Grandeur Engine Trouble

I am amazed at this woman. We were also on the May 27th voyage aboard Grandeur and all I can say is : WOW!!!!!!!!!!

We loved everything, yes, everything about this beautiful ship. We "allowed" ourselves to bask in every moment we had while onboard, unlike this very unhappy woman.

We had a great waiter(Alex) and assistant waiter(Juan). They made our trip completely worth it and although Alex did not mention the Chocolate Buffet, we were smart enough to take "time" to read it every evening to see what we were in for. This woman must have been way too busy scheming up how she was going to get so mad about her terrible, terrible cruise....

GO TELL SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES..........

I am amazed at this woman. We were also on the May 27th voyage aboard Grandeur and all I can say is : WOW!!!!!!!!!!

We loved everything, yes, everything about this beautiful ship. We "allowed" ourselves to bask in every moment we had while onboard, unlike this very unhappy woman.

We had a great waiter(Alex) and assistant waiter(Juan). They made our trip completely worth it and although Alex did not mention the Chocolate Buffet, we were smart enough to take "time" to read it every evening to see what we were in for. This woman must have been way too busy scheming up how she was going to get so mad about her terrible, terrible cruise....

GO TELL SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES..........

She is all nasty on another board, too. She obviously is a bitter hostile woman!

I as you, had a great time on our May 27th sailing. There are some people who can't be pleased. She has gone around insulting people insinuating they have never been on a cruise because they don't realize that Grandeur is "small"...when she only has 4 or 5 other cruises to compare it to, herself.

Not to mention she stiffed her waiter without even trying to get some satisfaction from the head waiter by having a backbone and saying something about it...instead she saves her complaints for this board...

Maybe she's never been on a "small" ship.

I have a good one for her to try...it has endless space upon the ocean...

RCI's Plank of the Seas!

:D

Thank you, I also hope my next cruise is more enjoyable, but it will not be on a smaller, older ship. Even one of the bar persons said Grandeur was one of RCC"s smallest ships. Get with the program.

Fay, I ran into the doctor from the local psycho ward at 7-11 tonight. He said you were due back at the hospital last night. Your late.

Also on Grandeur on 07/17. Just got back into town after a week away,and was dismayed to read about new "troubles" for Grandeur. :eek: Hopefully they will have it all fixed before the 17th. Am so looking forward to our time in Bermuda. :)

Just want to thank all of you who have posted your positive experiences about Grandeur. You've sure put my mind at ease! Grandeur will be our first RCI cruise and we aren't really sure what to expect. Some of the earlier posts were pretty scary until I saw how this all fleshed out! Thanks for taking the time to present the "other" side.

Cheryl

It's all in your approach. We took my FIL on our cruise and he complianed about EVERYTHING. :mad: Mostly he didn't like the fact that they gave him 4 forks when he only needed 1. He also felt the need to hassle the poor Ass. Wait. (who was in training) about it every course. But then again, he was the loud, abnoxious guy in the corner who showed up to Dinner every night in cut off jean shorts, T-Shirt, Ball Cap and complianed about how they "Ruined all the food with that fancy stuff". Not to mention making negative racial slurrs about the staff. I had to track down our waiter twice and slip him a $20.00 and an appology. :mad:

He had a terrible time, and we had a wonderful time when we weren't around him. Two people, same cruise, same staff..... Put a smile on your face, you'll be great. :)

(BTW - I'll never take him on vacation again!! :mad: )

It's all in your approach. We took my FIL on our cruise and he complianed about EVERYTHING. :mad: Mostly he didn't like the fact that they gave him 4 forks when he only needed 1. He also felt the need to hassle the poor Ass. Wait. (who was in training) about it every course. But then again, he was the loud, abnoxious guy in the corner who showed up to Dinner every night in cut off jean shorts, T-Shirt, Ball Cap and complianed about how they "Ruined all the food with that fancy stuff". Not to mention making negative racial slurrs about the staff. I had to track down our waiter twice and slip him a $20.00 and an appology. :mad:

He had a terrible time, and we had a wonderful time when we weren't around him. Two people, same cruise, same staff..... Put a smile on your face, you'll be great. :)

(BTW - I'll never take him on vacation again!! :mad: )

There is a long old thread about someone who actually complained that they only gave him just one fork. There are some people who are just not happy period and take it out on others. Doesn't that just make your stomach churn when its going on...

