Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

[quote name='Aplmac'][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][COLOR=Black][B][I]Mature Gold[/I] status[/B] for those of us
lost in space somewhere between 25 and 74 days on board?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=White].[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Lol anything like Tarnished Gold?

[quote name='rockbock'][LEFT][CENTER][FONT=arial, [/CENTER]

helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/LEFT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][CENTER][I]We have some exciting news we'll be sharing in September and wanted to be sure you had the opportunity to enroll for a special sneak preview before it goes viral! [/I][/CENTER]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][CENTER][I]On Monday, September 9th, Carnival's Worldwide Sales team will be making a big announcement.[/I][/CENTER]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3]Go ahead and speculate on what it might be...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

Bob Dickinson recently returned as a sales and marketing consultant and if he is involved with the "Worldwide Sales team" - it might actually be a good one.

Outside of the Bob factor, I have three guesses - one they are going to allow TAs to offer better incentives and lower prices than they are allowed to now - like back in the day. Or two, they are repositioning at least one ship to Asia for at least part of the year. Third: wasn't Carnival working to open a new port in Dominican Republic - maybe it is about to open?

[font=arial,

helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

We have some exciting news we'll be sharing in September and wanted to be sure you had the opportunity to enroll for a special sneak preview before it goes viral!

On Monday, September 9th, Carnival's Worldwide Sales team will be making a big announcement.

Go ahead and speculate on what it might be...

Carnival's stock was up 2 cents Friday. I guess investors are excited about the big announcement. NOT! :-d

Maybe bacon on the buffet will be self serve again. Don't worry about the bacon police officers being out of a job. They will be retrained to play the steel drums by the main pool :)

My guess is, they are going to do away with the current pricing structure. One price fits all. No more price drops etc, just cheaper prices to start with.

Then they are gonna shake everything up and offer lots of exciting itineries where the other lines don't go and give us a ship in Europe all year round with sailings from Venice and to the Canaries in the winter.:D. Followed by another ship in Asia and Dubia.

In reality it will be something really boring, like more commission for TA's so they push more bookings through Carnival.

Why is it that every time Carnival has an announcement to make, they don't just make it. They already know what it is so why not come right out with it. They try to get everybody guessing and hoping it's something big and exciting, then when the announcement day finally gets here it's "What's so great about that?"

I love me a fried bologna sandwich with tomato and onion. :D

NO! It is Fried Bologna with scrambled eggs in the morning. OR fried bologna with baked ham covered with melted cheese in a white bun. In college I ate like that I look at pictures of my slender self then..and think...it must have been a miracle. Or my metabolism was so high...it smoked. And it was good. Good.

Sometimes even now I sneak and buy a small package of all beef bologna, low fat and with a slice of low fat cheese.............on 12 grain bread, with lite Mayo, and pretend it is the same. NOT.

Such gloomy predictions!

I would bet............different way of paying deposits. Maybe better policy on 3rd or 5th passenger if they are small children.

More small venues for food added to all ships..the 2.2 thing. FOOD STATIONS ON EVERY SHIP..instead of that long, long line. take the salad bars off of the main line. ditto the bread.

My guess is, they are going to do away with the current pricing structure. One price fits all. No more price drops etc, just cheaper prices to start with.

Then they are gonna shake everything up and offer lots of exciting itineries where the other lines don't go and give us a ship in Europe all year round with sailings from Venice and to the Canaries in the winter.:D. Followed by another ship in Asia and Dubia.

In reality it will be something really boring, like more commission for TA's so they push more bookings through Carnival.

You are most likely right about new places...new ports......Like how many times are people on this board, me included, posting about wanting to go to Martinique again? Barbados..and from Florida NOT P.R. Trinidad. Bonaire..(My favorite port) Skipping Mexico..Honduras..Belize..going futher down..COSTA RICA again............a new route to the Panama Canal..I would book that the day they came out with it....Betchya it is along those lines.

I would like to see them start to include cruise days from overseas-based vessels accrue against your status - currently, cruises booked through Carnival Australia on the Spirit (and next year, the Legend) don't add to your VIFP status points earned cruising on US-based ships.

quote]

Is this true? That really sucks.

Remember all the fluff about the new rewards program and how they built up the suspense and then it turned out to be unfriendly to a lot of folks. My guess,extra credit for booking a suite like NCL and some of the other lines do, OR just another sales gimmick.

Although DW and I are Platinum, would like to see double credits for booking suites on CCL. We might actually make it to Diamond. Really like RCI doing this for Junior Suites and up. We are Platinum on them as well, and will eventually make it to Diamond.

Remember all the fluff about the new rewards program and how they built up the suspense and then it turned out to be unfriendly to a lot of folks. My guess,extra credit for booking a suite like NCL and some of the other lines do, OR just another sales gimmick.

Double points for suits on ccl? Have you ever priced a ncl suite? It not in the ball park with a ccl suite .. Ncl suites lot more$$$ comes with alot more amenities also..

They're going to show the DJ's, and entertainers where the VOLUME button is!

They're going to base another "Spirit Class" ship in Tampa.

They're going to get rid of the crappy shows now being presented, and rehire the dancers, singers, and musicians that they used to have aboard. :cool:

"SKY"

[font=arial,

helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

We have some exciting news we'll be sharing in September and wanted to be sure you had the opportunity to enroll for a special sneak preview before it goes viral!

On Monday, September 9th, Carnival's Worldwide Sales team will be making a big announcement.

Go ahead and speculate on what it might be...

So did you enroll and get the sneak peak Carnival offered? What does it say?

Archived