8-15-13 Thursday Weigh-In.. Are You Ligher This Week?

Belle

Are you ready for the weigh-in to begin

Remember any loss is a win

Staying the same is better then a gain

Know you work hard and seeing that is a pain

Now we don't want a gain ..don't want to say

If you have one don't give up there's next Thursday

So enjoy your weekend of this August week

Just say NO to things you shouldn't eat..don't be weak

Congrat's to all that come in to weigh

Your trying hard to lose and your in here to stay

Good Morning Belle - Hope everything is going well for you and your family!! Tomorrow I leave for Florida and Saturday will be on the Oasis for two weeks ... now I'll just have to try not go gain (much!) ...

I am down 1.6# this week for a total of 41.4# since February. I now weigh less than I have since 1995. I've 3.9# (or 13.9#) to go .. I'm very happy ... just need to keep the motivation going.

Hope everyone has/had a good week. Jan

Good morning, Belle. I hope that all is well with you.

Jan, you are doing fantastic. You should be very proud of yourself.

I stayed the same. I am thisclose to my final goal weight, but it is really difficult to get there. I will keep on trying though. When I get there, it will be the first time in 13 years.

Rose

Morning all, up 1 to 201 this week. Nighttime eating is still my challenge - onward and downward...

Just watching morning news, every third commercial is NutriSystem or some other bs bandaid system. When are they going to ban false advertising by using "spokespeople" that are obviously former athletes, went off the wagon a little, then decided to go on a cut program to get back into competition shape? You simply don't go to ripped, less than 7% bodyfat "just to be healthy"...If these plans actually teach portion control, then I'm all for it - but to put an ad together that says "eat this and look like this" is tiring and misleading.

My daughter in law is a runner, and decided to try bodybuilding - she got about as ripped as the woman in the latest commercial - great abs and tone but not overtly muscular - took her 5 months of SERIOUS working out and EXCESSIVE diet control to get into that kind of shape - that's the reality that is being pushed aside for these magical scams.

PS - Now she pushed it aside to have her first baby - I'm going to be a GRANDPA in 4 weeks!!! YIKES! (She's got her head screwed on right!)

HI all!

Belle ~ nice ditty as usual!

Jan ~ you're doing fantastic WTG! BTW I know where those 1.6 lbs went.:(

I guess I did too much eating out & snacking!

Have a great time on the Oasis! Can't see your signature but isn't one week an anniversary celebration & the other week with family? You're sure to have a ball!

Have a nice week folks & see you later/next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi Everyone,

I lost a smidge this week. Trying to eat less at dinner. Maybe next week it will be a 1 lb. loss. We'll see.

Jan, have a great vaycay! You've done such an awesome job on weight loss.

Belle, glad you're here.

Rose, I will keep my fingers crossed you reach goal weight. You can do it.

Shootr, congrats on almost being a Grandpa. Very exciting.

Jo, see you next week.

Good luck this week. Diana

Hello everyone! Jan - I am sooo jealous! Have a wonderful time...I know you will.

Shootr - congrats on being a Grandpa. I have 6 and their the best!

Goal 30#

Week 2 loss is 2# for a total of 6#...only 24 to go by 11/24 ;)

I am just getting started and I know the more you lose the harder it is. You are all my inspiration....keep it up

Cindy

Congrats to all who lost, and encouragement to those who didn't. There's always next Thursday!

This week I neither lost nor gained. Darn. Always hope to see movement in the right direction. Oh well. I think I've decided that although I haven't made any huge dietary changes, I want to step up my activity level. It's difficult to shop and cook for a family of 6 (including the occasional burgers, pizza, etc.) and then have to always do something separate for me. Not to sound like it's an excuse, but it's just easier (and more fun!) to eat with my family. I still try to eat reasonably well most of the time.

Since I don't have terribly much to lose I'm hoping an increase in activity will do the trick. My goal in the 16 weeks before my next cruise is to cover 800 miles doing various activities: walking, running, hiking, swimming and the stairmaster. It averages out to 50 miles per week. Don't know if it's too ambitious or not but I'm gonna try. After my first week, I'm on pace so I'll keep it going!

Good luck in the next week everyone!

Michelle

Congrats to all who lost, and encouragement to those who didn't. There's always next Thursday!

This week I neither lost nor gained. Darn. Always hope to see movement in the right direction. Oh well. I think I've decided that although I haven't made any huge dietary changes, I want to step up my activity level. It's difficult to shop and cook for a family of 6 (including the occasional burgers, pizza, etc.) and then have to always do something separate for me. Not to sound like it's an excuse, but it's just easier (and more fun!) to eat with my family. I still try to eat reasonably well most of the time.

Since I don't have terribly much to lose I'm hoping an increase in activity will do the trick. My goal in the 16 weeks before my next cruise is to cover 800 miles doing various activities: walking, running, hiking, swimming and the stairmaster. It averages out to 50 miles per week. Don't know if it's too ambitious or not but I'm gonna try. After my first week, I'm on pace so I'll keep it going!

Good luck in the next week everyone!

Michelle

Wow, Michelle! 50 miles per week....you go girl! I think I'm doing great if I walk 5 miles a week on the treadmill. I better step up my game. Just realized I only have 100 days before my cruise....YIKES! I think I'll use you as my inspiration to greatly increase my exercise this next week.

Cindy

Wow, Michelle! 50 miles per week....you go girl! I think I'm doing great if I walk 5 miles a week on the treadmill. I better step up my game. Just realized I only have 100 days before my cruise....YIKES! I think I'll use you as my inspiration to greatly increase my exercise this next week.

Cindy

Hi Cindy

I hope you have the time to step up your activity level this week! I have to admit it's tough some days to find the time. The pressure's on though because if I miss just one day it's tough to reach my weekly goal to stay on pace.

The last 3 days I've logged 24 miles (hiking, walking and stairmaster) so I feel good about that, but I'm tired! :o

I'm just going to keep doing my best and see how it goes and I wish you luck, too!

Michelle

Archived