I was also aboard the Grandeur as it limped back to Baltimore. Was not my favorite cruise, but was ok. My son had a great time. Ton and Tons of teenagers and 200+ little ones. Oh boy. My son was one of the teenagers. Found the food to be mediocre and service was also not great. I like the large ships and was a little disappointed with this one. Will not stop me cruising though. Also found the sewage odor to be a little disconcerting.:confused: :eek:

Boy, you guys are being a little tough on Fay, she only expressed her opinion. why attack her. Has no one else ever had a bad time.

Hi,

Just wondering, did you not read all the posts by fay? Lots of ranting and raving going on there.

Also, I have heard others talk about this smell.. where is it on the ship? Are there certain sections where it is more prevalent? Is it continuous or just occasional?

Thanks,

Theron

Sure , I have had a bad time. In fact, on my lasy cruise, there was a problem with me shore excursion in Cozumel. Boy, was I ticked off. I waited unitl I got back on the ship and had cooled off a bit. The I went to the shore excursion desk and lodged my complaint. The next day one of the people at the shore excursion desk called to apologize and refunded me the fees I lost on the excursion. I didn't ask for anything more than that. I felt that is what they owed me and they took care of it.

I have found cruising that if there are problems, it just takes a word to the appropriate person, and things will be rectified.

We were also on that cruise. The only place we smelled the odor was in our bathroom (8544), usually after running water in the sink. You could hear it drain through the bathtub, but it never stuck around long.

As for the Grandeur, it is in need of a dry dock for both major and minor repairs. Our steward was not the best we have had, but he wasn't bad either. Our Head Waiter (Gustav from India) was the best HW we have ever had or seen. But most of the staff (Explorations, photographers, etc) seemed to only be available at a time that was convenient to them, not the passengers. (IE opened up only when the show was versus being available before the show.)

All in all it was a good cruise, but RCI can and should improve.

Sewer smells can be found around on all ships. I don't think we have ever cruised with out getting a whiff here and there. :D

Bonnie - Love your new photo...very pretty!

I noticed trailertrashdog has only posted three times (the third post is a thread started by her/him about the Grandeur.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=200735

Sounds suspiciously like Fay. :rolleyes:

I was on the Century in 2002, which is a similarly aged ship. For a good while after we left one of the ports, we were dragging a prop. Nobody ever made an announcement about it, I doubt anyone other than the ship geeks even noticed, and after a few hours they got it fixed. We were a couple hours late arriving at the next port, however. <snip>

Theron

Ship geek eh? Heh, never heard that one before. I guess I'm guilty of that classification for sure. :) (Weather would be right behind that as well but hey when the weather becomes the topic of the cruise I'm always a hit at dinnertime.)

Hate to say it but yes if an admin finds that trailertrashdog and fay are the same (IP) they should be banned! There is no excuse for this behavior!

Cheers,

-Norman

Ship geek eh? Heh, never heard that one before. I guess I'm guilty of that classification for sure. :) (Weather would be right behind that as well but hey when the weather becomes the topic of the cruise I'm always a hit at dinnertime.)

Hate to say it but yes if an admin finds that trailertrashdog and fay are the same (IP) they should be banned! There is no excuse for this behavior!

Hello fellow ship and weather geek! :)

Some message boards display the IP of the poster, or at least make it available if you want to see it. Boy wouldn't that start a mess in some of these threads though!? :eek:

Theron

Some message boards display the IP of the poster, or at least make it available if you want to see it. Boy wouldn't that start a mess in some of these threads though!? :eek:

Theron

Yeah it may start a mess, but wow, it would be fun to watch :eek: ;)

###

Hi Theron!

Well the admins definitely can tell. There's ways for sure. I have been admins for other boards (PHP, Fusetalk, UBB) and I know the ropes.

Hate to have to resort to those kinds of levels and this place (CC) is probably one of the largest and proportionately civilized places I've seen and that's saying a lot trust me! :)

As far as the technical side goes, MSEE here, steam certs > 100,000 ton, energy management (safety/comfort/efficiency), crisis management, environmental issues and artificial environment management, atmospheric sciences, information systems, etc. I try to keep things in plain English most of the time and if someone finds things hard to follow just yell!

Cheers,

-Norman

As far as the technical side goes, MSEE here, steam certs > 100,000 ton, energy management (safety/comfort/efficiency), crisis management, environmental issues and artificial environment management, atmospheric sciences, information systems, etc. I try to keep things in plain English most of the time and if someone finds things hard to follow just yell!

:-P You're a bigger geek than I am!! :) I'm just a boring software and part time PBX guy...

:D

Theron

Archived