Keurig question?

Haven't heard of that one before. Something new, or maybe local to you? We use Dunkin's at home.

Actually it's Peet's. I have 2 bags of coffee here that were given to me by a customer, who is a rep for them. Peet's is ground in Berkeley, CA. Incidentally, Peet's also owns Caribou Coffee. As far as local coffees, I love Boyer's, and Dazbog is OK. BTW, Peet's and Caribou are available at WM, and King Sooper for sure - not sure about City Market, Safeway, or Albertson's.

I think you should bring it. The coffee pot, all the little cups, water for the pot, and your milk and sugar and coffee cups. Not one person will care or stop you, not the airline, cabs, or shuttles.

Wither you can get it on the ship is another story:rolleyes::p

Actually it's Peet's. I have 2 bags of coffee here that were given to me by a customer, who is a rep for them. Peet's is ground in Berkeley, CA. Incidentally, Peet's also owns Caribou Coffee. As far as local coffees, I love Boyer's, and Dazbog is OK. BTW, Peet's and Caribou are available at WM, and King Sooper for sure - not sure about City Market, Safeway, or Albertson's.

Also in OAK, Hayward & SF!!!:D

I know, I go all the time!:p

Next to Peet's, Starbuck's is coffee-flavored water!:eek:

Also in OAK, Hayward & SF!!!:D

I know, I go all the time!:p

Next to Peet's, Starbuck's is coffee-flavored water!:eek:

Good info - I only knew about the Berkeley location. Also didn't know that Peet's owns Caribou Coffee until the other day. Don't even get me started on Starbucks....overpriced swill - always seems to taste burnt. And as far as their sister brand Seattle's Best.....as a stand up comedian once said...."if this is Seattle's Best, I'd HATE to try Seattle's WORST!" That stuff is barely palatable! I really think that the majority of Starbucks consumers buy it as a status symbol. There are certainly better tasting coffees than THAT!

Our Colorado packed Boyer's is pretty good, too. They have a dark roast called Rocky Mountain Thunder - really great coffee - full bodied and a slight hint of nuttiness to it. So much better than the national brands - especially Maxwell House and Folgers. Folgers ranks right down there with the worst of the worst in my book.

Thankfully, coffee is also very subjective, so I'm simply stating my own opinions!

I hesitated to post this question from the beginning because I feared exactly the kind of snarky, judgmental responses that I received by some.

My question was posed carefully to avoid putting people into attack mode. I simply asked if anyone had openly brought a Keurig aboard ship. Not smuggled on, but brought on. RCI's rules have proven flexible within some categories and I wondered if Keurigs fell into an equally fuzzy area.

Mostly I have read posts advising me to buck up and learn to enjoy the ship's coffee (sorry, I've been on plenty of RC cruises and the coffee isn't to my liking), buy the ship's premium coffee (bought or free, I don't care for the ship's coffee), a remark about how inconvenient it might be to drag along a small Keurig (Shall we all comment on how ridiculous we find the creature comforts others enjoy?), and implications that I am so foolhardy and inconsiderate a cruiser that I would leave any appliance plugged in when not actually in the room using it.

One other point - if coffeemakers are provided in suites, the fire hazard issue seems less of a concern than CCers think it is. I'm not suggesting that fires aren't a concern, but rather that at least some types of coffeemakers don't appear to be threaten shipboard fires.

Based on the constructive advice given, I've come up with a pretty good strategy for our upcoming cruise. Thanks again to those who were helpful. I truly appreciate that you took the time to post.

I love my morning coffee and the coffee on board ship isn't to my liking.

Has anyone successfully brought a Keurig onto an RCL ship? I'm not talking about smuggling. I'm asking about being open about it.

The rules state no coffee makers may be brought on, but they also state no water or soda, and that guideline is not generally enforced. Since Keurigs don't have the same sort of burner heating element as other coffeemakers, I thought they might be an exception to the rule.

Tried a French Press last cruise, but it's just too much of a mess to clean up without an actual kitchen sink handy.

BTW, I know that some on these boards love the coffee in various places on the ship. We don't.

Archived