Keurig question?

Teddie, Thanks!!! I do that at home...with the cup and my coffee pot lol.

I was thinking about the heating rod thing, but that just seems like too much room for error. ...I'd likely drop it and step on it or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Those are a big fire hazard, so please don´t bring them. Most likely and hopefully they catch it and confiscate it.

They now make them with an auto shut off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Why take a chance?

The cords could have hidden shorts in them!:(:eek:

JUST DON'T DO IT!:D

Presented as an option for real hot water. Any appliance including the in room coffee makers could have same chance of in line shorts. Option is to use the bittled water and run through the in room coffee maker. Gets it more than hot enough.

I'll take Seattle's Best over Starbucks any day!

Totally agree!!! Starbucks is a name and far from being a quality brew. Best move they made was to acquire Seattles Best. Notice they did not change the name?

They now make them with an auto shut off.

The heating elements produced today comes with instructions that they must be plugged in while in water and must be unplugged while in water because a few seconds out of water still plugged in will blow the non replaceable fuse and render it useless.

All I had to do was read the title of this thread. Why would you bring counter top crap (as I call it) on a cruise?.....Mine as well bring the kitchen sink while your at it. I understand that the coffee on board may not be to your liking, coffee strengths differ around the country. I am sure the fact that your on a fantastic vacation will more than make up for the coffee. JMHO.

I can think of nothing else that would make my cruise vacation absolutely perfect than if they installed a Keurig in every cabin. I am absolutely in love with mine and am already thinking about how I will miss it when we leave in 4 days for our cruise...a girl can dream right???

Buy one of those little water warmers. Jist a metal piece on end of a cord.

That's even worse, a hot heated metal coil without any enclosure or thermal safety cutoff at all.:eek::eek::eek:

I think you will survive a week without your special coffee.

That's even worse, a hot heated metal coil without any enclosure or thermal safety cutoff at all.:eek::eek::eek:

I think you will survive a week without your special coffee.

Read the thread and context of the post before you get all bent out of shape:mad:

Might I recommend an Aeropress? It's about $25 online, and it makes single cup servings, similar to a tiny french press. The reason I recommend it is because of how easy it is to clean. Because it uses a plunger, it wipes the chamber free of grinds while pressing. So after you finish pressing the coffee, you only need to unscrew the cap and push the grinds and filter into the trash and wipe off the plunger.

Read the thread and context of the post before you get all bent out of shape:mad:

Mom, posters are suggesting alternatives, a hot metal immersion coil is a fire hazard. I don't want to go to muster because someone can't go a week without some special coffee.

Mom, posters are suggesting alternatives, a hot metal immersion coil is a fire hazard. I don't want to go to muster because someone can't go a week without some special coffee.

Then quote the appropriate post you are criticizing.

As an avid Keurig user, we shut ours down and clean it out prior to leaving on a cruise then proceed to enjoy the coffees supplied on board.

I find it funny that all these people concerned about getting great coffee or criticizing the coffees on the ship only to add sugar, cream, fufu additives like flavors etc to make their perfect cup of "coffee" and all those who swear by Starbucks brlecause they love their "coffee" that is milk over ice with french vanilla and a little coffee added in.

The coffee selections on the ship, albeit far from that brewed in a Keurig are bearable.

Unless you drink your coffee black with no additives then you have no idea whether you are drinking a good cup or not. Go rate the flavors.

Just break down and buy a decent cup of coffee.
I'm sorry but some of the posts I read are almost to silly to imagine....To honestly contemplate lugging a Keurig on a cruise seems laughable and well I'll leave it at that!......:rolleyes::confused:

Haven't heard of that one before. Something new, or maybe local to you? We use Dunkin's at home.

Been around longer than Starbucks. It was originally local (Berkley/SF bayarea) but they are making a push to compete with starbucks all over CA and the west coast, heading east. Not on the fufu drinks but the quality of the roast.

They have a store in Boulder and Denver http://www.peets.com/stores/stores-store-list.html

Been around longer than Starbucks. It was originally local (Berkley/SF bayarea) but they are making a push to compete with starbucks all over CA and the west coast, heading east. Not on the fufu drinks but the quality of the roast.

They have a store in Boulder and Denver http://www.peets.com/stores/stores-store-list.html

Wish we had one on the east coast. Starbucks is terrible, wawa for those of you in the area is hit and miss at best, Dunkin isn't too bad. Would be nive to get a brew that is top notch when we are on the road like our Keurig.

Archived