What's the earliest you ever

Cruisin 4 Ever

boarded a ship and did you use faster to the fun?

October 2009-Miracle-10:30. But this doesn't count because she was repo-ing and sailed empty to FLL.

June 2012-Glory-10:55. No FTTF. We were the first non-Platinum guests to embark. (Weddings, Assisted, and Platinum started five minutes before us, but there were only a dozen of those total.)

I love getting to the port early and as long as the ship was on time and everything was going as planned, we were usually are on board by 11:30. We're Platinum now so all is good. :D

Don't know the exact time we boarded, but we left out of Long Beach and arrived about 9AM. It took about 1 minute to check in and we got a boarding pass for zone 1.

They said we had a lot of time so we went to look around the Hotel Maya and then the Queen Mary, after several hours returning to the dock to see if they were calling zones yet.

They were on zone 9! :rolleyes:

We got right in.

..but we were on board and snapping my first interior pic...

Atrium-586.jpg

at 0819 hrs.!! :eek:

8:19 a.m?? How come?

It was a special Caribbean Princess charter cruise (3 nights on board)

and the ship was scheduled to depart Barbados at 1 p.m. - which it did.

We had to board EARLY!

I got pics on a deserted top deck well before 9 in the morning, with not a soul in sight!

CPrincess-588.jpg

This one was taken at 0822 hrs!! :D

-and btw...those times are the time-stamps on the picture files!

In January DD and I were able to board at about 11:15. For some reason, we weren't given a boarding number at check-in, and when we asked one of the terminal workers about it, she waved us on through to board.

I think it helped that DD had on a Happy Birthday crown. :)

It was really fun being one of the first ones on board!

In January DD and I were able to board at about 11:15. For some reason, we weren't given a boarding number at check-in, and when we asked one of the terminal workers about it, she waved us on through to board.

I think it helped that DD had on a Happy Birthday crown. :)

It was really fun being one of the first ones on board!

Same happened to us in June on the Liberty out of Miami. Walked into the terminal about 1110, went through security and then the check-in line and once check-in was complete we could go ahead. I asked for our boarding number and she smiled and said we didn't need one, just go ahead and proceed onto the ship on we were on board at 1130. loved it! :D

11:15 last November - Freedom in FT Lauderdale. We aren't platinum & that was before FTTF.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Ditto this but it was legend in june in Tampa and we weren't platinum yet

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

11:15am on the Magic last October - no FTTF.

We purchased it for the Dream...has more to do with early tenders in Belize....but getting on the ship at 11am AND having cabin and luggage will sure be a bonus!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Exactly the same reason I purchased FTTF for my upcoming Liberty cruise: Belize tenders. And I'll also be happy to into the cabin, get luggage put away, and start relaxing with my Kindle and a BlueIguana Burrito.

I believe Liberty was my fastest boarding, on the ship just after 11am, maybe 30 minutes after arriving (no FTTF). Victory in San Juan was slow; we sat around waiting for about 90 minutes.

Edited by larkz