Bed Linens

cocod08

I have a question about the bed linens. Has anyone ever had any issues with them? I know someone that went on a cruise on the Oasis in Feb. and his wife broke out in hives after sleeping in the bed the 1st night :eek: they thought it may have been from the detergents used on the sheets??? Has any one had any problems with the bed linens before?

My DH has a skin condition and I have eczema. We use a natural product to wash. That being said, we have never had any outbreaks from being on a cruise ship for a few nights. I would think if someone were that sensitive they might want to take sleep items that cover the arms, legs and torso, plus socks all washed in your own laundry choice.

I've never had a problem on any ship, any cruise line.

That's why I was so surprised when I developed a terrible itchy rash across the tops of my feet in Vegas.

I still have red stripes. It had to have been the sheets, that's the only thing the top if my feet touched.

My GD who has eczema has never had a problem on any cruise ship, either.

Allure sheets were lovely and soft.

However one day we passed a cabin with the door open and the stateroom attendant was changing the sheets. I must say the mattress looked like a couple of large goats had shat and peed all over them for the week........it was disgusting to look at.

I have a question about the bed linens. Has anyone ever had any issues with them? I know someone that went on a cruise on the Oasis in Feb. and his wife broke out in hives after sleeping in the bed the 1st night :eek: they thought it may have been from the detergents used on the sheets??? Has any one had any problems with the bed linens before?
Have sailed every class of ship on RCL and have never had a problem:)......K.O.

DGD has very sensitive skin and sees a dermatologist regularly for medications and treatment. She is (of her own right, not due to pairing with parents) a Diamond C&A and Platinum with CCL, and Gold with NCL. In all that time, on all those ships and nights sleeping with various ship laundry services, NEVER has she developed any issues from the linens. Just a note:her mother always brings along bedding in a carry on for her to use just in case, on every vacation/holiday. Only once, while staying in Orlando did she ever have any issues and need her bedding from home.

People are allergic to different things. I am highly allergic to Downey fabric softener. No other brand other than Downey. Don't no why. We found this out about 50 years ago when Downey came out. Haven't used it since. I only have had 1 breakout since, while staying at a Beach Front Condo in Florida I broke out in a rash after the first night. We looked in the cabinet by the washer & dryer and sure enough a bottle of Downey. Went and bought a different bottle and rewashed everything and did not have any more problems. It is possible that you are sensitive to something that they use. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from a fabulous trip on Adventure. Never complained before but...

I was disgusted with condition of towels and bed linens, pillows etc. on most recent trip. Towels were grey and turned black when wet. Should be thrown away not given to valued guests. I suggested to Ambassador that although women's shelters are always asking for linens these would be more appropriately given to a vet to dry the dogs after bathing than a shelter.

We got towel animal, but linen was so grey, dark, black? that I did not take a picture. Steward tried to tell me it was the water on the ship, I believe they are just old and must be changed immediately.

Sheets were not changed all week. Pillow case was stained with blood. I took it off pillow and put it aside, surprised to find steward simply put it back on the pillow.

I suggest you look at your pillows before sleeping on them. Several in our group complained and were given new ones. Disgusting.

I appreciate that Adventure will be refurbished soon but issue of linens should be addressed sooner.

Just got back from a fabulous trip on Adventure. Never complained before but...

I was disgusted with condition of towels and bed linens, pillows etc. on most recent trip. Towels were grey and turned black when wet. Should be thrown away not given to valued guests. I suggested to Ambassador that although women's shelters are always asking for linens these would be more appropriately given to a vet to dry the dogs after bathing than a shelter.

We got towel animal, but linen was so grey, dark, black? that I did not take a picture. Steward tried to tell me it was the water on the ship, I believe they are just old and must be changed immediately.

Sheets were not changed all week. Pillow case was stained with blood. I took it off pillow and put it aside, surprised to find steward simply put it back on the pillow.

I suggest you look at your pillows before sleeping on them. Several in our group complained and were given new ones. Disgusting.

I appreciate that Adventure will be refurbished soon but issue of linens should be addressed sooner.

Turned black huh and you never spoke up or said anything??.....:rolleyes::rolleyes: Pillow stained with blood and you never said anything???:rolleyes:

Allure sheets were lovely and soft.

However one day we passed a cabin with the door open and the stateroom attendant was changing the sheets. I must say the mattress looked like a couple of large goats had shat and peed all over them for the week........it was disgusting to look at.

Never had a problem with sheets and bedding.

Are you saying that the state of the sheets and mattress was the ships fault. Maybe those in the cabin had a " problem"

Selswick

Don't let them grind you down.