Thought on Chief''s Table Package

Any thoughts on chiefs table package on a 7 day cruise, are other resturants fee included in $115.00 price or are they just discounted. Also is formal night a good nite or another night. Where is Captain Table dinner served generally in dining room or somewhere else

Any thoughts on captains table package on a 7 day cruise, are other resturants fee included in $115.00 price or are they just discounted. Also is formal night a good nite or another night. Where is Captain Table dinner served generally in dining room or somewhere else

Are you sure you don't mean the Chef's Table package?

Yes I am sorry that is the correct name of package

I am going to assume that you are going on Brilliance. From the Deck Plans from Deck 6 you will see the location of the Chef's Table http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=BR&shipProfile=1507&sailDate=1130831&hasNavigation=false

If you like wine with dinner, then you will enjoy the Chef's Table. A different wine is served with each course with an explanation from the Chef. There are only a limited number of guests, and it is a set date and time, so it is quite a unique experience.

If there are other restaurants included in the package you will have to work around when the Chef's Table is going to be held when making reservations for the other dining venues.

Within your reservation, you should be able to see what is offered with the Chef's Table package. We paid $130pp for our CT package on Rhapsody, which included the table, Chops, Giovanni's Table and Izumi, a $30 savings over booking them individually. So I imagine that you would not get three additional specialty restaurants, but would get one or two.

The Chef's Table was offered nightly on Rhapsody, which kind of surprised me (it was a 13-night sailing). It didn't sell well while we were in the Hawaiian Islands, but word got out and it ended up being very popular by the end of the cruise. We really enjoyed the meal. Not only were the wines superb (ours were a bit upgraded because the Captain joined us that night for a Captain's Chef Table;)), but the food offerings were delicious and unique. I highly recommend it, even if you don't drink wine.

Sorry if this has been answered before? But my search skills are not that great. :(. Wondering if anyone has made a solo reservation for the Chef's Table experience? If so--did you get the cook book and apron? Know that it is one per couple usually. Considering trying it on my next cruise.

Thank you. J.

Sorry if this has been answered before? But my search skills are not that great. :(. Wondering if anyone has made a solo reservation for the Chef's Table experience? If so--did you get the cook book and apron? Know that it is one per couple usually. Considering trying it on my next cruise.

Thank you. J.

I booked Chef Table only, and did receive the cook book and apron. We were on the same 13 day Hawaii cruise that Critterchick mentioned.

We had actually booked Chops for my sister's Birthday on our 1st sea night. When I told our MDR waiter we would not be there the following night because of the reservations, he pulled over the head waiter who offered me the Chef's Table experience for $50/person. I jumped at it!

They did their job! Now we can't cruise without including the Chef's Table in the experience:). We had an outstanding meal, great company, and much more wine than I knew I could consume. Every time I describe the meal, I reach a blank spot when I get to dessert because I was a bit too "happy" by the time that course was served :o:o!

We enjoyed the Chef's Table package on the Legend in March 2013.

See my cruise review for the pictures.

Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas March 2013 Borneo Cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813495

-----------

We were told that the menus were almost standardized fleet-wide. However, this menu was slightly customized. Course number 3, the Duck Roll, was Asian inspired.

Each of us had 6 glasses. 5 glasses for the wine pairings with each dish, right to left. The right most glass was for water. Evian was served.

2mgqkvc.jpg

Thank you. J.

Interesting question. I'd love to know also as I may be dining solo for this venue on my next cruise. I wonder if that really messes with their reservations having a single seat left over to fill.

Thank you. J.

I was considering doing this as a solo on my Oasis sailing today. I will ask onboard, but was never able to book the package in the pre-cruise planner as it would come up with text that reservations were not being accepted. When I tried to book just Chef's Table it was letting me go in with all nights available.

I did book late and this may be the reason and it may have been closed to everyone.

That said, a solo traveler on our roll-call, said he had booked the Chef's table package through his travel agent and he joined just last week for today's sailing. I have not discussed this with him yet.

Do the chefs table!!! And if you're on the oasis, hopefully maxi is your sommelier- he is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse punctuation, spelling, nonsensical thoughts and brevity.

We did the Chef's Table package on the Oasis last year and it was wonderful to be able to experience the top three restaurants on board at such a great price.

As far as doing Chef's Table as a solo cruiser, do it!!

Our Chef's Table dinner included several couples and one solo cruiser, all of whom had never met before but ended up enjoying each other immensely. The solo cruiser even joined us for drinks several nights afterwards. In fact, if none of my travel companions on our upcoming Allure cruise wants to do Chef's table, I will definitely do it solo myself. :)

Thank you. J.

I just returned today from a cruise on Brilliance of the Seas and booked the Chef's Table as a solo. They didn't seem worried about the possibility of an odd number, but I actually think we ended up as an even number as one group included a couple and the wife's mother. I did choose a specific evening because I knew a couple from my roll call would be there, but enjoyed meeting the others there very much as well. I wouldn't hesitate booking it again as a solo. I did book the dining package and ended up eating alone at Giovanni's Table, with a couple I met at Chops, and with one of my tablemates at Izumis. Based on my experience, I believe I would have been comfortable alone at all three of those restaurants. I won't hesitate to book any of them as a solo in the future.

We did the Chef's Table package on the Oasis last year and it was wonderful to be able to experience the top three restaurants on board at such a great price.

As far as doing Chef's Table as a solo cruiser, do it!!

Our Chef's Table dinner included several couples and one solo cruiser, all of whom had never met before but ended up enjoying each other immensely. The solo cruiser even joined us for drinks several nights afterwards. In fact, if none of my travel companions on our upcoming Allure cruise wants to do Chef's table, I will definitely do it solo myself. :)

Which restaurants are included in the CT package on Oasis please?

Do you have to book them all before hand or can you book on board

Do they offer the CT package on 5 night cruises too?

Thanks

Which restaurants are included in the CT package on Oasis please?

Do you have to book them all before hand or can you book on board

Do they offer the CT package on 5 night cruises too?

Thanks

The package was $120 and included Chops and 150 Central Park.

For our particular cruise, the Chef's Table package was not available to book online beforehand so we had to wait to reserve all three.

Hopefully someone else on these boards can answer that as well as availability on 5 night cruises.

The package was $120 and included Chops and 150 Central Park.

For our particular cruise, the Chef's Table package was not available to book online beforehand so we had to wait to reserve all three.

Hopefully someone else on these boards can answer that as well as availability on 5 night cruises.

Thank you - can you advise which was the 3rd restaurant please?

Does anyone know if they offer CTP on 5night sailings?

Thank you - can you advise which was the 3rd restaurant please?

Does anyone know if they offer CTP on 5night sailings?

I believe it's the chefs table... And if I am not mistaken, it is now $130

From RCCL website:

NEW Chef's Dining Package, at $130 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet Chef's Table and wine pairing, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse punctuation, spelling, nonsensical thoughts and brevity.

I just booked the pkg yesterday for the Oct 20th Allure sailing. Was $120 per person. You had to book either the first or 2nd night of the cruise for the Chefs table. The other 2 restaurants Central Park and Chops have to be booked once you board the ship.

We just got off the Aug. 25 Allure cruise. We bought the Chef's Table package on embarkation day--they were all over the ship pushing it (and the other dining and drink packages) pretty hard. The price was $120 per person for Chef's Table (includes wine pairings), 150 Central Park (does not include wine pairings) and Chops Grille. It's a terrific value--priced separately, the three meals would cost $85 + $40 + $30 = $155.

Archived