What to pack for October CA Coastal cruise?...

Hello All!

I am hoping someone can help me -- I will be on the Sapphire Princess on October 5th. It's easy to know what to pack for the Caribbean, but I am not sure what to pack at this time of year for the California Coastal cruise. Any information would be most appreciated - i.e., expected temperatures at sea. Thank you very much!

-Jess

Hello All!

I am hoping someone can help me -- I will be on the Sapphire Princess on October 5th. It's easy to know what to pack for the Caribbean, but I am not sure what to pack at this time of year for the California Coastal cruise. Any information would be most appreciated - i.e., expected temperatures at sea.

Layers. It'll be cool while at sea, probably cool in SF, warmer in San Diego and Ensenada. The water off the coast of CA is very cold (California Current flowing from the Gulf of Alaska) but it'll be warmer in port.

In San Francisco, daytime highs over the next two weeks are forecast to be between 60's-73o. Santa Barbara is forecast to be between 79-83o. San Diego between 79-91o. Ensenada 75-82o.

You should check the weather just before leaving for each port stop.

I've tried to find at sea temps before, but can't figure that out, perhaps someone else will know where to look for that info.

We did a repo last year from Vancouver to LA, I took long pants, long sleeved shirts and a lightweight jacket. Even inside I was freezing the whole time at sea. I didn't thaw out until we got off the ship in LA.

You should check the weather just before leaving for each port stop.

I've tried to find at sea temps before, but can't figure that out, perhaps someone else will know where to look for that info.

We did a repo last year from Vancouver to LA, I took long pants, long sleeved shirts and a lightweight jacket. Even inside I was freezing the whole time at sea. I didn't thaw out until we got off the ship in LA.

If you have a smartphone, you can get the My Radar app for free. Currently, it shows water temps ranging from 59F to 70F for your itinerary. Brrrrrr....

Archived