Please share your favorite bars on Allure/Oasis!

So my roll call is planning a bar crawl on our Allure cruise. I love a good bar crawl :D and so volunteered to coordinate it.

I'd like to hear which bars are people's favorites, and why - is it the location, uniqueness, atmosphere, the drinks, the bartender, etc. And at said bars, do you have a favorite drink that you recommend?

TIA!

This isn't too good for a bigger group, but the Rising Tide Bar was pretty nice. I liked the free rides back and forth between the Promenade and Central park.

Which brings me to another bar. In Central Park there's a bar that sometimes has live music that's really nice.

Schooner Bar is also good. :)

We always enjoy the Pool Bar on both the Oasis and Allure. It is a primo assignment for the bartenders and they enjoy the vibe and crowds. It is a long bar and lots of room by it so it can handle crowds. Yes, it is outside, but under full cover so good rain or shine. If you want a bar to allow rowdy loud behavior, maybe plan to end your quest at the Pool bar. The Sand Bar is not as good as it gets some feed from the nearby kids pool.

• 1 month later...

Hi, When we were on the Allure, my husband and I LOVED the Viking Crown Lounge . It is right above the Windjammer. On the first night of the cruise it was practically empty. By the end of the cruise there were maybe 50 people max. People don't go there, because they think it is for Crown and Anchor members. There are comfy chairs or you can sit at the bar and over look the pool.

Tough question... sort of depends. I love the Schooner Bar, but it depends on the Piano Player. Same with the Pub. Depends on the entertainer. Loved both. Check out both. Go to the one that you enjoy most. Both are always a good time. Viking Crown Lounge for view, Schooner Bar and Pub for nightly entertainment. In fact, try all the bars and let us know. Consider it an "assignment." Have a drink or more in each bar and give us a review. Above all, HAVE FUN!

Me and a few of my friends like to sit at an outside bar during the day and the wipeout bar looks like it would be a great place to do that for views and all that. Anyone here hang out at that bar much? Is there a good vibe there?

Hi, When we were on the Allure, my husband and I LOVED the Viking Crown Lounge . It is right above the Windjammer. On the first night of the cruise it was practically empty. By the end of the cruise there were maybe 50 people max. People don't go there, because they think it is for Crown and Anchor members. There are comfy chairs or you can sit at the bar and over look the pool.

This is great advice. I wandered into this lounge and although it was quite empty initially it filled up within an our of departure. I too heard that it was only for Diamond level Crown and Anchor members.

I've found the 2 bars I frequented the most were the Boardwalk Bar and the Rising Tide Bar. I liked the Boardwalk Bar for it's outside location and it's a good people watching bar. It's also great for catching an Aqua Theater show. I like the Rising Tide Bar for it's uniqueness and it's just easy to relax and chat with people and watch the activities on the Royal Promenade. As far as picking a bar based on bartenders, the bartenders move around often to different bars throughout the ship from cruise to cruise. There are no lack of bars to include on your bar tour and you should have alot of fun. :)

This is great advice. I wandered into this lounge and although it was quite empty initially it filled up within an our of departure. I too heard that it was only for Diamond level Crown and Anchor members.

That's too bad. The Viking Crown Lounge is very nice and it is open to everyone. Diamond C&A member's have their own lounge that is located over top of Boleros.

Vintages in the evenings

Just lovely to be in CP after dark; usually there is live entertainment- a couple of singers, a jazz trio or a classical quartet. I love having a glass of wine, maybe some tapas and watching people walk by, hear the music and this is a favorite of the officers and non uniform staff, so you can have some interesting conversations, or at least eavesdrop on them;)

Love all the feedback, thank you!

I should've mentioned initially that our bar hop will be at 3:30pm, as that seems to be the time with the least amount of scheduling conflicts (lunch/dinner and show reservations). So that might impact opinions.

So my roll call is planning a bar crawl on our Allure cruise. I love a good bar crawl :D and so volunteered to coordinate it.

I'd like to hear which bars are people's favorites, and why - is it the location, uniqueness, atmosphere, the drinks, the bartender, etc. And at said bars, do you have a favorite drink that you recommend?

TIA!

Rising tide bar for me. Just because its different. :)