Do Celebrity Care – NO!

BJC

Specific example. I was booked in June. i saw a cabin available in July. Same rate class, XO. I paid (rounded numbers) $7000 for the cruise in June and the July cruise (with my 25% discount, now only 12.5%) the price is 10,000. I have this in writing from Celebrity. So they want $3000 more for me to rebook this cruise. This is my complaint.

Is this for 2 people? Is there any date you would accept in the future where the price would be closer to what you paid? Can you explain the 12.5% discount instead of 25%?

I think Celebrity is going about this all wrong. We were on a HAL cruise in 2010 where the cruise ended abruptly because of a hurricane warning. We were 3 days into a 7 night expensive (per diem wise) Canada New England Cruise. They didn't cancel but we headed directly back to Boston where we docked missing 3 out of 5 ports. They gave us 25% of what we paid towards a future cruise (which they didn't have to do since it was weather related), no refund as people could stay onboard and use the ship as a hotel. However, the 25% of amount paid was added to our Mariner number and we could use it as a dollar off discount on any cruise.

We vacation in June/July. That is when we were originally booked. I just want to keep it as much the same as possible. They cancelled the cruise and they are asking me to make all the changes. I'm just asking for around the same time at the same price but I've been told no, even with the supposed 25% discount.

No. You may not comment :D. I refuse to read any post that starts out with something like, "I haven't read the thread, but . . . "

To the OP: I hope you get a response. I think it is time for you to move on to the next level, though, so I would plan on going back to Azamara. I assume it better met your expectations.

Good luck!

Oh, I don't blame you. I read a couple of pages and didn't see what I wanted to say.

And for the record, I said I didn't read the entire thread.:)

I agree the cliental is a bit rougher around the edges - but they pay their money and get to cruise just like everybody else. Don't know what Celebrity has to do with that.

RCI, Carnival, NCL, the bunch of them have everything to do with the number of slobs as passengers. Cut capacity in half, raise the tariff and see what happens. It goes for every market segment of this industry.

RCI, Carnival, NCL, the bunch of them have everything to do with the number of slobs as passengers. Cut capacity in half, raise the tariff and see what happens. It goes for every market segment of this industry.
Plenty of pleasant, respectable people (myself and my partner included) would not be able to afford to cruise repeatedly if the prices rose dramatically. I admit to only having cruised once so far, with a second booked for next year. Even so, I saw no 'slobs' last year and I would be surprised if lines like Celebrity had many 'slobs' sailing with them. Perhaps we have different definitions of 'slob'. Perhaps I would be a slob to you given that I couldn't repeatedly spend several thousand pounds per person on a 12 or 14 night cruise. :rolleyes:

Plenty of pleasant, respectable people (myself and my partner included) would not be able to afford to cruise repeatedly if the prices rose dramatically. I admit to only having cruised once so far, with a second booked for next year. Even so, I saw no 'slobs' last year and I would be surprised if lines like Celebrity had many 'slobs' sailing with them. Perhaps we have different definitions of 'slob'. Perhaps I would be a slob to you given that I couldn't repeatedly spend several thousand pounds per person on a 12 or 14 night cruise. :rolleyes:

Oh, they have them, just like every other line has them, including luxury lines.

Oh, they have them, just like every other line has them, including luxury lines.

Yes, I guess there will be some, but some have money. I don't think cruising is so cheap as to attract low end, mass market, holiday makers. I know I maybe wrong due to my limited experience. What do others think?

Yes, I guess there will be some, but some have money. I don't think cruising is so cheap as to attract low end, mass market, holiday makers. I know I maybe wrong due to my limited experience. What do others think?

I don't think being a slob has anything to do with how much money you have. I've seen just as many slobs on Crystal, Celebrity, as I did on my first NCL cruise last year.

I don't think being a slob has anything to do with how much money you have. I've seen just as many slobs on Crystal, Celebrity, as I did on my first NCL cruise last year.

That's what I thought. So putting-up prices wouldn't help! I'm not all that comfortable with the term slob. They are people, just with different values. I find snobs just as off-putting!

That's what I thought. So putting-up prices wouldn't help! I'm not all that comfortable with the term slob. They are people, just with different values. I find snobs just as off-putting!

People are just different. What I might not find acceptable, someone else feels it is acceptable, so how can we say who is correct or who is not. I personally don't think that a hat should be worn inside, but I see it everywhere; you just have to accept those differences.

I don't have a facebook account and I am Facebook challenged. HOWEVER, I did finally speak to someone that seemed to want to help me. They told me the issue was my travel agent changed companies he worked for. That somehow threw their system into a loop and nothing was being credited properly for me. I had to re-book using the old agency even though the credit vouchers were mailed directly to me. I was told the 25% credit is normally issued for one year but was to be two years, however the forms mailed out did not get updated and still say good for one year only.

My base price on the cruise cancelled was $7000 and now they have offered me $6000. Not quite the 25% but MUCH better. Still no help with my airfare re-booking fees. But I do now feel someone cares. MUCH MUCH BETTER.

