Changing Captain's Circle Levels on B2B

RMM34667

We just returned from a 14 day cruise to AK that we booked as 1 cruise. It was in reality 2 separate cruises. My husband became platinum at the end of the first leg. He did receive a platinum card for the second leg along with the addl benefits. We didn't have to do anything. Also, those booking the 14 day did not have to leave the ship. All we had to do was go in a line onboard and check out the old card and check in the new. Those booking as a true b2b did have to leave and come back on board. This was on the Island Princess.

You both should have received a new cruise card for the second segment and you both should have needed to sign out with the old card and in with the new card. This is no different for those who booked it as two seperate cruises.

There was no need for anyone to go through immigration in Whittier since when you first boarded in Vancouver, you did the immigration into the US again.

I suspect those on a b2b that did leave the ship did so to take tours that day.

You both should have received a new cruise card for the second segment and you both should have needed to sign out with the old card and in with the new card. This is no different for those who booked it as two seperate cruises.

There was no need for anyone to go through immigration in Whittier since when you first boarded in Vancouver, you did the immigration into the US again.

I suspect those on a b2b that did leave the ship did so to take tours that day.

Everyone did receive a new card (my husband changed status to Platinum and rec'd that as the new card even though we booked as one 14 day cruise after the first leg, what the OP was wondering) I spoke to a couple that did book as 2 cruises and they said they had to leave and come back on. So I'm not quite sure why they said that if they didn't have to. We were told we could either stay on board or leave when ever and come back whenever as per our instructions given. I didn't understand why they said they had to leave and come back (they had no excursion planned and were basically just staying on the ship) Who knows maybe they were mistaken. We did leave for a tour we had booked but since Princess suggested if on board at 9 30 am to come to one of the dining rooms and swipe out and back in we did that.

The Booking Summary on the Cruise Personalizer shows us as Platinum for the first cruise and Elite for the next two. Love seeing that word. :D

Cheers, Denise

My friend and I have a B2B2B2B booked for next year (4 different booking numbers) where she will become Elite after the 3rd segment and I will be Elite after the last one. I checked our Personalizer and it says "Platinum" for her last segment. Wonder why yours says Elite, but my friends' doesn't? :confused:

My friend and I have a B2B2B2B booked for next year (4 different booking numbers) where she will become Elite after the 3rd segment and I will be Elite after the last one. I checked our Personalizer and it says "Platinum" for her last segment. Wonder why yours says Elite, but my friends' doesn't? :confused:

While our B2B2B is showing Elite for the last 2 legs on the Royal, we booked a Mexican cruise on the Star that is still showing us Platinum!! It's for next October.

My sister is not showing Elite on her Royal cruise. So obviously there is no consistency on the Personalizer. :eek: as long as it is right on the cruise, that's all that matters. :D

Cheers, Denise

While our B2B2B is showing Elite for the last 2 legs on the Royal, we booked a Mexican cruise on the Star that is still showing us Platinum!! It's for next October.

My sister is not showing Elite on her Royal cruise. So obviously there is no consistency on the Personalizer. :eek: as long as it is right on the cruise, that's all that matters. :D

Cheers, Denise

I would call Princess and see if they can straighten it out.

I called Princess about my personalizer. I am booked on the B2B in November and I am also booked on a cruise in January. In the personalizer, the status shows gold to Ruby in November but in January, it still shows I am gold. THey explained that in November because the B2B is a done deal, the change is reflected. In January, because we have not yet actually sailed in November, the status remains gold. I presume when I return from the November trip, the status in January will be upgraded.

That is the only thing I can think of.

I have a question sort of on the same lines as this thread. We are taking a 15 day Hawaii cruise in October. We are Ruby right now and need two more cruises to be Platinum. Even though this is a single booking cruise; because it's actually a day longer than 2-7 day cruises, I have heard that if we talk to the Captain's Circle Rep, they will count it as two cruise credits for us. Then, when we book our next cruise we will be Platinum. Otherwise we will have to get through one more cruise to become Platinum. Any insight from anyone?

Seems to be some confusion as to when one qualifies and moves up in the captain's Circle roster. We booked on the Ruby T/A FLL to Rome and later decided to continue on with her for the Greek Isles 12 day cruise. It was one cruise number but really two different cruises. We did not need to disembark at Civitavecchia only swap cruise cards. When we got our new cards both of us had been "promoted" to Platinum pin and all for the second portion. We were surprised but pleased since we were invited to the Captain's "big" cocktail party. Out TA had told us we wouldn't be platinum until we completed our whole 26 day cruise. Also, our Cruise Personalizer shows us as having only five cruises. Interesting.

Seems to be some confusion as to when one qualifies and moves up in the captain's Circle roster. We booked on the Ruby T/A FLL to Rome and later decided to continue on with her for the Greek Isles 12 day cruise. It was one cruise number but really two different cruises. We did not need to disembark at Civitavecchia only swap cruise cards. When we got our new cards both of us had been "promoted" to Platinum pin and all for the second portion. We were surprised but pleased since we were invited to the Captain's "big" cocktail party. Out TA had told us we wouldn't be platinum until we completed our whole 26 day cruise. Also, our Cruise Personalizer shows us as having only five cruises. Interesting.

We just did this on an AK cruise 1 booking number actually 2 cruises. We had the same thing on board, my husband's status changed after the first leg and Princess gave him the new Platinum card. Our cruise was in our Personalizer as one as well upon return but I called Captain Circle and they gave us credit for the addl cruise. Call and they will give you credit for the 2 cruises.

We changed status after our first leg, and the Captain Circle rep gave us a black card to show when checking in for the second leg. Ours was a little more complicated because we sailed on two different ships, but it went very smoothly thanks to the very nice young lady who gave us the cards.

Archived