Help identifying a HAL ship pic?

diann744

Lisa - did you hear from your contact on the Z? I was in facebook contact with Canadianbear today, and gave her a quick heads-up about the picture and which cabin, but now it depends on if she can get someone to go check. they get back to Vancouver in the morning - the missed Ketchikan, had wild weather, but have had a fantastic time anyway.

Lisa - did you hear from your contact on the Z? I was in facebook contact with Canadianbear today, and gave her a quick heads-up about the picture and which cabin, but now it depends on if she can get someone to go check. they get back to Vancouver in the morning - the missed Ketchikan, had wild weather, but have had a fantastic time anyway.

Yes have been in contact and they were going to check that cabin when they were in Ketchikan yesterday when everyone would be ashore. Unfortunately the plans got changed. I am hoping during turnaround day tomorrow for them to go check.

I have heard from the ship this evening, unfortunately do not have any more information. My friend did check the picture and I was correct that was the picture in 6109 but there is no identifying signature or artist. The problem is that picture is pretty much cemented tot he wall in the cabin :D so unable to look at the back. My friend also checked if there were any spare pictures where they keep cabin supplies and non of these types prints were there :( His suggestion was to go back to Seattle except this time tell them where exactly the picture is and send the the copy of the picture. My suggestion might be to even try writing Mariner Society they tend to try to help Mariners and they might enjoy this little adventure. Sorry I was no help :o

Lisa, don’t you dare say you didn’t help! Each and every person who made an effort contributed to the fact that we’re soooo much closer to the goal than we were before. I have a list of “next steps” and will be following up on all of them.

15 ships. Approximately 10,000 cabins. And the HAL CC’ers narrowed it down to one ship, one cabin. I think that’s pretty amazing. And so much more than I could have done on my own.

Big thank yous to everyone!

Diann

Archived