No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

however he said in an early post he wouldn't have internet access after last night.....so we may not know until he gets back. :eek:***

Forget that. He'd better get his hiney to the internet room (or whatever you call it) onboard the ship and let us know. I'm on the edge of my seat about this one.:D

Good luck, OP, I you have the greatest time (on board).:)

Forget that. He'd better get his hiney to the internet room (or whatever you call it) onboard the ship and let us know. I'm on the edge of my seat about this one.:D

Good luck, OP, I you have the greatest time (on board).:)

I agree....but I think he is having too much fun!!!

If were anything negative, we surely would of heard!!! :eek: :eek:

Please keep us up to date on what happens. We all want to know.

I had the opposite issue of sorts. I booked a guarantee balcony, and got the lowest level balcony assigned about a week after booking.

My cruise is still over 65 days away. Lets hope they offer some sort of upgrade, but I doubt it.

Since I am just platinum I guess I can and should expect nothing extra.

I had a similar situation on my guarantee assignment. I was told by a RC rep that if there are balcony cabins available to choose from you can ask RC to change your room to one of those rooms. However, if all balcony cabins are sold out you can not be placed back into a guarantee status. As such, you would not be able to change your cabin. It's worth a call if you do not like your room. Tell the rep your C&A status when you call. It is worth something.

I had a similar situation on my guarantee assignment. I was told by a RC rep that if there are balcony cabins available to choose from you can ask RC to change your room to one of those rooms. However, if all balcony cabins are sold out you can not be placed back into a guarantee status. As such, you would not be able to change your cabin. It's worth a call if you do not like your room. Tell the rep your C&A status when you call. It is worth something.

You can only change cabins within the same category. For example D7 to another D7. You can't switch up from a D7 to a D1 and you can't switch down either. when you call probably not worth mentioning your status as as soon as you give them your reservation number they can see your status.

It would be nice if he/she came back but like you I will be surprised if he does.

By now they are all settled into, hopefully, their Crown Loft suite and this Thread of their's on CC is just a distane memory!!! :):)

this is like a soap opera-

to be continued,lol

I hope it all worked out

Did say he would have no internet access!

Did say he would have no internet access!

I just have a hard time imagining any of the people participating here wouldn't have laptops tethered to cell phones all the way up until they lost signal from shore. :D

You can only change cabins within the same category. For example D7 to another D7. You can't switch up from a D7 to a D1 and you can't switch down either. when you call probably not worth mentioning your status as as soon as you give them your reservation number they can see your status.

A balcony guarantee is any balcony room category D1-D8. This being the case, I do not see why you could not ask for a switch upward or downward from your assigned cabin. If a particular category is purchased than switching to a different category may not be an option.

I'm not debating your C&A status is not available to a representative, if it was added on the reservation. However, that does not mean that the information is on the first screen the representative sees when accessing your reservation. It may be on a different screen or a new representative may not know where the information is located etc etc. Nevertheless, it will not harm you to politely mention your loyalty when speaking to a representative.

Since we have almost a week to wait for the possibility of finding out what type of suite this guy finally got, should we take bets, ourselves, on which type?

I'm going to say a CL or L2...facing the basketball court and he was THRILLED to get it and LOVED it. Of course I get bonus points if I am correct regarding the L2 rather than the L1 and I get DOUBLE bonus points if I am correct about facing the basketball court rather than the miniature golf or middle. According to my calculations, assuming I am correct of course, I should be well over the million point mark. :p

I can't WAIT to get my RCCL keychain! :D

A balcony guarantee is any balcony room category D1-D8. This being the case, I do not see why you could not ask for a switch upward or downward from your assigned cabin. If a particular category is purchased than switching to a different category may not be an option.

I'm not debating your C&A status is not available to a representative, if it was added on the reservation. However, that does not mean that the information is on the first screen the representative sees when accessing your reservation. It may be on a different screen or a new representative may not know where the information is located etc etc. Nevertheless, it will not harm you to politely mention your loyalty when speaking to a representative.

Ourusualbeach is correct. Once your balcony guarantee cabin is assigned, you can request a change to another cabin ONLY in the same exact category to which you have been assigned. You CANNOT be asked to move up or down. That is the chance that you take in booking a guarantee. We should consider ourselves lucky that they let you request ANY sort of change. Again, that is the chance that you take in booking a guarantee. You must be prepared to accept the 'worst' cabin in the category. You have no right to ANY choice at all.

I just have a hard time imagining any of the people participating here wouldn't have laptops tethered to cell phones all the way up until they lost signal from shore. :D

If I'm sailing from the US, I generally turn off mobile data before I leave home, and don't turn it on again until I hit Europe. When I get to a wifi area, CC is not the first thing I'd think of checking ;)

Ourusualbeach is correct. Once your balcony guarantee cabin is assigned, you can request a change to another cabin ONLY in the same exact category to which you have been assigned. You CANNOT be asked to move up or down. That is the chance that you take in booking a guarantee. We should consider ourselves lucky that they let you request ANY sort of change. Again, that is the chance that you take in booking a guarantee. You must be prepared to accept the 'worst' cabin in the category. You have no right to ANY choice at all.

I apologize. I meant to write: You cannot ASK to move up or down.

Archived