Prepaying gratuities

live2dive45

I put posted about pre paying Daily Service Charge about a week ago.

I did so going to my online NCL account- left hand corner had "pre paid service charge" clicked on and did pre pay- First off, I noticed under terms and conditions that "add on amenities" the only choice available- that if not canceled within 14 days- non refundable. Called NCL direct, the rep. said oh no, DSC does not apply- fully refundable. We had booked through a TA . Although pd. in full after not rec. email confirmation, called and said it was sent to TA- not so- insisted to send email confirm to me- which they did- status shows pd in full, but nowhere does it show how much pd.

Know many many others do this with no problem, but not sure if I would do this again. We sail in 20 days.

Although pd. in full after not rec. email confirmation, called and said it was sent to TA- not so- insisted to send email confirm to me- which they did- status shows pd in full, but nowhere does it show how much pd.

It's all or nothing with DSC, if you have paid in full, you have paid in full - only other option (online) is to have paid nothing. The amount can be easily calculated from the length of the cruise and number of passengers on the reservation (cabin) if you really want but I can't see any reason why it should be shown in amenity confirmation.

What you have experienced is completely normal in my experience, I have never been able to prepay the DSC online when booked through a TA and have had to always go through them and NCL always sends the confirmation to them.

I also have had problems trying to prepay the tips via the website. This happened on my April cruise and now the upcoming Oct cruise. It states "we are unable to display this option at this time".

It is not a big deal for me since they will automatically add these tips to the account while on the cruise. My gut feeling is that it is due to the fact that we book our cruise thru a third part agency, Costco. It never used to be an issue when we booked directly thru the NCL website.

Archived