ROMA Pass

fuzzywuzzy

Hello everyone: I am wondering do I purchase the Roma Pass online or do we wait until we are in Rome to purchase at the different Tourist Information booths around Rome?

Also, if we purchase the Roma Pass does it count to get into the Borghese museum? I think it does allow us to get into this museum free if it's one of the first two visited. My next question is if this is true, and I want to pre-book the Borghese Museum online to receive a time of entry, do I have to pay online if we want to use our Roma Pass? How does this work?

thank you.

You buy the roma pass in rome. It consists of a small package including maps and detailed info regarding participating museums and sites.

The Vatican and the Borghese museum are among those sites not included with the roma pass.

You must puchase tickets for the Borghese gallery in advance, either on-line or by phone.If you are able to go to the gallery on Sept 28 you will notice that entry is free that day and your only cost will be a small handling fee, and I might see there!

Hope this helps

Sorry, the borghese is included with the roma pass but the vatican isnt. If you buy the passes online you still have to pick them up in rome, just easier to buy them there

Yes, but if I have to book the Borghese museum in advance, how do I get the discounted fare through the Roma Pass?

No, you won't see me there on Sept. 28 as we don't get into Rome until Oct. 27th. I think it would be a zoo on the 28th though if the entrance is free that day. Or I guess they only allow so many in at a time by booking an entry time?

We had an advance entry time for the Vatican but it still was crazy busy inside with a huge lineup. At least we bypassed the line by having our entry time in advance. Is it the same way with the Borghese museum?

Yes, but if I have to book the Borghese museum in advance, how do I get the discounted fare through the Roma Pass?

I called the phone number listed on their website to make an advance reservation without payment. Then I just arrived with Roma Pass at the appropriate time.

We had an advance entry time for the Vatican but it still was crazy busy inside with a huge lineup. At least we bypassed the line by having our entry time in advance. Is it the same way with the Borghese museum?
No, the Borghese strictly limits the number of people who can be inside at one time, so you never feel crowded there.

I called the phone number listed on their website to make an advance reservation without payment. Then I just arrived with Roma Pass at the appropriate time.

Thank you. I finally got the answer I was looking for. Did you call from home? Or when you arrived in Rome?

Thank you. I finally got the answer I was looking for. Did you call from home? Or when you arrived in Rome?

We were not sure the exact date/time of our visit to the Gallery before we left home, so we just called (actually our hotel called for us) the day before we wanted to visit. Our hotel did say that we were lucky to get a booking one day in advance and that they usually recommend booking a little earlier to be sure of availability.

• 2 weeks later...

we want to use the Roma Pass for Borghese and also for the National Museum. I see that the museum has 2 different tickets - either just the museum or a combo which includes 4 other sites (Terme di Diocleziano, Cripta Balbi, Palazzo Massimo and Palazzo Altemps) and is valid for 3 days. Will I be able to get the combo ticket with the Roma Pass or, if not, would I be able to pay the additional fee to upgrade to the combo?

Marianne

I think I might have found the answer myself. I went back and looked at the Roma Pass website and it does say cumulative ticket under the museum description. Guess that means we can get the combo. But if anyone has any feedback I'd appreciate it

we want to use the Roma Pass for Borghese and also for the National Museum. I see that the museum has 2 different tickets - either just the museum or a combo which includes 4 other sites (Terme di Diocleziano, Cripta Balbi, Palazzo Massimo and Palazzo Altemps) and is valid for 3 days. Will I be able to get the combo ticket with the Roma Pass or, if not, would I be able to pay the additional fee to upgrade to the combo?

Marianne

I think I might have found the answer myself. I went back and looked at the Roma Pass website and it does say cumulative ticket under the museum description. Guess that means we can get the combo. But if anyone has any feedback I'd appreciate it

I used it for the National Museum and it was for all four sites. But I don't think there was any option to get a ticket for just one of the four sites when I did it a couple of years ago.

.....actually, I just went and checked my used ticket for Palazzo Altemps (from May of this year) and it is also good for all four sites (and I didn't ask for it specially). So I think any ticket for one is good for all four.

Marianne

Sorry....duplicate posting.

I used it for the National Museum and it was for all four sites. But I don't think there was any option to get a ticket for just one of the four sites when I did it a couple of years ago.

.....actually, I just went and checked my used ticket for Palazzo Altemps (from May of this year) and it is also good for all four sites (and I didn't ask for it specially). So I think any ticket for one is good for all four.

Thanks for confirming.

Marianne

Archived