I need help on getting the sale price

dogchopper

Ok, I'm booked on the freedom of the seas on the 29th of this month. I paid 639pp for an ocean view. It went on sale and a balcony went for 649 2 weeks ago but they refused to give me a balcony cuz it was a sale :( . I was not a happy camper ..

Then someone on here said they got they upgrade on one of their cruises that same week by bugging them.

So, this week I went on the crown and anchor site for the preview of the Tuesday sale and this time a balcony is gonna be 629.00. I WANT A BALCONY!!!! As of now a balcony is 799.

What number do I call, who do I have to drive crazy?? I'm willing to pester them :D

I tried to call today and someone transferred me to another place who told me the office was closed due to the holiday. So...

Any tips??

People have reported that they talked to the Resolutions department and were able to upgrade to a sale priced (restricted to new bookings) stateroom, but only if that stateroom was priced more than what they paid. If the better stateroom is priced the same or less than what you paid, then you cannot upgrade when the price is restricted to new bookings.

People have reported that they talked to the Resolutions department and were able to upgrade to a sale priced (restricted to new bookings) stateroom, but only if that stateroom was priced more than what they paid. If the better stateroom is priced the same or less than what you paid, then you cannot upgrade when the price is restricted to new bookings.

So... Because the balcony is less than I paid for an ocean view I'm out of luck :(. Well, I shall call just in case??

So... Because the balcony is less than I paid for an ocean view I'm out of luck :(. Well, I shall call just in case??

Correct, if the balcony price is restricted to new bookings. I believe the current sale goes through Friday.

You can only hope that the price is still there after Friday so maybe you will be able to snag one then. When they start driving costs down like that towards the sail date. They are really after the locals who don't have to fly to fill the ship. It used to be that booking early was the way to go and then the prices would drop and you could get the upgrades, but in the last few years they have changed the "game". The best prices are going to show up 2 to 4 weeks out from the cruise date, and only if they are trying to fill the ship. So we either book early for what we want, or be more flexible with what we want to do and wait until the very last minute when they go on sale and hope we can get what we want. And that's if the even put it on sale.

I understand your frustration but they are trying to fill the boat, not accommodate upgrades. Cheap balconies are (probably) more likely to entice someone to book than a cheap inside, so that is the sale they run (and why they make it new bookings only).

If I sailed off season (~80% of the time I do not) I would always book last minute due to this. Plus I live within reasonable driving distance to all FL ports which means last minute airfare prices aren't an issue.

Call and ask nicely, but don't expect them to bend on this as they need to fill the boat.

That price you saw is the Tuesday Sale. You cannot have the Tuesday Sale unless it is more than what you already paid.

You paid $639 and the sale is for $629. You can't have it. You can take a suite at the sale rate, but not the balcony.

As for when the balcony was going for $649, it was likely a "new bookings only" non-Tuesday sale. Those you can't have unless it is a new booking, even if it is an upgrade.

It is complicated and often you don't know what you are looking at until you call Royal. But these are some pretty firm rules. If you really want the balcony, just pay the $799 rate and have it done.

Sorry but you're mistake is to assume RCI will "give" you anything especially this close to sail date...unless you are willing to "pay" for it..As stated above RCI "sales" have restrictions...Enjoy your cruise and the cabin you booked when you had other choices, appears you were going to any way .:)

Well, as far as I should of booked a balcony, If I could of afforded one I would of, but then I'd be even more bummed that I way over paid for it.

I gotta say its the one thing I like more about Carnival so far. A bit disappointing and yeah I won't EVER book early again cuz you seem to really over pay that way. Live and learn!!

Well, as far as I should of booked a balcony, If I could of afforded one I would of, but then I'd be even more bummed that I way over paid for it.

I gotta say its the one thing I like more about Carnival so far. A bit disappointing and yeah I won't EVER book early again cuz you seem to really over pay that way. Live and learn!!

I know you are unhappy right now, but be careful about generalizing this situation to all your future cruises.

I have booked (or watched prices hoping to book) cruises. Sometimes prices go down after final payment, as you experienced. other times prices just go up and up. if you believe demand for a specific cruise will be lax, wait to book if you wish. if demand is likely to be brisk, book early, then watch for possible price drops until final payment.

I know you are unhappy right now, but be careful about generalizing this situation to all your future cruises.

