Fort Lauderdale - Airport Transfers

Cruising5650

I purchased tickets directly from Celebrity. Used ChoiceAir for the flights. As part of this I purchased transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Can someone tell me exactly what I am doing? Do I pickup my bags at the airport (I assume so) ...

Then, is there a bus marked "Celebrity Cruises" somewhere and they can direct me further? I guess my questions is where do I go in the airport to find someone who can get me to the terminal?

I purchased tickets directly from Celebrity. Used ChoiceAir for the flights. As part of this I purchased transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Can someone tell me exactly what I am doing? Do I pickup my bags at the airport (I assume so) ...

Then, is there a bus marked "Celebrity Cruises" somewhere and they can direct me further? I guess my questions is where do I go in the airport to find someone who can get me to the terminal?

Come off of your plane, go directly to baggage claim for your flight. While waiting for your bags, look around and there may be a representative from Celebrity that will have a sign and a clip board with names on it. He or she will then be able to direct you to where the shuttle will be located. There should be directions as to what to do with your voucher that you will have that proves that you paid for the shuttle. Without that voucher, anyone could just hop on the shuttle. Good luck.

Just for future reference, many experienced cruisers fly in the day before in case there are any plane problems and also not having to get up before the crack of dawn on your first day of vacation to make a 600 am flight. If you do it this way, you can then stay at a nearby hotel that has a shuttle to the cruise port or if not an inexpensive shared van service or taxi will be able to get you to the cruise port the following day when you're nice and relaxed instead of worrying when you fly in the morning of your cruise.

The first person with the board normally rounds up a group and you carry your case to the bus. Each transfer differs and we have found that one time they told us to leave the cases on the bus and they would hand them on and the second time we were told to take them off and out them in the cages - so ensure you know which to do by asking the representative. The rep normally gets on the bus to give out paperwork before you leave. i.e asks for the voucher, ensures you have the right papers ready for check in and 1 time gave us the health questionnaire.

Just make sure you have out your cruise luggage label on before putting it on the bus.

"IF" it's not too late cancel the transfers.

A taxi from the airport to the dock is $12-15 (inc tip).

I'm sure the ship transers are at least 2X's that amount.

As an added bonus you don't have to wait for the

bus to fill up.

Jack

Not if it is a sailing leaving from Miami. Celebrity has very few from FLL right now.

There will be a very nice person in nautical themed dress with a sign reading Celebrity Cruises to greet you. You booked thru them they know when you are arriving.

Edited by wallie5446

Not if it is a sailing leaving from Miami. Celebrity has very few from FLL right now.

There will be a very nice person in nautical themed dress with a sign reading Celebrity Cruises to greet you. You booked thru them they know when you are arriving.

I must be confused, I think only the Reflection sails out of Miami, Celebrity has four other ships sailing out of FLL!

I must be confused, I think only the Reflection sails out of Miami, Celebrity has four other ships sailing out of FLL!

You are correct. Celebrity has nearly all of their Florida deployment in Port Everglades (FLL). Only Reflection homeports from Miami this coming season. Even Constellation... which had sailed from Miami, is moving to Port Everglades this Winter.

Infinity has 3 sailings from Miami, but they are either Transatlatic or Panama Canal sailings.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Take a cab. It is cheaper, faster, and more convient. If you take the bus you will be sitting in the parking lot until 11:30 because they want to optimize the trips to the air port. The bus that drops you off will also pick up those passengers that have been waitng for hours at the airport for that bus to take them to the ship.

Take a cab. It is cheaper, faster, and more convient. If you take the bus you will be sitting in the parking lot until 11:30 because they want to optimize the trips to the air port. The bus that drops you off will also pick up those passengers that have been waitng for hours at the airport for that bus to take them to the ship.

Good advice!

• 1 year later...

Just returned from an X cruise and the ONLY negative was the disembarkation in FLL. Though they sell you a transfer for $16.95 yiu are lead to belived that the buses run on a schedule. They don't. I found out hard way. We had 10 people on the bus and after 30 minutes we hadn't left for airport. I asked and was told by two rude X employees that they wouldn't release the bus until "full". We complained a lot and after another 5 minutes it left. One couple barely made their plain. For two people a cab is actually cheaper and a heck of a lot faster.

Conversely, I recommend X's LUGGAGE transfer service ($20.) which takes your bag (with NO WEIGHT LIMIT!:)) from your cabin to you destination airport. Well worth it!

Steve

I am planning a future cruise from Fort Lauderdale -- will then go to Kissimmee for a further four weeks. Should I book a private shuttle or will a taxi just take me. Any suggestions as to private vehicle service from ship to Kissimmee would be welcomed, so that I could contact them ahead of time and arrange trnasporation. Would like to know as I am arranging the cruise this week with TA

Thanks

I am planning a future cruise from Fort Lauderdale -- will then go to Kissimmee for a further four weeks. Should I book a private shuttle or will a taxi just take me. Any suggestions as to private vehicle service from ship to Kissimmee would be welcomed, so that I could contact them ahead of time and arrange trnasporation. Would like to know as I am arranging the cruise this week with TA

Thanks

We are doing the exact opposite, spending a week in Orlando (Kissimmee) then heading to Ft Lauderdale to get on the ship. We are renting a car at the Orlando airport and dropping it off at the Ft Lauderdale airport which was very reasonable on price. The drive is about 3 hours between the two. If you aren't up for a short road trip or don't need a car when you get to Kissimmee, there are usually cheap flights between the two places.

Edited by gootzie

Thanks

Highly unlikely that a taxi "will just take you" all the way to Kissimmee. It's 3-4 hours from Ft. Lauderdale to Kissimmee, and the taxi would then have another 3-4 hours to drive to get back. Even if they did take you that would be one heck of an expensive taxi ride!

You need to book something ahead of time with a private shuttle/limo company, although it will still be expensive. Best bet is to rent a car and drive.