Buckets of beer

CPA92

Only one bottle at a time.

You can not get more than a single serving with the drink package since sharing is not allowed. Just one drink at a time. Only exception I've heard about is that you can get the large (1 liter) bottles of bottled water. I've also heard mixed results from people ordering the small carafes of wine at the aft bar or buffet so that is a maybe yes and maybe no. But buckets of beer is a definite no.

Good question! Bad answers. :) Guess I'll have to go around to different bars and get a bottle to hoard. Or find the right bartender.

I doubt that the bartenders have the discretion to let you take multiple beers at one time as they do have to register each "purchase" with the packages on the system.

But your desire to get beers in your cabin is similar to our desire to have a supply of bottled water and a couple sodas there. What we do is make it a point to stop at a bar whenever we're on our way back to the cabin from elsewhere on the ship to build up, and maintain, an "inventory" of a few bottles or cans. Your room steward will empty your minibar fridge for you (usually storing the items someplace in your cabin) on request so you'll have room to keep your items cool. Also, if you're traveling with a companion who also has the package keep in mind that you can pick up two items at a time if you take both cards with you.

If you don't do the beverage package, can you BUY beer by the bucket and how much does it cost? I mean, I wonder if there is any price break? Would they run specials? If I know my hubby, he would love to sit by the pool with a bucket of beer.

If you don't do the beverage package, can you BUY beer by the bucket and how much does it cost? I mean, I wonder if there is any price break? Would they run specials? If I know my hubby, he would love to sit by the pool with a bucket of beer.

The bucket of beer special is something like 5 for the price of 4, or 6 for the price of 5. I know it is often, if not always, available at the pool area and aft bars and possibly at other bars as well.

They sometimes have other specials depending on the sailing. We've been on some cruises where they've had a 2 for 1 happy hour late afternoon at all bars every day and other cruises were we haven't seen this at all (although we don't often look for it).

The reason they have specials is to increase beverage sales - especially if they are not meeting their sales targets and feel a special will result in an overall increase in sales. Beverage sales are a very high margin item for the cruise line so it is a very important profit area for them.

Archived