Upgrade!! Is this a good thing??

Ladypop

After watching everybody's stories about upgrades, I couldn't believe it when we got an email today with an upgrade for our first ever cruise in November.

We are on the Sea Princess, and have been upgraded from cabin D607 (obstructed) on Dolphin deck, to P347 on Emerald Deck. Is this a good thing??

any input would be most welcome. :)

After watching everybody's stories about upgrades, I couldn't believe it when we got an email today with an upgrade for our first ever cruise in November.

We are on the Sea Princess, and have been upgraded from cabin D607 (obstructed) on Dolphin deck, to P347 on Emerald Deck. Is this a good thing??

Hi. I think you are on Plaza deck, not Emerald. You probably have a window. You are certainly convenient to the Passenger Services Desk, and the main floor of the Piazza. :) Enjoy!

A cabin with an unobstructed window is better than one with an obstructed window.

I had P225 on the Sea Princess. It was right at the front and last cabin before the crew door. It was a little bit noisy then going in and out. But nothing major. Very handy location being on the Plaza deck going to dinner and getting morning coffee. Would take that location again.

yes thats a good upgrade, now you have a cabin with no tender to see over

Ok, so it sounds pretty good:). Will have to check it out with the travel agency...in their email it says Emerald Deck, but it makes more sense with a "P" number that it would be Plaza Deck. It's such a nice thing to happen :) My boys will be so excited to have a window to look out of. Thank you so much for your help!!

I would prefer the obstructed view because of the more convenient location.

We had a Plaza deck cabin on our last cruise and absolutely loved the location. It was close to the International Café:) as well as convenient to the front elevators for the sanctuary. We loved being able to walk right out to the piazza, dining room and theater. I would take it again in a heart beat. With that said, it is a smidge smaller than the Emerald OBV. The bed is against the window, rather than the wall. At least it was in ours.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

We were in P225 on the Emerald and really liked the upgraded location but it was noisy due to the thrusters when docking. The proximity to the atrium was great and coming back from shore was convenient to our room! In Nov we are in P311 (our choice this time) on the Star which is more mid ship.

Thanks so much for the replies. If it's a bit noisy when docking I don't think it'll be an issue as we have early starts at every port because we have tours booked. We're pretty early risers anyway. I did wonder about motion/seasickness. It looks to be somewhere between the middle and the front. Is that likely feel a lot of motion??

Archived