New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

Forgot that Millennium was "Solsticized" last year and that cabins were added. X website was unavailable to me when I tried to find the exact paxs capacity, which I knew was around two thousands when we sailed last on this class of ships so I went to online TA that must show the previous spec.

Also occupancy includes all passenger berths while capacity is what regulations state they can have legally onboard which is 2034.

We happened to just be in our room after dinner and before the show packing and a bit after 9 we received the baggage tags for tomorrow and told bags have to be out at 11pm tonite. Less than 2 hours notice and thankfully we happened to be in our rooms. No idea what hotel we are in just that we have to be in the theater at 10:30am tomorrow for a 6:40pm flight to anchorage. Going to be a LONG day....

Hope people bookmark it for future reference.

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

It works in Canada too evidently?? Wonder about the Brits, the Aussies & the New Zealanders? Or maybe there are similar ones there?

Most insurance cant be sold across borders with Canada possibly being an exception. Those overseas can check in their countries for options available to them.

We happened to just be in our room after dinner and before the show packing and a bit after 9 we received the baggage tags for tomorrow and told bags have to be out at 11pm tonite. Less than 2 hours notice and thankfully we happened to be in our rooms. No idea what hotel we are in just that we have to be in the theater at 10:30am tomorrow for a 6:40pm flight to anchorage. Going to be a LONG day....

Yep, hope all goes well for you.:D

Sitting on the plane. Boarding proceeding at a snails pace. We stood in the hangar waiting for it to even start for between 45 min and an hour. Estimate boarding will take an hour to complete

Still no hotel information provided.

Again, this is mostly just to let our Celebrity corporate readership know the places that need work.

We were each given a bottle of water as we entered the hangar

Approx ten members of the Celebrity "go team " stood around chatting as we waited in line. How about an announcement like, if you need a restroom they're over here" or "please have your passport open to the first page". Something to show some leadership and authority as we become increasingly tired and disoriented.

Probably my last post unless the yet-to-be-determined hotel has free wi go tomorrow or I find a McDonald's or Starbucks or the eqiuvalent

Oh I wish I was headed to Anchorage. Unfortunately this flight goes to Vancouver. This one either takes 1 hour 15 minutes or 1 hour 30 minutes or 1 hour 45 minutes depending on which official Celebrity spokesperson you listen to. ( does anyone remember the old "to Tell the Truth" game show on tv? There's an analogy here)

Wow hope you get going soon and arrive safely. Anyone know how long the actual flight from Ketchikan to Anchorage is?

The distance between Ketchikan and Anchorage is 772 Miles. Not sure what types of aircraft are being used... but this should help.

Hello everyone,

I live in Ketchikan and feel bad for all of you. A friend of mine works at one of our local grocery stores and they were making box lunches for millie pax and our local rec center email current members saying the rec center was going to have mille pax from 9am to 6pm tomorrow. Rumor is millie will be on her way tomorrow after to Florida!!!!

this is what Alaskan and proud market posted on their facebook page 11 hours ago..sorry I tried to post link but don't know how

The deli department at Alaskan & Proud Market has been very busy making breakfast & lunches for the cruise ship Millennium flights...Oh, by the way we do orders for all your special occasions.

Thanks for the news. With them saying the ship was leaving tomorrow at 1 pm yet them also saying today that my flight wasn't til 6.45. I was wondering how they expected us to spend the rest of the day. Hope the rec center is nice.

BTW one of the enjoyment of this trip was getting off the ship after all the other cruise ships left and getting to me the locals. Everyone here is so warm and nice and friendly. Greatly appreciate the people of Ketchikan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

and as of 5 hours ago Ketchikan parks and recreation posted this on their facebook:

Just a heads up to our regular customers:

We will be housing the remaining passengers from the millennium tomorrow from 9am-approximately 6pm, so the building may be busy. We will still be open and have classes, lessons and swims as scheduled.

Thanks for the news. With them saying the ship was leaving tomorrow at 1 pm yet them also saying today that my flight wasn't til 6.45. I was wondering how they expected us to spend the rest of the day. Hope the rec center is nice.

BTW one of the enjoyment of this trip was getting off the ship after all the other cruise ships left and getting to me the locals. Everyone here is so warm and nice and friendly. Greatly appreciate the people of Ketchikan.

the rec center is ok but to be honest I rather be on the ship than watching people work out. I don't think there is enough seats for everyone, and I am guessing that's what the sandwiches from market are for.

the rec center is ok but to be honest I rather be on the ship than watching people work out. I don't think there is enough seats for everyone, and I am guessing that's what the sandwiches from market are for.

Thanks for all the info Laylalara. :D

Are they going to keep people there overnight do you think?

Hi

We were booked on the Sept. 13 Millennium Cruise (which is cancelled) and booked on the Sept. 22 Panama Canal cruise. They were booked together, same cabin, etc. My question is - do we try to get a refund for both cruises or do I purchase new air to San Diego and hope that the Sept. 22 cruise is a go? Thanks to all of you for your help.

Yes to me it is pathetic that they won't wait for all the passengers to depart before moving and clearing the ship.

I can understand the sentiment. It does seem to be a bit rough from the current passenger's perspective.

From the other side, they have a long distance to cover, at limited power and don't seem to have a lot of capacity in that schedule for slippages. I am sure they need all the time they have to ensure they meet the plan, so that future passengers are also not further affected.

Hi

We were booked on the Sept. 13 Millennium Cruise (which is cancelled) and booked on the Sept. 22 Panama Canal cruise. They were booked together, same cabin, etc. My question is - do we try to get a refund for both cruises or do I purchase new air to San Diego and hope that the Sept. 22 cruise is a go? Thanks to all of you for your help.

My understanding of the current situation is the expectation is you would continue with your second Sept 22 cruise.

Best to discuss with the reps, confirm it and have it noted on your booking.

After being on the Xmas/new years sailing of millenium from Hong Kong -Singapore we were shocked to see that the supposed makeover was seriously lacking. The engines aren't the only tired worn parts. The carpets, bathrooms- public and in the cabins ,elevator buttons, pool furniture, the stained sheets and bedding in cabins, dishes and silverware just to name a few things.

So many had noro virus. Hoping celebrity either retires & replaces millenium or brings it up to the standards that the guests deserve and expect! Being the ship will be drydocked for a month there is no excuse!

After being on the Xmas/new years sailing of millenium from Hong Kong -Singapore we were shocked to see that the supposed makeover was seriously lacking. The engines aren't the only tired worn parts. The carpets, bathrooms- public and in the cabins ,elevator buttons, pool furniture, the stained sheets and bedding in cabins, dishes and silverware just to name a few things.

So many had noro virus. Hoping celebrity either retires & replaces millenium or brings it up to the standards that the guests deserve and expect! Being the ship will be drydocked for a month there is no excuse!

I believe the repair is less than a week...the rest of it is travel time.:rolleyes:

I'm booked on the Millenium's October 7 Panama Canal cruise, so I'm following this thread with interest. Posters are providing a valuable service by talking about their experiences here, but does anyone from Celebrity really pay attention? There's been very little information in the mainstream media about your ordeal, and Celebrity's Facebook page is as bright and cheerful as ever.

I would hope that some of the more outraged and articulate of you would re-frame some of your posts here into 140 characters and make your statements there. (Don't know if I'm allowed to mention the name of the site.) You'd be performing a real service to those like me who don't normally follow the Celebrity thread here.

Archived