Hydropool & thermal suites

Kevonic123

Does anyone know what the process is when you buy the hydro pool & thermal suites package on board? I know the charge it to your account like everything else but do they actually have a record in the greenhouse spa? The reason I ask is every time I purchase the spa package it seems like all they do is put a sticker on my room card and that's my pass. Was wondering if anyone has ever just put a similar sticker on there room key and has successfully gained access to the thermal suites and hydro pool?

Not sure what you are asking here - true confessions from someone who scammed the system, how to scam the system, or how the system works. :cool: You are right, they put a sticker on your card which you surrender to get the locker key and pass card for the thermal suite and hydro pool room.

Does anyone know what the process is when you buy the hydro pool & thermal suites package on board? I know the charge it to your account like everything else but do they actually have a record in the greenhouse spa? The reason I ask is every time I purchase the spa package it seems like all they do is put a sticker on my room card and that's my pass. Was wondering if anyone has ever just put a similar sticker on there room key and has successfully gained access to the thermal suites and hydro pool?

Just curious -- are you thinking of scamming HAL to get something free?

Sad.

the two times we purchased the package, we had to surrender our ship card while we were using the facility.

Our ship card was presumably checked somehow, and then we were given a card that would allow us entry.

The sticker isn't just something that can be purchased at the office supply store. It's a slightly oval sticker, in HAL blue, with the HAL logo imprinted on it. There's a texture on top.

I'm sure they know their own stickers. Simply running their finger over it when it's exchanged for the pass will alert them to an attempted scam.

I'm just asking if it can be scammed I guess. I have paid for it many times and it seems so easy to get for free.

Wow. :eek: Your first post here and your asking if you can scam the system on HAL. Nice. :rolleyes:

I'm just asking if it can be scammed I guess. I have paid for it many times and it seems so easy to get for free.

LOL I interpreted your question as a, "If I'm paying, how is HAL ensuring it's not crowded by people who aren't paying" sort of question.

Either way, I would think it hard to scam the system. Then again, I've never tried.

On a side note, the hydrotherapy pool and thermal suite is my FAVORITE place to be. LOL

If caught, it would be good grounds for the Captain to ask the scofflaw to leave the ship at the next port. Taking extra cookies might be a more benign way to get more than one's fair share.

But then, I even feel a little guilty taking popcorn when I know I won't be attending the movie. Or passing through the Explorers Lounge for the free chocolates, when not stopping to listen to the Adagio strings ;)

Great question. It is interesting how many people go to the negative and assume you want to scam the system. I think it is fair to ask if you are paying for the service to see if it is just an honor type of system. By the way, I would take the popcorn whether I was going to watch the movie or not. My DW loves popcorn and its a nice treat for her.

The sticker isn't just something that can be purchased at the office supply store. It's a slightly oval sticker, in HAL blue, with the HAL logo imprinted on it. There's a texture on top.

I'm sure they know their own stickers. Simply running their finger over it when it's exchanged for the pass will alert them to an attempted scam.

I checked some our old room cards (7 of them) and they all have an office supply style round sticker on them - nothing special identifying HAL - of different colour. They probably change the colour for every cruise.

Ruth my stickers have always been plain round with nothing on it in a bright yellow colour.

I checked some our old room cards (7 of them) and they all have an office supply style round sticker on them - nothing special identifying HAL - of different colour. They probably change the colour for every cruise.

Ruth my stickers have always been plain round with nothing on it in a bright yellow colour.

Wow. Good to know. I wonder if HAL ran out of a special supply, and never reordered, to save a few bucks? I've always had the blue, embossed stickers.

Seems then it would be possible to scam the system. Not good.

Archived