New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

There is no computer access in the Concierge Lounge of any Voyager or Freedom class ship.

Sorry... that is wrong. I used the computers a few weeks ago in CL on our Enchantment b2b. (As did many others.) 2 computers in the back of the room.

There ARE computers in the Diamond Lounges of Freedom class ships.

I have not yet experienced a Diamond Lounge on a Voyager class ship.

No computers in DL on Enchantment

See above please.

I am confused with the last post. What does Enchantment have to do with Voyager class?

The Enchantment is a Vision Class ship

Agree with Pantherfan; BUT, there is a computer in the Diamond lounge on Enchantment. I used it last B2B. It is in a cubby hole just before the bar service area on the port side.

See above please.

I know all of that. My post specifically was about Voyager and Freedom class ships.

I thank everyone who added information about Vision class and Oasis class ships, which is information that I already knew, but I wasn't writing about those.

I know all of that. My post specifically was about Voyager and Freedom class ships.

I thank everyone who added information about Vision class and Oasis class ships, which is information that I already knew, but I wasn't writing about those.

Sorry Carol. I looked up the ship classifications and still confused the the Vision class with the Voyager class. Those V words have always confused me. :D

before there was a C&A society we all cruised because we loved cruising.

now it seems most cruise only to chase those #s. what a waste.....

Agree, that is not us! We have no desire to chase the $50 additional balcony discount:D. We cruise once a year and have never been tempted to book a different category in order to receive more points/credits. We cruise for the experience...could care less about the coupons, perks, etc. For those that have achieved Pinnacle, etc., congrats...you have spent a lot of time doing something that those of us on CC clearly enjoy!

Sorry Carol. I looked up the ship classifications and still confused the the Vision class with the Voyager class. Those V words have always confused me. :D

I guess that it's a sign that I cruise RC too much that I know all of the classes and all of the ships in the classes.

:D

So I am going to start this post by bragging...I am Diamond Plus. I enjoy the perks, coupons, lounges, etc. On the Allure and Oasis we spend more time in the Diamond Lounge than the CL, don't exactly know why, just like it better. Although I must say I have never had to go to an overflow the 4 times I sailed the Big Girls so maybe I would feel differently had it been in Blaze.

On Radiance Class ships that have no dedicated Diamond Lounges, we go to the CL. Getting pretty crowded. Each sailing being different due to how many D plus are on board and use the lounge and how many Suite guests use the lounge. Same with Voyager Class. Freedom Class has always had the best DL's so don't frequent the CL.

Doing the Premium unlimited drink package now. Why limit myself to ONE lounge? And as much as I appreciate the Diamond Lounges with cocktails, it isn't truly a "full" bar. Same with the CL's.

Ever since they decided to re-fit every ship with a dedicated Diamond lounge I thought it only a matter of time that Diamond Plus will be booted from the CL's. That is my guess why they are possibly adding a new tier between D+ and Pins. The new class will probably have access to the CL's while the D+ will only have access to the DL's.

That's my opinion and has been even before the rumors of the possible new tier. But with the availability of the drink packages and the ability of bringing 2 bottles of wine on board, it looks like Royal finally learned how to ease a major change in. Instead of just kicking out the D+ from the CL's they are creating the new DL's, allowing the wine to be brought on and offering the drink packages. Maybe the D+ will end up getting a coupon for a percentage off the drink package to soften the blow.

I agree with you, however we had a special case on the final Monarch cruise and had something like 30 Pinnacle members on board.

On an Explorer New england Cruise two weeks ago there were 21 pinnacle members, 2 in particular (you know the type you see evrywhere on the ship), who wore their name badges everywhere you saw them and several times I noticed them pointing it out (unasked) to others and explaining how special they were, good times. :D

On an Explorer New england Cruise two weeks ago there were 21 pinnacle members, 2 in particular (you know the type you see evrywhere on the ship), who wore their name badges everywhere you saw them and several times I noticed them pointing it out (unasked) to others and explaining how special they were, good times. :D

I've seen the type too (with the PC badge on swimsuits), but my experience has been that they are in the very small minority.

]Maybe the D+ will end up getting a coupon for a percentage off the drink package to soften the blow[/b][/color][/color][/b].

I am diamond plus and cruising on the Oasis in two weeks. My husband and I have decided to buy the premium drink packages so that we can experience more of the ship and to also try different drinks. I would be happy to see RCCL give a discount for the drink package instead of access to the concierge lounge.

]Maybe the D+ will end up getting a coupon for a percentage off the drink package to soften the blow[/b][/color][/color][/b].

I am diamond plus and cruising on the Oasis in two weeks. My husband and I have decided to buy the premium drink packages so that we can experience more of the ship and to also try different drinks. I would be happy to see RCCL give a discount for the drink package instead of access to the concierge lounge.

Not Me!:eek:

I've seen the type too (with the PC badge on swimsuits), but my experience has been that they are in the very small minority.

You've got to be kidding me .....on their bathing suits ! That's just too funny. :eek::eek:

Archived