FTTF luggage question

dixieva

I just printed my luggage tags and the FTTF logo is very small on the tags. Do you point it out to the porters on the dock when you hand over your checked luggage or do they seperate it once the luggage is loaded on the ship? Just wondering if the porters are supposed to put it in a different bin.

Thanks

I just printed my luggage tags and the FTTF logo is very small on the tags. Do you point it out to the porters on the dock when you hand over your checked luggage or do they seperate it once the luggage is loaded on the ship? Just wondering if the porters are supposed to put it in a different bin.

Thanks

Priority bags a have separate location before they are loaded on the ship. I'd definitely point it out to the porter...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you look at your tags again, not only does it have the little circle but it also has a huge F2F along the side. When we had it, the porter spotted it immediately and even made a comment that it would be handled differently. They placed our luggage in a separate bin. That way when it's full, they take it right to the ship and the stewards can then deliver it to the cabins right away. If the porter doesn't catch it, let them know.

I just checked and you are right! There is a F 2 F on the side of the tag. I guess they are all orange too? I had thought the color indicated your location on your deck-like mid ship or aft. But maybe the orange is FTTF.

I'll still point it out to the porters.

Thanks!

DH forgot to say anything to the porter. Saw our bag at the bottom of a full cart sitting by the elevators around 11:30. Cart along with 2 more still hadn't been touched as of 2:00. We thought about just grabbing ours but it was on the very bottom. Although we had it by 3:00, it was delivered at the same time as everyone else on our deck.

The FTTF logo is on your luggage tags, in March the porter said "Faster to the Fun" with a fun and happy tone when he took our bags, so he noticed before we could say anything, luggage was delivered to room about 20 minutes after were were in the room.

I never say anything because mine have always said priority and now that the FTTF symbol is on there they have been handled differently.

But I really don't care when my bags get to the cabin. My embarkation ritual is to sit at the lobby bar and enjoy watching first timers board the ship and enjoy their excitement.

The only difference FTTF has made for us is we do go directly to our cabin and drop off our carry on's (which we have cloths for the MDR in), then return to the Lobby for a Bloody Mary and to start our cruise.

I do think that even though it's not required the FTTF logo is more recognizable if the tag is printed in color.

I never say anything because mine have always said priority and now that the FTTF symbol is on there they have been handled differently.

But I really don't care when my bags get to the cabin. My embarkation ritual is to sit at the lobby bar and enjoy watching first timers board the ship and enjoy their excitement.

The only difference FTTF has made for us is we do go directly to our cabin and drop off our carry on's (which we have cloths for the MDR in), then return to the Lobby for a Bloody Mary and to start our cruise.

I do think that even though it's not required the FTTF logo is more recognizable if the tag is printed in color.

By your signature, it looks like you are Platinum...

Why would you do FTTF? (I'm just about to be Platinum, so I'm trying to figure out what that would give you that Platinum doesn't?)

My DD just cruised to Canada a week ago. She bought FTTF and they put a large orange sticker on her luggage tag. We are platinum and also have a suite this time, so our tags already have the logo on them and the Priority notice.

By your signature, it looks like you are Platinum...

Why would you do FTTF? (I'm just about to be Platinum, so I'm trying to figure out what that would give you that Platinum doesn't?)

I'm not the OP, but I am platinum - my luggage tags say priority and also have the FTTF symbol, I do not buy the FTTF. Now, since FTTF, luggage is delivered earlier for priority boarding, it wasn't before they started this program.

I'm not the OP, but I am platinum - my luggage tags say priority and also have the FTTF symbol, I do not buy the FTTF. Now, since FTTF, luggage is delivered earlier for priority boarding, it wasn't before they started this program.

Ahh, I just re-read, and i think I realize that OKGIRL meant that now that FTTF exists, now the Platinum people can go right to their cabins...

Now I get it! ;)

Thank you!

I haven't gotten my luggage any sooner. I do like the sign on the door to the cabins welcoming FTTF and Platinum/Diamond to go to cabin early. Don't have to feel like a jewel thief on the prowl as I make my way to my cabin.

Thanks

Look down the side of the color block - it will also say "F2F" if you purchased Faster To The Fun, or "PRIORITY" if you're Platinum or Diamond. That's what the porters actually look for.

Don't know about the other ports, but in Jacksonville, they attach a second red and yellow tag as they take the bags off your hands, to signal special handling.

Last time in JAX, they took our bags out of the car for us. By time we got parked, checked in, and on board, our bags were at the doors of our cabins.

I noticed that the FTTF tags are orange. I've always printed in black and white, but now I'm not so sure.

The orange block is part of the standard color-coding, to help the ship's porters sort out where the bags go, nothing to do with FTTF... The tags for my upcoming cruise are green with the FTTF logo, for example.

When we left the JAX port in July, the porter took our bags and before we even pointed it out, he said "You have FTTF, so we will mark those additionally". They placed orange tape around the luggage handles. We had all of our bags (except one) before we went to the Lido for lunch. The missing bag was there after lunch :)

I don't know if any of this has changed since we last cruised. We cruised out of FLL on the first FTTF cruise on the Freedom. They didn't add anything to our luggage or the tags. They just saw the FTTF circle and the F2F and placed it in a separate bin.

As for the tag colors, they indicate which deck and what part of that deck your cabin is on. We were on the rear of the Panorama Deck and ours were burgundy.

Archived