Epic Soda Package

vacalover99

I'm sure this has been asked before, but searched a little and didn't come across an answer. Does everyone in a stateroom need to purchase the soda package? I know everyone in the stateroom needs to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package but wasn't sure about the soda package. Never been on NCL before, but Nov. 2011 we sailed on Royal Caribbean and were able to purchase 1 soda package, even though there was 2 of us in the stateroom. Is NCL's policy the same?

Thanks in advance!

My last cruise on the jewel (October 2012) my husband bought the soda package and I did not. It does not say anywhere that everyone in the room has to purchase it but I do remember reading (not sure where) that NCL may be changing that policy and making it so that everyone in the room has to purchase it, I think they are figuring out that people share!

It is sold to individuals, no need to purchase for each cabin member. There was some speculation by a few that this would change. NCL has not mentioned any changes and are still selling individual packages.

Fountain drinks only and only one at a time, no sharing.

• 1 year later...

I think NCL has changed this policy - last year I bought the Soda Package for our son - This year when I tried to pre-order and pay - it said everyone in cabin must buy it! My Husband and I don't drink Soda - why would I want to purchase the Soda Package for all 3??? Can you still bring water & soda on board?

March 2014 - EPIC - I brought case of water and a 6 pack of bottled soda in a checked bag at the pier. They delivered the bag to the room eventually. It took them longer than the regular luggage though, as there was a note the bag was searched. I'm guessing they were checking for alcohol.

Bringing bottle water is big money saver for us.

They changed this some time between my Getaway cruise in May last year and my Sun cruise in November last year. :p

We use to pre-purchase our soda package, but when we went to go do it for our Sun/Sky cruise in November, if you did it online before cruising, they required everyone in the room to buy it.

So, we simply waited until we were on board (wait until you pull out of port otherwise you are charged sales tax) and purchased it just for me and the hubby. :)

They changed this some time between my Getaway cruise in May last year and my Sun cruise in November last year. :p

We use to pre-purchase our soda package, but when we went to go do it for our Sun/Sky cruise in November, if you did it online before cruising, they required everyone in the room to buy it.

So, we simply waited until we were on board (wait until you pull out of port otherwise you are charged sales tax) and purchased it just for me and the hubby. :)

This is the answer.

If you buy it online before you cruise then everyone has to buy it, but if you wait until you get onboard then it can be purchased individually.

When the change was made there was a lot of discussion on here about whether it could be purchased separately when onboard, which I imagine is what people are remembering as speculation. It soon became clear that onboard purchases aren't changed.

Edited by KeithJenner