Time to arrive for Manhattan Pier parking?

DaisyL

Have had a friend drop us off and pick us up in the past several cruises and arrive about 11 AM with no problems at all, the most recent was one year ago. This time we will be driving ourselves, what is a good time to arrive at the pier to get a parking spot but not interfere with debarking passengers?

It's been years since we parked there and I've read that the procedure is different now too. I hope it's not raining when we arrive to get the luggage from the parked car to the porters/elevators. Do porters accept luggage on the parking deck now? Can we drop off the luggage and 3 passengers near the elevators on the parking deck?

We will be sure to get a porter when we debark to get luggage back up to the parking deck.

Quite so. It's never been reported here that the lot has filled up, so get there whenever works for you.

I've read a couple of posts (perhaps on the NCL board rather than here) by passengers who have said the lot was full when they arrived...and this was before the Norwegian Breakaway was put into service at nearly double the passenger capacity of the ship it replaced, with no corresponding increase in parking capacity.

Personally, I would recommend arriving before noon, particularly in the summer and fall, when there are often more ships in port. I usually get there by about 10 am.

I've read a couple of posts (perhaps on the NCL board rather than here) by passengers who have said the lot was full when they arrived...and this was before the Norwegian Breakaway was put into service at nearly double the passenger capacity of the ship it replaced, with no corresponding increase in parking capacity.

Personally, I would recommend arriving before noon, particularly in the summer and fall, when there are often more ships in port. I usually get there by about 10 am.

Thanks njhorseman, we will certainly arrive by 11 am but aim for 10. For last years cruise, they stated not to arrive before 11 am, for traffic and passenger flow and we try to follow the rules.

We sailed on the NCL Breakway Sept 1st. We stayed in East Rutherford NJ the night before, and drove into NYC around 9:00 am ( not knowing what traffic would be like in the city, and anticipating delays we left early) We were pleasantly surprised by the light volume of traffic, and had no problem with driving in the city and finding a parking spot at the pier. Right after the security check we were able to unload our luggage, near the elevator area, then I waited with it, while my husband went to park. This was a much easier task than we both had anticipated. We were in line for check in at 9:30. Yes it seems early, but no hassle with traffic and parking, and we were 1st group boarding the ship. This is very important if you want a VIBE Pass.

Archived