Price change when you have a courtesy hold??

comfortcove

If the price goes up when you have a courtesy hold reservation in place will HAL honor hold pricing?? The fine print says pricing not guaranteed until deposit, but I do not know if HAL really sticks to that.

I held a VH on Dec 6 Noordam last Friday, it was on hold until 8/28, but after checking out airfare details, work schedules and all that jazz, booked and deposited last night. Today this category is double, and all balconies went up, so I am feeling good. Already checked out reservation on HAL website, and all is good. Just asking so I have bragging rights with DH tonight, heehee!

If the price goes up when you have a courtesy hold reservation in place will HAL honor hold pricing?? The fine print says pricing not guaranteed until deposit, but I do not know if HAL really sticks to that.

I held a VH on Dec 6 Noordam last Friday, it was on hold until 8/28, but after checking out airfare details, work schedules and all that jazz, booked and deposited last night. Today this category is double, and all balconies went up, so I am feeling good. Already checked out reservation on HAL website, and all is good. Just asking so I have bragging rights with DH tonight, heehee!

Since the price doubled, I bet your category basically is "sold out" or is put on hold by HAL while they make some adjustments to cabin inventory. Therefore, I would think that your price should still be good.

DaveOKC

Thanks Dave! I guess I wasn't clear: I finalized the booking last night. I was just wondering if I had NOT, but still had the courtesy hold in place until 8/28, would HAL honor lower hold price, or would it increase to new pricing?

Hope you have a great TA sailing! Bonvoyage!

I do not know for certain, but I would expect them to honor it.

Dave

I expect they would honor the price at which you entered the 'hold'.

According to the "fine print" (in original post); if a deposit didn't accompany the "hold" I wouldn't expect them to honor the price. I think they just hold the cabin for you to book at the current price (whatever it is) when you put down a deposit. Keep in mind, if the price went down wouldn't you expect to pay the lower price? I think the reverse is true too.

According to the "fine print" (in original post); if a deposit didn't accompany the "hold" I wouldn't expect them to honor the price. I think they just hold the cabin for you to book at the current price (whatever it is) when you put down a deposit. Keep in mind, if the price went down wouldn't you expect to pay the lower price? I think the reverse is true too.

Yes, we saw the language but I'm not sure they would yank the price away from someone who chose to make the hold booking a deposited booking.

We'll have to hear from someone to whom that happened in order for us to know. And, we'll have to know how long ago. :D ;)

Not recently -- since we no longer book as many cruises as we used to.

But a few years ago we were undecided about a certain cruise, our TA put it on "hold" for a few days.

While deciding what to do, I watched the Internet -- not just HAL's site -- and watched the price go up.

We did book the cruise and got the price that was quoted on the day we had the "hold" put on.

Not recently -- since we no longer book as many cruises as we used to.

But a few years ago we were undecided about a certain cruise, our TA put it on "hold" for a few days.

While deciding what to do, I watched the Internet -- not just HAL's site -- and watched the price go up.

We did book the cruise and got the price that was quoted on the day we had the "hold" put on.

Thanks for sharing that.

I expected that is what HAL would do.

The language quoted doesn't demand it but good PR does.

Archived