Lisbon shuttle?

Essexlass2

Does anyone know if P&O provide a free shuttle from the Alcantara dock in Lisbon to the Praca do Comercio? In fact, do they provide a shuttle at all?

I know there is talk of charging for shuttle buses next year if on a Getaway fare but that wasn't the case earlier this year on a Norwegian fjord cruise we enjoyed so maybe not for any cruises this year.

If they berth at Santa Apolonia, at the bottom of the Alfama District, which is the most common place nowadays - it is walkable to the centre.

The charges, if they happen, are not due to come into effect until April 2014 but the brochure only say for shuttles provided BY P&O and most are provided by the port.

If they berth at Santa Apolonia, at the bottom of the Alfama District, which is the most common place nowadays - it is walkable to the centre.

The charges, if they happen, are not due to come into effect until April 2014 but the brochure only say for shuttles provided BY P&O and most are provided by the port.

Azura is scheduled to dock at Alcantara on our cruise next month. Does that mean the shuttle would still drop us at the bottom of the Alfama District and would we be able to get tram 28 there to do a round trip of the scenic part of Lisbon? I believe we would have to get to Praca do Comercio for tram 15 to Belem which we also hope to do.

Give yourself plenty time to get back to the ship as the queues were very long and we had quite a wait for a shuttle in the city centre. Luckily we hadn't left it to the last minute.

Thanks for the tip although we always allow heaps of time to get back to the ship, but surely if there were still long queues waiting for shuttle buses the ship wouldn't leave without them?

Thank you, Brian. Is Praca do Figueiro the same place Host Sharon refers to in her reply?

Not sure. It's at the other end of the main shopping streets from Praca do Comercio. See Google maps.

It's also not far to walk to the Martim Moniz terminus for the 28 tram (15 min max)

http://www.carris.pt/en/tram/28E/ascendente/

Brian

Azura is scheduled to dock at Alcantara on our cruise next month. Does that mean the shuttle would still drop us at the bottom of the Alfama District and would we be able to get tram 28 there to do a round trip of the scenic part of Lisbon? I believe we would have to get to Praca do Comercio for tram 15 to Belem which we also hope to do.

Where did you find the port location info for Lisbon, I cannot see any data beyond the end of September. The current Azura cruise however will dock at Apolonia on 10th Sept., so I am hoping our cruise starting 1st Oct will also dock here.

PS OK, now found it and unfortunately you are correct, so we will have to rely on the shuttle bus to take us into the centre, and we need the accessible shuttle and there is generally only one of these.

Archived