Should my paperwork show Platinum?

dremn2004

Dh and I booked a B2B2B last night on the Sensation to make Platinum before the end of the year. The status on the paperwork for all 3 show Gold. I thought I read on here where some people scheduled a B2B to make Platinum and the paperwork for the 10th cruise showed their status as Platinum. Did I remember correctly? I called Carnival and they said that the paperwork would show Gold, but when we did the check in for the last leg we would get Platinum cards and benefits.

I know when we went from Red to Gold, it was in the middle of a 7 day cruise and our paperwork showed Gold for that cruise, so should the paperwork for the 3rd (10th) cruise show Platinum? I am confused and definately do not want to miss out on the perks I would be entitled to. TIA.

You do also know that your level is based on how many DAYS cruised, not how many cruises, right? That was changed within the last year.

4. Earn VIFP Points

Members in good standing will receive one (1) VIFP Point for each day cruised (each a “Day”) on a cruise operated by CCL (a “Cruise”), based on published length of sailing. VIFP Points are rewarded for Days actually consumed by a Member, not for reserved Days in the future. VIFP Points may not be awarded for certain charters and/or non-revenue fares, as reasonably determined by CCL

Q: I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A: We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Both quotes are from Carnival's website. http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197338

Good luck!

Because it's a B2B2B the computer can't really think that far out. It won't really make any difference to your experience but you probably will need to go to guest services on week two with your cruise docs and your cruise history to ensure that you get all the Platinum benefits on week 3.

It usually takes about 3 days for my history to be updated when I get back from a cruise and I always reprint it as soon as it does. I've had several friends that have had to reconstruct their history when the Carnival database has blanked everything out.

You do also know that your level is based on how many DAYS cruised, not how many cruises, right? That was changed within the last year.

Both quotes are from Carnival's website. http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197338

Good luck!

They will be grandfathered in if they reach platinum by end of this year.

days start at the end of year, still have number of cruises till then. it will not show till after the 8th and 9th are taken, we had our 9th booked and then booked 10th and it didnt show until after we came back from the 9th one. i would print a copy of cruises just to be sure. you should receive the benifits on the last one is all.

We just finished our 9th cruise and our documents for #10 in December show us as platinum. However, we booked cruises 8, 9, and 10 at the same time and all showed us as gold until we completed #9 a week ago. Our docs were just changed today.

I am sure you will be updated on last cruise but since you will already be on board, it doesn't really matter what your luggage tag and boarding pass reads for the 10 cruise. They do not ask for them.

Dh and I booked a B2B2B last night on the Sensation to make Platinum before the end of the year. The status on the paperwork for all 3 show Gold. I thought I read on here where some people scheduled a B2B to make Platinum and the paperwork for the 10th cruise showed their status as Platinum. Did I remember correctly? I called Carnival and they said that the paperwork would show Gold, but when we did the check in for the last leg we would get Platinum cards and benefits.

I know when we went from Red to Gold, it was in the middle of a 7 day cruise and our paperwork showed Gold for that cruise, so should the paperwork for the 3rd (10th) cruise show Platinum? I am confused and definately do not want to miss out on the perks I would be entitled to. TIA.

We are doing a B2B next month to make platinum and when I printed out my boarding pass and luggage tags they both show Platinum. This will be our 9th and 10th cruise, so I knew the last leg would be considered Platinum but didn't expect the 9th to be considered as such. Good surprise, I cancelled the FTTF I had purchased for the 1st leg, saved me $50.00.

Maybe it won't change until after final payment? Just a guess.

Thanks for the responses. I was sorta thinking it maybe an issue of having not taken the 8th and 9th yet.

I will definately print my cruise history and take it with me as well, and check with Guest Services mid-way through the 2nd leg so that they have some time to fix it if it does not show platinum on the 3rd.

We are doing a B2B next month to make platinum and when I printed out my boarding pass and luggage tags they both show Platinum. This will be our 9th and 10th cruise, so I knew the last leg would be considered Platinum but didn't expect the 9th to be considered as such. Good surprise, I cancelled the FTTF I had purchased for the 1st leg, saved me $50.00.

Maybe it won't change until after final payment? Just a guess.

That's what happened to us this past January on our #9 & #10 B2B. I was really surprised and happy to be awarded Platinum status on #9. Not only did we get Priority Embarkation, but we also got 4 Tervis Tumblers!!!

The only thing we missed was not being able to go directly to our cabin because FTTF had not been initiated on Freedom. Looking forward to that perk this next January.

I have a B2B coming up, the second cruise will be #10. At first both showed my temp VIFP as gold, about 4 days both showed as platinum. My boarding pass and luggage tags for #9 are tagged VIP. It was a nice surprise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I paid for them in full last night when I booked them. I am going to keep a check on them and maybe I will get lucky and they (or at least the 10th) will change in a few days. If not, I will take a print out of my previous cruises, just in case. It would be wonderful if all 3 changed, but I will definitely be happy with just the 10th changing...lol.

I have my B2B booked for November to be my 9th and 10th. I had FTTF for the first one but my documents show me platinum on both boarding passes. So I'm guess it will be okay to cancel my FTTF and spend the money on drinks instead? We are tr

aveling with 2 other couples that also have FTTF so I don't want to be the only one that doesn't get to board.

Good luck!

Until December 31 it can be number of days, or number of cruises. On my B2B all of my documents show platinum, priority and FTTF.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I paid for them in full last night when I booked them. I am going to keep a check on them and maybe I will get lucky and they (or at least the 10th) will change in a few days. If not, I will take a print out of my previous cruises, just in case. It would be wonderful if all 3 changed, but I will definitely be happy with just the 10th changing...lol.

I am in pretty much the same situation. I just booked my 10th while I was on the Splendor this week. Documents still say Gold. Since I just completed my 9th yesterday, I will keep an eye on my documents for the 10th to make sure it changes to Platinum. As a back up I will also print my cruise history and take it with me just to be sure.

Archived