I glad Celebrity sorted things for you :)

I don't have a facebook account and I am Facebook challenged. HOWEVER, I did finally speak to someone that seemed to want to help me. They told me the issue was my travel agent changed companies he worked for. That somehow threw their system into a loop and nothing was being credited properly for me. I had to re-book using the old agency even though the credit vouchers were mailed directly to me. I was told the 25% credit is normally issued for one year but was to be two years, however the forms mailed out did not get updated and still say good for one year only.

My base price on the cruise cancelled was $7000 and now they have offered me $6000. Not quite the 25% but MUCH better. Still no help with my airfare re-booking fees. But I do now feel someone cares. MUCH MUCH BETTER.

Great to hear! Thanks to Celebrity for reading these boards and helping you out.

Are you doing the 10 night cruise tour? Will you be in the same XO cabin? I think you did well to get this all inclusive vacation rebooked for 3K per person (assuming it is the package with internal air).

Glad that you finally got an answer and some satisfaction. Never heard that an agent switching agencies could cause problems for a reservation, but it obviously does happen. When people seek advice on selecting an agent we now must advise that one should select an agent who will be remaining with the agency at least until the end of your cruise.

I would contact the owner of the agency, if you haven't already done so, and explain the situation. What would they be willing to do? Enjoy whatever cruise you take.

Are you doing the 10 night cruise tour? Will you be in the same XO cabin? I think you did well to get this all inclusive vacation rebooked for 3K per person (assuming it is the package with internal air).

It is the 10 night and for another XO cabin. That price is the base price not including air.

Never heard that an agent switching agencies could cause problems for a reservation, but it obviously does happen. When people seek advice on selecting an agent we now must advise that one should select an agent who will be remaining with the agency at least until the end of your cruise.

I kept my same agent so I changed agencies with my agent. Celebrity wanted me to change back to the original agency and get a new agent. Somehow the credit was tied to me and the agency combined. For the price drop it was worth it. I didn't know my agent personally.

I kept my same agent so I changed agencies with my agent. Celebrity wanted me to change back to the original agency and get a new agent. Somehow the credit was tied to me and the agency combined. For the price drop it was worth it. I didn't know my agent personally.

Then some of the credit was contributed by the agency, a very common practice. They usually offer a percentage of their commission as credits of one type or another. If you cancel a reservation and rebook with a different agency, the second agency gets the commission and gives you what they will give you. The original agency is no longer involved in the reservation. Celebrity's explanation seems spot on and I think that in the end they did what they could do. Once again, have a wonderful cruise.

It is the 10 night and for another XO cabin. That price is the base price not including air.

Right, but the 10 night includes the internal air from Quito to Galapagos.

We are doing this cruise next year. It will be our second time in Galapagos, but first time on Xpedition. They are significantly less money than other luxury ships in the area.

Do Celebrity care about the concerns of their cruisers, even Captain Club Select Members, the simple answer is NO!

We had a bad experience on our May/June Baltic Cruise on Celebrity Constellation, after which I sent two e-mails to Celebrity in June and having only received their automated receipt response, I then posted them a hard copy letter in July, and followed that with another e-mail in August and they have refused to respond to my concerns.

So the question is do they really give a dam as to what their customers think about their service, and the problems they may have had on a cruise, and unfortunately it appears that they don’t!

Their attitude to responding to adverse comments appears to be “oh well we lost those ones, never mind we have plenty others to keep us going” well guess what, if you have too many of us talking about how you have let us down with poor service, old and run down cruise ships, poor maintenance, less than acceptable standard food, and simply a rude and inexcusable lack of customer service by not listening to or responding to your customers will surly see a downturn in your patronage.

I for one who has been a strong supporter of Celebrity over the years, and as a freelance writer and guest speaker on cruising in my home state of Western Australia, I will no longer recommend Celebrity to my audience’s, I’m sorry but a simple response might have made a difference but to be so rude and inconsiderate as to completely ignore my communications has left me dumfounded.

I only hope that other customers, outside of the US, don’t experience the same sort of treatment, it is almost as if we don’t count, how sad.

:( They don't care!!! They should remember how empty there ships were in 2012 and 2013. They better hope nothing bad happens in the world again to stop people from traveling, some of us that stayed with them and did not stop cruising, may not be there for them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

:( They don't care!!! They should remember how empty there ships were in 2012 and 2013. They better hope nothing bad happens in the world again to stop people from traveling, some of us that stayed with them and did not stop cruising, may not be there for them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Yes, the global economy can easily react badly to some issues and cause major havoc with travel companies.:D

:o:o:o OOPS!!!! I really meant to say how empty Celebrity ships were in 2002 and 2003 when people were afraid to travel, those of us that kept cruising with them, may not be there for them if something again causes people to stop traveling!!!

:o:o:o OOPS!!!! I really meant to say how empty Celebrity ships were in 2002 and 2003 when people were afraid to travel, those of us that kept cruising with them, may not be there for them if something again causes people to stop traveling!!!

I knew what you meant, sort of anyway.:D

Archived