No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

Well that's just rubbish ;-). Might give them a call tomorrow and see if what I've read about never getting the same answer twice is true. If you don't ask you don't get and worse case is we stay in our allocated cabin and have an amazing cruise! Thanks for helping to clear up my confusion :-)

Well that's just rubbish ;-). Might give them a call tomorrow and see if what I've read about never getting the same answer twice is true. If you don't ask you don't get and worse case is we stay in our allocated cabin and have an amazing cruise! Thanks for helping to clear up my confusion :-)

Best of luck and I wish you well but don't get your hopes up there have been countless threads on this very subject here on CC all with the same answer.

Do you get a reduced rate for a Guaranteed type of cabin and not a specific cabin ?

Our cabin number is always on our booking and can change it up to 3 days before boarding and ours is a UK booking, handy if you want to move closer (or away) from other members of the same group :)

Do you get a reduced rate for a Guaranteed type of cabin and not a specific cabin ?

Our cabin number is always on our booking and can change it up to 3 days before boarding and ours is a UK booking, handy if you want to move closer (or away) from other members of the same group :)

Guaranteed cabins are sometimes offered and when they are they are generally offered at a reduced rate. The canon number can be assigned at any time up to the time of boarding.

Yes the gty is at a reduced rate and because of that you don't get to pick your room when you book - the cruise line allocate your room anytime from when you pay the balance to the day you board the ship. Part of the attraction is you are guaranteed at least what you paid for ie an inside but may be lucky enough to be one of the few who get a free upgrade! I had read about numerous people on CC who, after being allocated their room, requested a change and got it without issue or extra cost but it appears that is only possible for US & Canadian bookings. If I pay the difference they are happy for me to swap or upgrade to anything they have available but as I just wanted to switch between the same grade of cabin I thought it would be free - I was also willing to let them choose the actual cabin I was just requesting a higher deck so I would be happier for my eldest to come and go to the teen club as and when she wanted.

Yes the gty is at a reduced rate and because of that you don't get to pick your room when you book - the cruise line allocate your room anytime from when you pay the balance to the day you board the ship. Part of the attraction is you are guaranteed at least what you paid for ie an inside but may be lucky enough to be one of the few who get a free upgrade! I had read about numerous people on CC who, after being allocated their room, requested a change and got it without issue or extra cost but it appears that is only possible for US & Canadian bookings. If I pay the difference they are happy for me to swap or upgrade to anything they have available but as I just wanted to switch between the same grade of cabin I thought it would be free - I was also willing to let them choose the actual cabin I was just requesting a higher deck so I would be happier for my eldest to come and go to the teen club as and when she wanted.

As you are in the UK you would need to pay the difference between what you paid for the guarantee and the current rate of the room you are requesting even if it is the same category. Rooms can be assigned even before you pay the balance.

As you are in the UK you would need to pay the difference between what you paid for the guarantee and the current rate of the room you are requesting even if it is the same category. Rooms can be assigned even before you pay the balance.

That's the rule on the UK. GTY means they choose, you can't change unless you are prepared to pay the going rate. They won't budge, I tried it last year and I only wanted to move to the same category on the same deck!

Ahh on my paperwork it did say the cabin would only be assigned once the balance was paid but that doesn't really matter. I'm assuming we're staying on deck 2 and I'm sure we'll be more than happy there. If we got anything else it would just be an added bonus. Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed someone who suffers from motion sickness will request a low deck and we'll get moved for them :-)

I refreshed my browser and saw everyone's favorite thread at the top and thought that maybe, just maybe, there would be something from 2Atlantamen. But alas, 'twas just a bump.

O OP, OP! Wherefore art thou OP?

Deny thy internet minutes and refuse thy onboard wifi.

Or, if thou wilt not log on to CC, be but sworn our need to know what happened with your guarantee,

And we’ll no longer have to keep bumping this thread.

I refreshed my browser and saw everyone's favorite thread at the top and thought that maybe, just maybe, there would be something from 2Atlantamen. But alas, 'twas just a bump.

Or, if thou wilt not log on to CC, be but sworn our need to know what happened with your guarantee,

Word just in...... he is probably enjoying the cruise! :eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Although I'm dying to know the end result, I truly hope that the guys are enjoying their cruise, have had a laugh at all the stress and anxiety (now that it is well past) and aren't thinking even a bit about us back here on CC, anxious to learn the rest of the story.

The OP will get home and have his poor e-mail blown up with all the comments from us-- unless he was smart and unsubscribed from this thread before he left.

Maybe this will be resolved when the OP's fabulous trip is finished. Or maybe it will be one of those great unsolved mysteries and we'll make up stories to entertain each other about how it all ended, happily ever after.:cool:

Or maybe it will be one of those great unsolved mysteries and we'll make up stories to entertain each other about how it all ended, happily ever after.:cool:

I love a good mystery, but I sure hope we get the rest of the story.

The chief engineer slumped over the console, his ear protectors twisted askew. "Is he dead?", the FO whispered. Realising no-one could hear him over the racket, he asked again, rather louder this time.

"Oh no, that's his thinking pose. We've never liked to ask why he can't wear his ear muffs the proper way."

The FO gave this some consideration, then threw a wrench at the cogitator. "You're needed on the bridge, come quickly".

The chief engineer found all this to be a little strange. Why would he be needed on the bridge at this stage? They were in port, and not due to sail for hours. On the quayside, luggage and supplies were scurrying around, presumably being steered by unseen workers.

The captain was waiting for them, staring straight ahead. "Men, we have a problem. Something that it's going to take all our wits combined to solve, and we don't have much time. I'm sorry to break it to you like this, but it seems we have an unassigned suite guarantee..."

To be continued.

... snip...

The captain was waiting for them, staring straight ahead. "Men, we have a problem. Something that it's going to take all our wits combined to solve, and we don't have much time. I'm sorry to break it to you like this, but it seems we have an unassigned suite guarantee..."

To be continued.

OMG... my husband and I both literally laughed out loud upon reading this one. Written like a pro. Can't wait for the next chapter...

The chief engineer slumped over the console, his ear protectors twisted askew. "Is he dead?", the FO whispered. Realising no-one could hear him over the racket, he asked again, rather louder this time.

"Oh no, that's his thinking pose. We've never liked to ask why he can't wear his ear muffs the proper way."

The FO gave this some consideration, then threw a wrench at the cogitator. "You're needed on the bridge, come quickly".

The chief engineer found all this to be a little strange. Why would he be needed on the bridge at this stage? They were in port, and not due to sail for hours. On the quayside, luggage and supplies were scurrying around, presumably being steered by unseen workers.

To be continued.

O....M.......G......

The real story can't be HALF as good as this!

:D

To be continued.

I can just hear Ol' Paul Harvey's......."and now for the rest of the story".

Subscribed!!

Archived