Alcohol Packages

reilly1

Not yet. They do offer wine packages by the bottle. For a flat rate you get to choose any wine up to a certain value. There are two of them I believe, one costing more and it allows you to select more expensive bottles. The bottles are available in the dining room and your cabin I believe. You cannot get them across any of the bars.

We have cruised with Princess but not in the past 12 years, recently using Celebrity and RCI. We quite fancy a 2014 cruise on Emerald Princess. Do Princess offer drink packages like the other companies do?
Drink prices are quite a bit less than on Celebrity so while there's no alcoholic beverage package, if you're a moderate drinker, you'll probably spend less than you would with a Celebrity package.

Soda and "Ultimate" drink (non-alcoholic) packages are very reasonable. You can pre-purchase them or get one onboard. Here's a link to the packages (scroll all the way down for the soda packages): http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Drink prices are quite a bit less than on Celebrity.....

Not true, Having been on the Celebrity Reflection last May and the Crown Princess last week I found the prices roughly the same if not a little dearer with Princess, a pint (UK 20oz) of Stella, was daylight robbery at $7.77 (inc tip) making it over a fiver a pint, a complaint that was mentioned a fer times at dinner.

I have to admit I have been with groups that have taken alcohol on board and had no issues.

However I am not sure if it has always been an option but we just found that we can order bottles to our room. Price is a little higher than in Canada for alcohol but still cheaper than making all drink purchases from the bar.

I have pre ordered and paid for ours to be delivered when we get on board for our 18 days. I think this is a great option to keep the cost down and abide by the policies. :)

Not true, Having been on the Celebrity Reflection last May and the Crown Princess last week I found the prices roughly the same if not a little dearer with Princess, a pint (UK 20oz) of Stella, was daylight robbery at $7.77 (inc tip) making it over a fiver a pint, a complaint that was mentioned a fer times at dinner.

I agree, I don't think Celebrity is more expensive across the board but they certainly are in some things. Martinis and coffees for sure.

I agree, I don't think Celebrity is more expensive across the board but they certainly are in some things. Martinis and coffees for sure.

Absolutely, specialty coffees on the Crown were very reasonable around the $2.50 mark.

I have to admit I have been with groups that have taken alcohol on board and had no issues.

However I am not sure if it has always been an option but we just found that we can order bottles to our room. Price is a little higher than in Canada for alcohol but still cheaper than making all drink purchases from the bar.

I have pre ordered and paid for ours to be delivered when we get on board for our 18 days. I think this is a great option to keep the cost down and abide by the policies. :)

Do you know if there is a wine list that shows the price of the bottles? I was trying to figure out it the price would be almost the same as having the $15 corkage added to the wine I bring on board.

Archived