Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

[quote name='Tithonus']I seem to remember someone getting fired when someone let some cat out of the bag. I forget the details, but it was also some announcement.[/quote]

Someone at Carnival leaded the details of the new and brilliant (not) loyalty program

[quote name='Oppalopa']Kathy Lee is coming back. She will now be singing" Happy Days are here again" as you enter the ship.:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks now I'm singing.... In the morning in the evening ain't we got fun....sunny weather all together...ain't we got fun. Why do I remember that?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

new ad campaign. Mickey Arison already said that Carnival Cruise Lines will have new ads up this fall.

That seems pretty pedestrian for all of the mystery that they're trying to generate.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4.

Bookings continue to be slow even though they have had several fare reductions and promotions

The month of august they also had a promotion for some TA’s , an extra kicker /bonus

This will be extended and enhanced … they need booking and revenue. So now the TA’s who have been trying their best to steer pax to other lines ( which pay better commissions) , suddenly proclaim Carnival Da best!

Carnival after the Fiasco on the Triumph and other well published issues with some ships announced and Upgrade to redundant systems for cruiser comfort/safety .The triumph had issues right out of the Dry doc… sooo

Upgrades 2.2

Add a couple more week to the drydocs for training and redundant systems.

All the benefits of 2.0 ( remove a couple bars, install a couple bars and sell some bar food on one, take out the grill burgers , install new better burger endorsed by,, Guy F of the diners, drive inns and dives)

Plus /perhaps More bars with more opportunity to sell other specialty foods

Enhanced loyalty program with benefits tailored to spending money with carnival

And of course

Mario Batalie’s Meatball stand

Bobby Flay- frankfurters shack

Why is it that every time Carnival has an announcement to make, they don't just make it. They already know what it is so why not come right out with it. They try to get everybody guessing and hoping it's something big and exciting, then when the announcement day finally gets here it's "What's so great about that?"

You hit the nail on the head. I get so tired of Carnival making new and brilliant announcements in the future and guessing what it is going to be only to be disappointed when several months later the announcement if finally made!

Personally, I would love a different menu but doubt that is it even though JH stated a couple of months ago that they would be releasing new menus soon. Just what is Carnival's definition of soon? Does anyone know?

You hit the nail on the head. I get so tired of Carnival making new and brilliant announcements in the future and guessing what it is going to be only to be disappointed when several months later the announcement if finally made!

Personally, I would love a different menu but doubt that is it even though JH stated a couple of months ago that they would be releasing new menus soon. Just what is Carnival's definition of soon? Does anyone know?

Carnival takes the long term view and soon is based on that. If the earth is say 6 billion years what is a year or two in the overall course of things?icon7.gif

Archived