First Time Cruiser Just Off Jewel--Ask Me Anything

Is there ice cream? Is it available 24 hours?

We leave on the Jewel in two weeks. We have been on Carnival, HAL and Celebrity. All of them have ice cream available almost always.

Please tell me they have ice cream or I will have to smuggle it on board in a rum runner! :D

Is there ice cream? Is it available 24 hours?

We leave on the Jewel in two weeks. We have been on Carnival, HAL and Celebrity. All of them have ice cream available almost always.

Please tell me they have ice cream or I will have to smuggle it on board in a rum runner! :D

there is soft-serve available whenever the Windjammer is open. 11-5 and 6:30-9 I think. There is ice cream always as an option for dessert in the Tides dinning room. Don't think there is 24-hour ice cream.

Why didn't you love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (please forgive typos)

The ship was crowded.

I was bored on the ship/too much time on the ship.

The food was average.

Everything costs extra money/they are always trying to sell you something.

There are a lot of rules on board.

Dance music constantly at the outside pool.

The shows/activities were mostly lame.

The ship was crowded.

I was bored on the ship/too much time on the ship.

The food was average.

Everything costs extra money/they are always trying to sell you something.

There are a lot of rules on board.

Dance music constantly at the outside pool.

The shows/activities were mostly lame.

Wow.

Everything costs extra? I don't think so, but what do you mean specifically?

And rules? Perhaps to ensure the health and safety of all guests? But do elaborate because it's interesting you would say that.

Guess cruising isn't for everybody! For those of you worried about your upcoming cruise on Jewel...just sailed similar itinerary on Jewel (St. Kitts instead of St. Croix) and had a great time. This was the 4th time doing the southern itin. and we absolutely love it! The Jewel is a beautiful ship and the crew was the friendliest, most attentive we have encountered on a cruise. Brought our teenagers (17 & 19) and they had a ball. Excursions we did: St Martin-- shopping then Orient Beach. St. Kitts-- Stand Up Paddleboarding (awesome day), Antigua--taxi to Valley Church Beach (gorgeous beach), St. Lucia--Best zip lining tour ever with TreeTop Adventures and Barbados--Jammin Catamaran cruise/swim & snorkel with the sea turtles.

I would be happy to answer any questions with a more positive spin if you have any...

Agreed and thanks for the offer. Jewel is indeed that - a glorious gem. We had one (well, two - a B2B!) of our best cruises on Jewel. She is phenomenal.

Oh....how we envied the people that got to stay on for a 2nd week!! Maybe someday we will be able to do the B2B :o

Thanks for answering my first question. Do you happen to know if the dining room was open on embarkation day?

I'm sorry you didn't love your vacation.

No RC ship has the dining room open for lunch on embark day.

And Jewel, I think you have discovered that you don't like cruising - its not for everyone.

Archived