Anyone use MyFitnessPal?

LMaxwell

I am down 35+ lbs since 4/20/13. Ultimate goal is to be down 70lbs. Cruising 12/15/13 with family and 3/7/14 for honeymoon. Have had great success with MyFitnessPal (website and free phone app). Anyone else here use it? I have fallen a bit off the wagon this month; lots of summer socializing and going to too many restaurants. Need to stay focused and on track.

Also spend a lot of time over on reddit in /r/loseit and /r/progresspics for motivation. Anyone else on there?

HI all!

LMaxwell ~ wow you're doing great! I have used the MFP app & really like it as counting calories is the way I like to attempt weight loss. I too have fallen off the wagon this summer but will try harder in Sept.;)

There's a thread here where we weigh in each Thursday if you're interested in coming over there.

~ Jo ~ :)

• 2 weeks later...

I use it and love it. I have a 2-3 pounds of fat left to lose, but I've been gaining muscle and at this point I don't really have a weight goal but rather a body fat percentage goal--unfortunately MFP doesn't allow you to track that metric. My goal is 20-22% body fat--at this point it's more about building muscle than losing fat for me to attain that level of fitness.

What I really like about it is that I can enter my exercise and figure out how many extra calories I can eat. It also helps with portion control and can be pretty enlightening as far as just how many calories are in certain foods.

I use it and love it. I have a 2-3 pounds of fat left to lose, but I've been gaining muscle and at this point I don't really have a weight goal but rather a body fat percentage goal--unfortunately MFP doesn't allow you to track that metric. My goal is 20-22% body fat--at this point it's more about building muscle than losing fat for me to attain that level of fitness.

What I really like about it is that I can enter my exercise and figure out how many extra calories I can eat. It also helps with portion control and can be pretty enlightening as far as just how many calories are in certain foods.

Under progress you can add your own things to measure. It wont calculate body fat percentage but you could make a field where you enter it.

- Lona

• 3 weeks later...

I joined MFP in October 2011. I hit my goal weight this past summer, in time to have lots of fun on my cruise in November. I am anxious about all the food that will be available but, I plan on using the stairs a lot plus the gym and jogging track. Hopefully, that will counteract any overeating I might do. BTW, I am twinteensmom on MFP, if anyone wants to friend me.

Edited by momoftwinteens

I joined MFP in October 2011. I hit my goal weight this past summer, in time to have lots of fun on my cruise in November. I am anxious about all the food that will be available but, I plan on using the stairs a lot plus the gym and jogging track. Hopefully, that will counteract any overeating I might do. BTW, I am twinteensmom on MFP, if anyone wants to friend me.

We are already friends on there. :D I'm Christianteach. Congrats on reaching your goal weight!!! :D:D I still have 7 lbs. to go.

• 1 month later...

I was specifically looking for a MFP post! I only have a few local friends on there and they've all abandoned it lately haha!

I have lost 28 lbs since July 21. I started with the advocare 24 day challenge then switched to MFP. I lost 14 on the challenge and the rest by calorie counting. This is the most success I've ever had with weight loss just because I like being able to eat bread and desserts and can't cut them out totally or I just binge and give up. So counting calories helps me include them once or twice a week with no guilt.

I am going to find everyone on here who listed their username. Mine is coreyswife7701

We plan to take our first cruise in March but not booking till probably February. Hope to get a last minute deal!

Carrie

I forgot to say: I hope to continue to gradually lose between now and March. I have hit my goal that I set this summer but didn't realize I would actually hit it so quickly. So 10-15 lbs more would be ideal. But if I can come out without actually gaining between now and January over the holidays I will be happy haha. Then I'll have three months to lose a few before the cruise!

Carrie

Well done everyone! Some great progress reported here!

I have been on and off MFP as needed for a couple of years. Got back to it five weeks ago to lose 13lb by our Nov 24 sailing. I have 3lb to go in 11 days - will I make it? You bet I will! :)

MFP is awesome :D

Cheers,

I went thorough and I think I found everyone and added to my friends on MFP! Gotta stay strong during the holidays! (Cheat meals instead of cheat weeks haha!)

I try and treat the Holidays like when I cruise. Taste a little bit if everything, not a ton of everything, and save the splurges (cheat meals) for the truly special meals. I have gone through many of buffets and meals only having a fork full of something.