Vibe Beach Club on Breakaway

savetigers

I loved the Vibe -- very quiet, no kids, and I was always able to get seating. Great bar and limited food menu. They come around often with skewers of fruit and cold towels. I spent 2-3 hours there every day, lounging with a good book or just chatting with other guests.

There is a hot tub, shower and toilet facilities.

Passes are limited in quantity so go straight to Guest Services upon boarding to get one. In May the passes were $79 for the week and worth every penny.

Enjoy!

Tracy

The Vibe passes were the best investment we made on the ship! We loved the area. The last sea day was very windy. The crew took many of the chairs off the upper decks (16/17/sundeck) and many people had nowhere to sit. Vibe was not as windy, as the "walls" protected the area. I would never sail on the Breakaway/Getaway without Vibe passes.

We were on the 8/25 sailing. My DW and I rented a Cabana at the Vibe. It was $299.00 for the two of us for the week. Included was $100.00 in non-refundable OBC. Bringing the costs down to $199.00 for the two of us. We figured for an extra $20.00 per person we would treat ourself. Didn't really need the Cabana. Plenty of lounge chairs were available. Next time we will just get the $79.00 passes. We really enjoyed a place to get away from the crowds. Felt very pampered and relaxed up there.

Edited by NYcruzzer

So glad to read this. I'm gonna do my best to get one of these passes for the week of my cruise... I realize that going in March, there are likely a couple days it won't be worth it, seeing as we'll be sailing out of and into New York City in winter. But I still want it, dang it! LOL

Richard/Tralfie

Around what time do you need to be at port to secure a vibe pass? Is 9am too late? Are we talking more around 8am?

We were at port at 10, and were in group 5 for boarding. We boarded around 11:15. When you get on board, go directly to the left side (as you are looking at it) of Guest Services desk. There will be a person with a clipboard - only 60 passes were sold to Vibe when we were there. Good luck!

We were at port at 10, and were in group 5 for boarding. We boarded around 11:15. When you get on board, go directly to the left side (as you are looking at it) of Guest Services desk. There will be a person with a clipboard - only 60 passes were sold to Vibe when we were there. Good luck!

Great info, we plan to arrive at 10:00am also!

I am cruising in January and I am hoping it will not be as popular on our cruise because of the cold weather.

I won't be getting to the pier until 11:30 - Noon.

Hope there are spots still available! :)

Don

For a January cruise I think the indoor Spa pass will be the "hot" ticket to get. If you are going on the 12 day cruise I assume the Vibe and Spa pass will be significantly higher.

Fair Warning: Chair Hogs dwell in the Spa as well.

We had a Cabana. I did notice some other Cabana occupants leaving stuff in their cabana while also using a lounge chair outside the cabana. It still appeared that there were enough lounge chairs outside the cabana. I didn't think that was right so I only took a lounger inside my cabana. FYI very little breeze in the cabanas and it did get a little hot in there I think next time I would just get the regular $79.00 passes. Anything higher than that I may just deal with the crowds in H2O.

Edited by NYcruzzer

We didn't make it in time to get Vibe passes but SpiceH20 was empty enough in the morning to get seats. After 10-10:30 it started to get crowded. They also handed out cold towels, sprayed us with water spritzers, and handed out fruit skewers. It worked out perfectly that we couldn't get Vibe passes.

We didn't make it in time to get Vibe passes but SpiceH20 was empty enough in the morning to get seats. After 10-10:30 it started to get crowded. They also handed out cold towels, sprayed us with water spritzers, and handed out fruit skewers. It worked out perfectly that we couldn't get Vibe passes.

We stopped at SpiceH20 twice during the cruise. It was wall to wall people, noisy, and it was hard even finding a spot to sit at the waterfall, or anywhere else, for that matter. I am out on deck by 7 a.m. every morning. It was empty then - but as you said, after 10 it was really busy. Just too many people for us to enjoy ourselves. We felt the $79 pp for Vibe was a great investment.

Has anyone bought Vibe passes who has younger kids? Also, does the area typically get good sun? I could care a less about the pool area - but love to sit in the sun and read/nap/have a drink or two when on vacation. I would like to get this for my husband and myself and assume we would need to step out periodically to talk to kids and check up on them (they are 11 and 13, so old enough to wander the ship together doing "kid" stuff). They will have walkie talkies, but are we also able to see them from this area if they just stopped by?

BTW - We will actually be sailing the Getaway in March, but assume they have something similar.

Thanks!

Kim

Has anyone bought Vibe passes who has younger kids? Also, does the area typically get good sun? I could care a less about the pool area - but love to sit in the sun and read/nap/have a drink or two when on vacation. I would like to get this for my husband and myself and assume we would need to step out periodically to talk to kids and check up on them (they are 11 and 13, so old enough to wander the ship together doing "kid" stuff). They will have walkie talkies, but are we also able to see them from this area if they just stopped by?

BTW - We will actually be sailing the Getaway in March, but assume they have something similar.

Thanks!

Kim

At times we did see kids around your age "check in" with their parents at Vibe. The only way they can get into that area is by using one of their parent's room keys which have been keyed in to open the Vibe sliding door, or by the parents going out to the kids. Just a warning - when we were there, the Vibe staff gave was very diligent in making sure it was "adult only". If any kids hung around more than a few minutes, the parents were asked to step outside with their kids to finish their discussion. But with a walkie talkie, there should be no problem with communicating and meeting with your kids if needed.:)

• 5 months later...