MSC for experienced cruiser?

MSC seems to be a mixed bag. I'm trying to figure out if an experienced cruiser, used to luxury travel, would be very disappointed in the MSC Prezosia? I've read that the ship caters to families, is this true during the school year? Also, are the cabin walls paper thin?

Appreciate any answers from past MSC cruisers. Thank you.

MSC seems to be a mixed bag. I'm trying to figure out if an experienced cruiser, used to luxury travel, would be very disappointed in the MSC Prezosia? I've read that the ship caters to families, is this true during the school year? Also, are the cabin walls paper thin?

Appreciate any answers from past MSC cruisers. Thank you.

Go over to the Celebrity Cruise line board and read the thread about MSC and Celebrity. You will discover that most say they would never cruise MSC ever again. Most feel the food and service is poor, the constant announcements in 5 languages to be a pain, and unless you're a smoker, MSC's liberal smoking policy can be a pain.

I usually regard posters' lists of past cruises as a waste of space.

But it would've been very useful to figure what you regard as "luxury" cruises.

MSC is Italian, so it's "different". It doesn't do things the American (or British) way. God knows why, but folk are surprised that they do things the Italian way. :rolleyes:

And like many things Italian, to some extent MSC is a triumph of style over substance.

These things account for many of the negative comments from both North Americans & Brits.

IMHO it broadly matches RCI or Princess, & is a poorer product than Celebrity. And that's fair enough considering the ticket-prices.

But though I've no experience of Azamara, Silversea, Regent & the like, given their hype & prices I'd be very disappointed if they gave me the same experience as my perfectly acceptable value-for-money MSC cruise.

"Used to luxury travel"?

I rather suspect that you'd be under-whelmed by MSC.

JB :)

If you enjoy luxury travel, you will be disappointed with MSC. When I speak of luxury , I mean Crystal, Regent Seabourn and that type of cruise. Prrincess, Celebrity,HAL etc. are mass market cruises. One step down from luxury would be Oceania.

I usually regard posters' lists of past cruises as a waste of space.

But it would've been very useful to figure what you regard as "luxury" cruises.

If you look at the OP's previous posts, they seem to be exclusively in roll-calls for Oceania cruises.

Archived