Dining Times and Show Times

My friends have decided to join me on my upcoming cruise. I have 8:30 dining reserved, and they have My Time.

Here are my questions:

Dining times on this sailing are 6:00 and 8:30. What times would the evening shows be performed?

With My Time dining, are they able to go to any of the evening shows?

If my friends and I want to dine together in the MDR some nights, can I go to "My Time" with them? Can they join me at 8:30 sometimes?

Thanks.

or most of the shows there are 2 performances. One for the early dinner sitting that is after dinner and one for the late dinner sitting which is before dinner. There was one night that it was a shorter show (welcome aboard I think) that was for both dinner sittings that they did in between the sittings.

Have your friends go to MTD close to the time that you are dining and you will be able to catch all he shows.

My friends have decided to join me on my upcoming cruise. I have 8:30 dining reserved, and they have My Time.

Here are my questions:

Dining times on this sailing are 6:00 and 8:30. What times would the evening shows be performed?

If my friends and I want to dine together in the MDR some nights, can I go to "My Time" with them? Can they join me at 8:30 sometimes?

Thanks.

My Time and Traditional dining usually do not mix. If you want the flexibility of joining your friends, change to My Time now, or do it on board.

Can anyone tell me what time the shows are actually performed? If people have My Time dining and they want to go to shows, don't they wind up having to eat at very close to the traditional dining times anyway?

Are Traditional and My Time in different areas of the MDR? The last time I cruised there wasn't My Time dining, and I can't really grasp how it works. Do you make a standing reservation for the entire cruise? Different reservation times on different nights? Just show up and wait for a table each night?

Can anyone tell me what time the shows are actually performed? If people have My Time dining and they want to go to shows, don't they wind up having to eat at very close to the traditional dining times anyway?

Are Traditional and My Time in different areas of the MDR? Yes, different areas. The last time I cruised there wasn't My Time dining, and I can't really grasp how it works. Do you make a standing reservation for the entire cruise? Yes, if you like. Different reservation times on different nights? Yes, also if you like. Just show up and wait for a table each night? Yes, your choice too.

See some answers in RED above.

Here are my questions:

Thanks.

Which ship and when are you sailing?

Yes....if you have MTD, and want to see the shows, you will have to eat near one of the traditional seating times....but you can choose which time...early or late...you want to do!

The shows are scheduled around the traditional seating times.

There are usually 2 show times (most nights)...The "early" show is at 9:00 and the 'late' show is usually around 10:45

We do MTD around 7ish so we can make the 9:00 show. Works out perfectly.

The first night, and sometimes the last night usually only have one show, typically at 7:45pm.

The first night, and sometimes the last night usually only have one show, typically at 7:45pm.

Thanks, forgot to add that in...Not a good time at all..... We eat 7ish and we can't usually make it without rushing through dinner, running to the theatre...Guess that's why on RCI we don't do first and last. NCL has a better timing...Around 9 pm...works better I think!

On the subject of dining.. how smartly dressed do you have to be?

My husband is concerned about shirt and tie every evening in MDR! Is it acceptable to wear a smart/casual shirt without a tie?

Yes, no problem. You generally will only see ties on formal night.

There are usually 2 show times (most nights)...The "early" show is at 9:00 and the 'late' show is usually around 10:45

We do MTD around 7ish so we can make the 9:00 show. Works out perfectly.

Ah, thank you! I always thought the show for "late seating" was before dinner. I'm so glad I asked. I've always had "early seating" in MDR before.

While on the topic of show start times; is there any family entertainment earlier than 9pm? My daughter is 3 and while she will probably go to AO for a bit in the evening some times, I'd love to be able to catch a show or do something together before bed. Is there anything on before 9pm that we could do? We plan to eat MTD at about 6pm. Thanks

While on the topic of show start times; is there any family entertainment earlier than 9pm? My daughter is 3 and while she will probably go to AO for a bit in the evening some times, I'd love to be able to catch a show or do something together before bed. Is there anything on before 9pm that we could do? We plan to eat MTD at about 6pm. Thanks

Look at the Cruise Compass daily. Sometimes the show for late dining is before their dinner, so about 7pm. You could make that if you had dinner earlier that night.

Archived