Why you need to visit Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano on your next cruise!

CruisingGatorGirl

Yes! That was the best restaurant ever and the prices were cheaper there than the states! Pizza was 9 euros and since that includes tax and tip that's a steal!

Glad you liked the video :)

We were at that restaurant 2 weeks ago. The most delicious food and the view is something out of a movie. A memory we hope to repeat.

• 5 months later...
We were at that restaurant 2 weeks ago. The most delicious food and the view is something out of a movie. A memory we hope to repeat.

I just saw this, I am SO glad to hear this! I was just reading another review and they went to a different restaurant. We are hoping to go back and want to eat there again :)

The Europe bug bites again! HAHA

We have toured these areas while on cruises and on land tours.

I highly recommend a land tour rather than a cruise if one is visiting these areas. One day, or a few hours in these areas hardly gives one a chance to sample the area.

Hello Ashland,

Would you know the name of the farmhouse you went to? I am trying to find a farmhouse that another cruiser went to, run by Francesco and Claudia , where they made pecorino cheese and had lunch. It was by Orvieto. Appreciate any help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Help! To anyone that has been both to Positano and Sorrento, which one do you suggest we visit? It's our first time there and we'd love to visit both but we wanted to visit both Pompeii and Herculaneum first and due to time constraint and shore excursion only, we have to pick only one between Positano or Sorrento. We are interested more in ancient ruins or a place that has a lot of ancient history and of course lots of photo ops :p.

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. Please advise. Thanks. Ed

Help! To anyone that has been both to Positano and Sorrento, which one do you suggest we visit? It's our first time there and we'd love to visit both but we wanted to visit both Pompeii and Herculaneum first and due to time constraint and shore excursion only, we have to pick only one between Positano or Sorrento. We are interested more in ancient ruins or a place that has a lot of ancient history and of course lots of photo ops :p.

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are interested in ancient history, why go to Sorrento or Positano at all? They are each about the views, their locations, and shopping.

You could easily go to Pompei and Ercolano only using public transit.

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are interested in ancient history, why go to Sorrento or Positano at all? They are each about the views, their locations, and shopping.

You could easily go to Pompei and Ercolano only using public transit.

Like I said, it's our first time there, I did not know they are not about ancient history. And so when it comes to view, location and shopping, which one would you still suggest for us first timers and limited time? Positano or Sorrento?

I'm also very interested in ancient history. Pompeii and Herculaneum are spectacular. You may want to spend the entire time there rather than going to Sorrento or Positano.

If you are set on visiting one of these, Positano would probably be the generally accepted choice if you are into charm.

I stayed in Sorrento for a week -- while it was certainly a safe choice and well-located for our itinerary, I didn't find anything special or charming about the town. It is mostly about shopping.... :rolleyes:

Of those 2 Positano, no question, but be sure your visit allows you to go all the way down to the beach. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]_lpGhBoXGro[/YOUTUBE]

I'm also very interested in ancient history. Pompeii and Herculaneum are spectacular. You may want to spend the entire time there rather than going to Sorrento or Positano.

If you are set on visiting one of these, Positano would probably be the generally accepted choice if you are into charm.

I stayed in Sorrento for a week -- while it was certainly a safe choice and well-located for our itinerary, I didn't find anything special or charming about the town. It is mostly about shopping.... :rolleyes:

We are lucky enough to have 2 days in the area as our ship overnights in Sorrento. We plan to hire a driver for the Amalfi coast tie one day and take the train to Pompeii the next. Would you have any tips for hiring a guide on site ? I will be bringing my rick steves guide and audio tour also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk