What's something I should bring that I may not think about?

Seas_Please

I guess it depends on how much shopping you do ;)

Lyn, You know me better than that.Small suitcase - not in my vocabulary:D

Maybe 2 large cases. The crew/cabin attendants do a great job of sitting on my cases so I can get them closed.;)

Lyn, You know me better than that.Small suitcase - not in my vocabulary:D

Maybe 2 large cases. The crew/cabin attendants do a great job of sitting on my cases so I can get them closed.;)

Yes I do :D

Remember the small one from the gift shop ;)

Don't forget a basic medical kit--bandaids, ointment, etc. We take a lot of medicines, especially pills, so use those tiny ziplock jeweler bags to organize each day's pills. Once taken, you have no bulky pill containers to carry home as you discard the ziplocks after use. Bring extra Rx's in case you take prescription meds. And always keep prescription meds in your carry-on.

I always carry my prescription meds in their original containers, since if there's any trouble at a border, you are covered. Sometimes I take vitamins in ziplocks, but mostly I still use the original containers, just so that I can prove what they are.

Here in the US we get a sheet listing our prescriptions that I travel with; It has the dosage as well as all the other information the bottles have.

Yes, I have that too. But some countries want you to carry your drugs in their original containers. When we cross into the States we do it both ways.

Yes, I have that too. But some countries want you to carry your drugs in their original containers. When we cross into the States we do it both ways.

I had a problem with the security people with my RXs in their original containers!!! Never had that problem before or since!! But do always carry them in that way. LuAnn

I always carry my prescription meds in their original containers, since if there's any trouble at a border, you are covered. Sometimes I take vitamins in ziplocks, but mostly I still use the original containers, just so that I can prove what they are.

Ditto

I do not care if they confiscate the vitamins but my meds I want to stay with me

I also carry the sheet with the list of drugs

Lyn

WE always take a duffle bag that is empty. We use it to carry dirty clothes home. Then there is room for treasures in our suitcases.

We also try to remember that sometimes it pays to buy a suitcase when traveling if you find a spectacular 'thingie' you must have!

I asked this same question about what to be sure to bring on an Italy Travel forum in Trip Advisor and got lots of suggestions. Some have already been mentioned, but if you see anything that catches your fancy, feel free to bring it along ;)

Insect / mosquito repellent

cream for insect bites

electric outlet converters

multiple plug sockets

extra batteries

extra memory card for camera

passport

credit cards

a journal to record daily activities

paper clips

small stick-um notes pads

highlighter marker

international data plan for phone

TSA approved luggage locks

photocopy your passport front page

tylenol or ibuprofen

sunscreen

bandages

sunglasses

washcloths

blister band aids for feet

copy of credit cards

copy of travel insurance

small flashlight

friction block stick

strips for shoe padding

gallon ziplock freezer bags

copies of ticket confirmations

guide books

microfiber hair towel

small portable umbrella

hair conditioner

corkscrew/bottle opener

extension cord

anti-bacterial handi-wipes

disposable eye glass cleaners

baby wipes

english/italian dictonary

handi-pack of bathroom tissue

duct tape

night light

disposable slippers

The ship will supply disposable slippers I believe. Two pair (large/small) in your closet. And a basic cork screw. Four wash cloths per bath and nice shampoo/conditioner too.

JMBobB

Are the shampoo and conditioner in the PH bathroom (Marina), in a large dispenser or in small bottles?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We brought whatever otc meds we occasionally use at home (in small original bottles), headache, seasick/nausea, sleep aids, allergy meds, cold meds, first aid kit....we ended up using all of them - even a bandaid. I was very glad to have them with us and not have to worry about looking to buy some on the ship or on land. I also brought some scotch tape - I think because someone on CC recommended it. I had no idea what I would need it for. Then one of my small moisturizers (small travel size but made of glass) bounced off the marble counter and onto the tile floor and cracked. Hey no problem! I just taped that thing up and no leaks all week. :)

Someone on CC advised bringing small magnets to attach paperwork (invitations, receipt, notes, friends' stateroom numbers, etc.) to the walls and get all that paper off the desk top. Now I never travel without them!

The magnet idea is fantastic! In ten days on Nautica we had a stack of ships' paperwork alone that would choke a hungry mule. Virtually smothered every flat surface we had.

We also had two sets of the small Bulgari shampoo/conditioner bottles (plastic I believe and we didn't light-finger the set we didn't use dang-nabbit) in our bath. We donate extra travel toiletries to our church and I wonder if it would have raised some eyebrows? Naaaw, probably not in the NorCal Outback where we live...

JMBobB

I asked this same question about what to be sure to bring on an Italy Travel forum in Trip Advisor and got lots of suggestions. Some have already been mentioned, but if you see anything that catches your fancy, feel free to bring it along ;)

Insect / mosquito repellent

cream for insect bites

electric outlet converters

multiple plug sockets

extra batteries

extra memory card for camera

passport

credit cards

a journal to record daily activities

paper clips

small stick-um notes pads

highlighter marker

international data plan for phone

TSA approved luggage locks

photocopy your passport front page

tylenol or ibuprofen

sunscreen

bandages

sunglasses

washcloths

blister band aids for feet

copy of credit cards

copy of travel insurance

small flashlight

friction block stick

strips for shoe padding

gallon ziplock freezer bags

copies of ticket confirmations

guide books

microfiber hair towel

small portable umbrella

hair conditioner

corkscrew/bottle opener

extension cord

anti-bacterial handi-wipes

disposable eye glass cleaners

baby wipes

english/italian dictonary

handi-pack of bathroom tissue

duct tape

night light

disposable slippers

A great place to find travel-size toiletries/over-the-counter meds, and other items on your list is Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They have an entire section devoted to the stuff. I bolded the items on your list that I saw at my local store today. They probably have many other items on your list elsewhere in the store that I didn't notice.

If they don't have gallon Ziploc bags, try your local supermarket, Costco, or BJs Wholesale Club.

Someone on CC advised bringing small magnets to attach paperwork (invitations, receipt, notes, friends' stateroom numbers, etc.) to the walls and get all that paper off the desk top. Now I never travel without them!

Just booked the T/A on Rivera for Spring '15...you guys going??? Hope so!! LuAnn

The magnet idea is fantastic! In ten days on Nautica we had a stack of ships' paperwork alone that would choke a hungry mule. Virtually smothered every flat surface we had.

We also had two sets of the small Bulgari shampoo/conditioner bottles (plastic I believe and we didn't light-finger the set we didn't use dang-nabbit) in our bath. We donate extra travel toiletries to our church and I wonder if it would have raised some eyebrows? Naaaw, probably not in the NorCal Outback where we live...

JMBobB

bring home the "extras" and donate them!!! LuAnn

Archived