Thomson carribean flights....

sammydo

hi, does anyone know what the thomson plane configuration is for the carribean flights to barbados this year please ?? we are going in November, from gatwick, and the flight no is tom 034.

Our last flight was with thomas cook and was a 3-3-3- configuration, but i think sometimes thomson are 2-4-2, just wondered if anyone is able to confirm either of these, before i book for our party.

thankyou for any replies in advance.

hi, does anyone know what the thomson plane configuration is for the carribean flights to barbados this year please ?? we are going in November, from gatwick, and the flight no is tom 034.

Our last flight was with thomas cook and was a 3-3-3- configuration, but i think sometimes thomson are 2-4-2, just wondered if anyone is able to confirm either of these, before i book for our party.

In my experience Thomsons have been 2 4 2. When you go in to book your seats this will show on the plane diagram.

Sue

Edited by kersh

If TOM 034 is the old Thomas Cook Barbados flight then I think it is 2 4 2 configuration - Go for the extra legroom seats

If TOM 034 is the old Thomas Cook Barbados flight then I think it is 2 4 2 configuration - Go for the extra legroom seats

Do you mean the old First Choice flight.

Unless you are very tall or very wide there is no need to book extra legroom seats. The pitch on theses flights are now greater than the BA flights.

If you want a quieter more relaxed journey and willing to pay £200 each for this and free drinks all the way then book the premier cabin.

The extra leg room seats in the main cabin are by doors and do not have drop down trays or seat back TVs. These come up from the side of the seats. We have booed these previously and regretted it because they are so cold. The most uncomfortable flight ever because of the cold.

Sue

Edited by kersh

Do you mean the old First Choice flight. Thomsons and Thomas Cook have never used the same planes.

Unless you are very tall or very wide there is no need to book extra legroom seats. The pitch on theses flights are now grater tan the BA flights.

If you want a quieter more relaxed journey ad willing to pay £200 each for this and free drinks all the way then book the premier cabin.

The extra leg room seats in the main cabin are by doors and do not have drop down trays or seat back TVs. These come up from the side of the seats. We have booed these previously and regretted it because they are so cold. The most uncomfortable flight ever because of the cold.

Sue

Thought TOM was for Thomas Cook

Hi

We are on Tom034 from Gatwick in November and in Flight Booker on Cruise Personaliser the configuration is 3-3- 3

Ian

All the Thomson flights we have been on with PO have been 2 4 2 and Thomas Cook flights 3 3 3 .

Sue

Thomas Cook use 3-3-3 on their A330s, don't expect much shoulder room, true cattle class.

The bonus is the last few rows are 2-3-2 due to the fuselage narrowing, so some comfort is possible.

The premium cabin has a layout of 2-3-2.

Edited by Thejuggler

Hi

We are on Tom034 from Gatwick in November and in Flight Booker on Cruise Personaliser the configuration is 3-3- 3

Ian

Thanks all, from seat planner website, looked like the Thomson flight would be 2-4-2, backed up by what others thought, but think Ian's reply probably confirms that we wil actually get 3-3-3. :(.

I will let you all know when it comes up on cruise personalised for anyone that is interested.

Thanks all, from seat planner website, looked like the Thomson flight would be 2-4-2, backed up by what others thought, but think Ian's reply probably confirms that we wil actually get 3-3-3. :(.

I will let you all know when it comes up on cruise personalised for anyone that is interested.

If it is Thomson, and configured 3-3-3 and if the last row 40 is just 3 seats in the middle

You lucky sod you will be flying on the new Dreamliner

Almost all our recent Caribbean cruise flights have been on the Boeing 767 ex First Choice, these are really roomy configured 2-3-2 the same as Premium.

Cb

If it is Thomson, and configured 3-3-3 and if the last row 40 is just 3 seats in the middle

You lucky sod you will be flying on the new Dreamliner

Almost all our recent Caribbean cruise flights have been on the Boeing 767 ex First Choice, these are really roomy configured 2-3-2 the same as Premium.

Cb

Hi, have booked our seats today, and was just as you decribed, so looks like we are on the dreamliner, ...hope thats good news, but will let everyone know on our return, especially regarding the seats.

• 2 weeks later...

We are nearest to Birmingham Airport and it seems that the Thomson Dreamliners are not flying from there yet Not sure whether this is something to do with the new runway that is being built and so we will have to wait to try the new plane. Will be very interested to hear what others think after their flights.;)

last year we upgraded to Premium and fly with Thomas Cook from Manchester to Barbados, we had a 2-4-2 configuration in premium, where as economy was 3-4-3 so seemed like we had bigger seats. It was worth the money in my view.

We have upgraded again this year but our flight is with Thomson this time. I've read on some other sites that it isn't worth the money to upgrade as seat configurations are the same in economy and premium...I know you get free food and drinks and a bigger seat pitch...but just wondered if anyone here had specific experience of upgrading on the P&O charter flights with Thomson. ..thanks

• 1 year later...
We are booked on TOM 116 departing from Manchester on Fri 20th December and travel agent has advised this is scheduled to be Dreamliner.

Fingers crossed....can't wait to try it!

soon be cruising

Edited by Dalbyman