Corner Aft Suite or Aqua?

Aruba76

We have the opportunity to upgrade to a corner aft Sky Suite on our October Med cruise on the Equinox. Having never stayed in a suite, is the upcharge of $400 worth it? How is the location? Any problems associated with an aft location? Thank you in advance for helping us with this very difficult decision (sarcasm intended - all problems should be this big!)

is it 400 total or per person for 400.00 I would probably go for it, but beware you can get spoiled, also don't forget you will have a butler to tip too :)

You are so right. We were able to upgrade from a aqua class to a suite for only $91 pp on our last cruise. We so loved it we booked a Sky suite for our next cruise. It is so worth the extra money. Who knows they could upgrade you as with our son and his wife from a Sky suite to a Celebrity Suite. What a surprise for them. We were not so lucky but loved the Sky suite. As for the butler he was fantastic and one of the reasons we book a suite this time.

It's $400 total - pretty silly not to, but we have never been in an aft cabin so we aren't sure.

We are in a aft Sky suite for our next cruise and are so looking forward to it. I am sure that you will have a fantastic time. But the other poster is right about not wanting to go back after being in a suite. Have fun.

It's $400 total - pretty silly not to, but we have never been in an aft cabin so we aren't sure.

There's no comparison in the cabins. The S1s are quite a bit larger, more comfortable seating, more storage, bigger bathroom with tub and larger balcony that enables you to look down the side of the ship. The aft view is great. Only downsides are that you can get soot on the balcony from the funnels (depending upon wind direction of the smoke) and all but the Resort Deck balconies are quite open from above. The Resort Deck balconies have a public area above them and you may hear scraping of chairs. For the price though I would go with the S1.

Phil

We are pondering the same decision with respect to our upcoming cruise. For the time being, we are planning to stick with Aqua, due to concerns about not being able to be seated in Blu, if the restaurant is busy. Since we have never sailed in a suite, we are having difficulty weighing the advantages of the extra space vs. the Blu seating issues.

I would change to a S1 in a heartbeat if the cost was only $400. You can still eat in Blu if you want, the room is huge (although be aware there will be a pole in the room), the balcony is wonderful and you have an additional window to see off to the side. The bath has double sinks and a real bathtub and there is double the closet/storage space of a regular balcony. It is a LONG walk to the stairs or elevator, but most find that helpful to control weight.:rolleyes:

Thank you to everyone for your helpful comments. We upgraded and are very happy with our decision. We'll take a chance with Blu - we have eaten there on two cruises and our experiences were completely different. On the Solstice it was wonderful - everything it is supposed to be. However, on the Millennium, not so much. Not sure if it was because the ship had recently been solsticized and they didn't have enough experience/training, but we ended up eating in the MDR the last 4 nights with some new friends. Either way, we know it will be a great cruise - always is with Celebrity!

Sorry new iPad and pressed the wrong button. One more thing you will each receive a dinner for one week and two on a two week cruise in one of the specialty restaurant. You can ask your butler for shrimp and smoked salmon when he brings the afternoon canapés. On the last cruise it was our son and his wife anniversary. When we came back to their room in the evening after the show the butler had balloons in the room,the wine chilled and plates of cheese,shrimp and salmon ready for us. He even left a nice anniversary card for them. What a nice evening that was for all of use. We did give him a tip the first day and agin at the end if the cruise. He did make our cruise one to remember. When we are on the next cruise it will be my birthday and I wonder if I will get the same.

Thanks for the info! We are on a 12 night cruise so I guess we will have two speciality restaurant dinners. We are also celebrating our anniversary on the cruise. We will be on the ship on the actual day, and we are also celebrating a big birthday for both of us just before we cruise. So many occasions to celebrate - can't think of a better way!

How nice to be on a cruise for a special occasion. On the next cruise for my birthday and on the next one for our anniversary (53) years. Now that makes me old lol. I wish you both a wonderful holiday. And happy anniversary and birthdays.

Do you feel the constant vibration of the engines in the aft suites? We'd love to try one on an S-class ship but are a tad cautious.

We were in a S1 on the Equinox a few years ago and I never felt a vibration...ever.:)

Barb

Archived