I have booked (or watched prices hoping to book) cruises. Sometimes prices go down after final payment, as you experienced. other times prices just go up and up. if you believe demand for a specific cruise will be lax, wait to book if you wish. if demand is likely to be brisk, book early, then watch for possible price drops until final payment.

I suppose you are right. So... If I cruise off season ( which i do now that the kids are all gone and I don't have to work around school breaks) I will book last minute. If I ever do book early ill stick with carnivals early saver program . Last time I did that I ended up with over 700 bucks in OBC which at the end of the cruise they refunded the difference to me on.

So, last minute cruises royal Caribbean, planned ahead carnival ..

Guest maddycat

We have four RCI cruises booked. All were booked 1 1/2 to 2 years prior to the cruise dates. Of the four only one has gone down in price and on that one we got the reduced price. The price drop was before final payment. One cruise has gone up $900 per person, another has gone up $350 per person and the third has increased $595 per person. We're very happy. We got the cabins that we wanted at the prices that we could live with.

We have four RCI cruises booked. All were booked 1 1/2 to 2 years prior to the cruise dates. Of the four only one has gone down in price and on that one we got the reduced price. The price drop was before final payment. One cruise has gone up $900 per person, another has gone up $350 per person and the third has increased $595 per person. We're very happy. We got the cabins that we wanted at the prices that we could live with.

Well, I will be happy with an ocean view ( happier with a balcony ) . I don't have the big bucks to have suites or even balconies. I'm just happy to go on a nice ship like this ...

But.. If I can hound them till they give me a upgrade I'm gonna do it :)

I suppose you are right. So... If I cruise off season ( which i do now that the kids are all gone and I don't have to work around school breaks) I will book last minute. If I ever do book early ill stick with carnivals early saver program . Last time I did that I ended up with over 700 bucks in OBC which at the end of the cruise they refunded the difference to me on.

So, last minute cruises royal Caribbean, planned ahead carnival ..

Grabbing the low prices on last minute cruises works best for those with very flexible schedules (like some retirees, and certain flexible job/family situations) who live within driving distance to ports. Someday, that will include me.

Currently, I fly to port cities, so if I wait too long, the higher airfare and hotel costs can outweigh the price drops on cruises. So, I book at least 3-4 weeks before the cruise. Some times I have waited after final payment, thinking the price would drop further on a desireable category; instead the price suddenly shot up.

Very few people can say they got the best price of anybody on their cabin category on a certain sailing; almost no frequent cruiser can get the very best deal on every single one of their cruises. I am sorry it has not worked out for you this time.

Grabbing the low prices on last minute cruises works best for those with very flexible schedules (like some retirees, and certain flexible job/family situations) who live within driving distance to ports. Someday, that will include me.

Currently, I fly to port cities, so if I wait too long, the higher airfare and hotel costs can outweigh the price drops on cruises. So, I book at least 3-4 weeks before the cruise. Some times I have waited after final payment, thinking the price would drop further on a desireable category; instead the price suddenly shot up.

Very few people can say they got the best price of anybody on their cabin category on a certain sailing; almost no frequent cruiser can get the very best deal on every single one of their cruises. I am sorry it has not worked out for you this time.

Yeah I'm lucky that I can drive to ports in Florida so I don't have the air fare to worry about. But we are not retired so we have to have some notice for time off work for the husband. I'm self employed so I'm more flexible...

I do tend to get obsessed about price drops... I admit it, and it has worked out well for me with carnival. But royal is a whole new ball game... I will just have to get used to it

Okay I just got confused here big time. Last Tuesday the price of our cruise went down and we got 200 off.

So if the price goes down again I won't get anymore money taken off or what?

I am a big time newbie to this.

You can get multiple price drops, as long as the new price is not restricted to new bookings, and your cruise is before final payment date.

Please tell me how to check for price drops on RCCL.

Thank you

You use Royal's website to do a mock booking of the same exact cruise and stateroom that you have. Once you see the prices, you can exit the booking.

I booked a couple of balcony cabins a few months ago, on a Med cruise. The price has now gone UP by more than $300 per person, and the cruise is not until June 2014. I have the cabin location we want, and the price now sounds like a bargain. Had I booked a couple of weeks earlier, it would have been even lower than we paid at the time I booked. You never know what the price will eventually be, but looking at the increase in price for this cruise, I don't think I'll see a drop in the price. You take a chance and you purchase for the type cabin you want and can afford, should the price not go down. If the price were to drop and I got a reduction I'd be thrilled....and VERY surprised.

Archived