Tricks, Tips & Advice for my first Cunard cruise?

lovely_serenity

I dunno - I was just following in the footsteps of Salacia the trendsetter.

I thought we were now expected to end all posts with a random selection of letters.

FLOR

J

J3B, YR2F!:D

Translation: You are too funny!:D

VIII.XX.MMXIII

S.

Edited by Salacia

So many things; it's hard to choose just one!

I love getting my first glimpse of the ship, boarding with all of the white-gloved attendants, seeing that she's still as beautiful and elegant as I remembered, opening my cabin door for the first time, getting invites in my mail slot, delicious chocolates on my pillow and reading the Daily Programme before bed each night, luxurious treatments in the spa, the pomp and circumstance of afternoon tea (no one does this better!), people-watching on formal nights, the great production quality of the shows... As you can tell, I can go on and on!

If you appreciate "fancy" then you're going to love Cunard!

KK

Your post is getting me psyched! Even more so than before :D! Indeed, we fantisize about fancy! :)

XX.VIII.MMXIII (British date format)

And if you start with Leet I'm defo leaving :eek:

J

Not LEET:eek:

Sarah, I think :confused: Cruachan was referring to Leetspeak:confused:

Leet is headache producing writing.

seasidegal

Oh, it seems we've somehow gotten off track! ;) :D

So, does anyone have any other hints/tips for my first Cunard experience? What are some can't misses? How about food? What food MUST I try?

Well done. You have more skills than a seasoned chairperson.

LMAO

Edited by candle in the wind

Oh, it seems we've somehow gotten off track! ;) :D

So, does anyone have any other hints/tips for my first Cunard experience? What are some can't misses? How about food? What food MUST I try?

Hints/tips - do try Pol Acker, unique to Cunard and once tried never forgotten...

M-AR

Hints/tips - do try Pol Acker, unique to Cunard and once tried never forgotten...

M-AR

M-AR the OP has written that she recently turned 16 years of age. Not sure Pol Acker is a good recommendation for her:confused:. BTW, I understand how you wouldn't be immediately aware of her age from her posts, plus we so rarely see teenagers posting threads. Speaking of which, you might want read the review the OP recently published on CC about her cruise on Disney in 2011 - the OP would have just turned 14 on that cruise if my math is correct LOL :D (the link is in her signature). ;) -S.

Edited by Salacia

M-AR the OP has written that she recently turned 16 years of age. Not sure Pol Acker is a good recommendation for her:confused:. BTW, I understand how you wouldn't be immediately aware of her age from her posts, plus we so rarely see teenagers posting threads. Speaking of which, you might want read the review the OP recently published on CC about her cruise on Disney in 2011 - the OP would have just turned 14 on that cruise if my math is correct LOL :D (the link is in her signature). ;) -S.

Actually, I recently turned 17! :D hehe

M-AR

From what I've Googled, Pol Acker seems pretty nasty :)
Poor Pol Acker, always dumped on, often just dumped. It is in no way nasty, or corrosive, or your-favorite-insult-goes-here. It is just an inexpensive sparkling white wine, made in France by the méthode traditionnelle, but not made in the Champagne region. It isn't Champagne and it doesn't pretend to be Champagne. It's perfectly adequate in mixed drinks that require something fizzy, and it's just the thing to give away by the thousands of bottles to all those folks who drink "champagne" only once a year on New Year's Eve.

Poor Pol Acker, always dumped on, often just dumped. It is in no way nasty, or corrosive, or your-favorite-insult-goes-here. It is just an inexpensive sparkling white wine, made in France by the méthode traditionnelle, but not made in the Champagne region. It isn't Champagne and it doesn't pretend to be Champagne. It's perfectly adequate in mixed drinks that require something fizzy, and it's just the thing to give away by the thousands of bottles to all those folks who drink "champagne" only once a year on New Year's Eve.

Well, I wouldn't know, I don't drink :) perhaps I'll recommend it to Mum and Dad :-)

[quote name='Salacia']And I recently turned 39 hehehhehe...happy belated birthday to both of us lol :D;);)[/quote]"Thirty-Five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years. Lady Dumbleton is an instance in point. To my knowledge she has been thirty-five ever since she arrived at the age of forty, which was many years ago now". Lady Bracknell.

(:D ;) ;) DUWOV ) Edited by pepperrn
typo

[quote name='pepperrn']"Thirty-Five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years. Lady Dumbleton is an instance in point. To my knoweldge she has been thirty-five ever since she arrived at the age of forty, which was many years ago now". Lady Bracknell.

(:D ;) ;) DUWOV )[/quote]

"[I]Ah, had only I stopped counting at thirty-five! But the passing years would only reveal my attempted disquise, and disgrace myself to all those who had the grace to accept the passing of time[/I]..." Salacia

FTIMUBAR ;);):D Edited by Salacia

[quote name='Salacia']"[I]Ah, had only I stopped counting at thirty-five! But the passing years would only reveal my attempted disquise, and disgrace myself to all those who had the grace to accept the passing of time[/I]..." Salacia

FTIMUBAR ;);):D[/QUOTE]
Haha, my mom told my brother (when he was a little kid) that she was 22 for a good 10 years :D:D:D