pee at 3:00 am. I love the golden years!

We've had cabins on EN that had the pole which was at the foot of the bed and really wasn't a problem. Made a great back scratcher!:D

LOL! :D

LOL thanks Patti....I guess if you dont know ...know one does. I just dont wanna knock myself out when I get up to pee at 3:00 am. I love the golden years!

crbonfiber, you may want to consider bringing along a battery-operated candle. Even in a JS it provides nice atmosphere, and makes for a safer way when getting up at night!

I might be wrong about this, but thought I saw a review here on CC recently where they had a room with a pole, think it was an aft.

It was the size of a JR, but because it had the pole, it was classified as a D1. If this is the case then it might be that JRs are poleless, because they get sold as D1s.

Whoops, actually the review in question was actually Freedom, not Grandeur.

However, I just posted to bring that thread to page 1, its titled "Freedom from the Mouse......"

Take a look at post #48 to see what I'm talking about.

Not really answering your question, but, we did have a JS on Enchantment with the pole, and after a short while it was hardly noticeable. It was near the foot of the bed if that helps. Never thought of using it as a back scratcher...maybe next time.

I just got off the Grandeur and last night while still on the ship, some random guy I had never met before comes up to me in the Centrum and asks me if I want to see something funny. He hands me his phone which has a picture on it of the "stripper pole" as he called it in his cabin. So yes, one definately exists on the Grandeur. Too bad I didn't ask him what his cabin number was.

OMG, it just a pole!!:D

Patti, do any of the aft JS's on Rhapsody have poles? Thinking of doing HNL to SYDNEY next year on Rhapsody as someone overseas snapped up my favourite JS 1100 on Radiance before 12.15am the day it opened for bookings !!!