Help identifying a HAL ship pic?

diann744

The more I think about this I am sure it was our picture in 6109 last year when we had that cabin the first 4 days. This year e were in 6101 I will post a picture. This is also very whimsical it has a flying hump back whale. I am sure it is the same artist.[ATTACH]286755[/ATTACH]

My daughter was in 6109 a month ago..... I'll see if she remembers it.:)

Lisa,

You may have nailed it. Sis has always said the picture was in a cabin while I always thought it was in a public area. Again, her recollection will always be better than mine since it's her story.

I just checked my keycard collection and we were in an SY Suite on the Z'dam that trip. Since the cards don't display room numbers, I'll have to dig deeper to see if I can figure that out.

Another clue -- the date stamp Jtl513 found was the first day on the ship. That jives with the picture being in the room rather than a public area that we might not have run into until later.

Damn, we've got this thing on the run!

Bingo!! 6109 Zuiderdam, according to my daughter. She said she's not 100% sure, but "yeah, that looks like the picture on the wall". God, what great detectives on here..... well done Lisa!:D

Edited to add.... I downloaded the picture and emailed it to her. The wonders of technology.

Bingo!! 6109 Zuiderdam, according to my daughter. She said she's not 100% sure, but "yeah, that looks like the picture on the wall". God, what great detectives on here..... well done Lisa!:D

Edited to add.... I downloaded the picture and emailed it to her. The wonders of technology.

:D I was 99.9% percent sure it was from those first for 4 days on the Zuiderdam in 2012. I am weird that I remember all of our cabin numbers. When I first saw the thread today I instantly new we had it in one of our cabins.

OK now do you want me to contact my friend on the ship to see if he can get the name of the artist on the picture? I do not think he would know where to contact a print but maybe if we can tell HAL exactly where this picture is they can then help to find where you might be able to get a print.

The AWESOME DETECTIVE work that everyone did was fantastic to see. Everyone working together to help one!!

And yes, I know I yelled, I did it intentionally to point out just how great each CC member is when it comes to helping solve a mystery!!!

Great Job Guys and I have to add that on their next cruise Dianne and her Evilness owe a toast to all of us:)

Joanie

I can't believe the older, evil twin has been searching for this picture as a birthday present for me. I think it must have been over a month ago when I stopped whinging and whining that I couldn't find it in the one or two places I looked. (She's also the non-lazy twin.) Now that so much of the mystery has been solved, I promise you all that if I get my hands on this print I will have it framed and hung on the wall of my condo in Lake Arrowhead, CA. and you are ALL invited to come and spend the weekend admiring it! Well, maybe not ALL of you on the SAME weekend but you get my drift. Thanks so much. :)

i can't believe the older, evil twin has been searching for this picture as a birthday present for me. I think it must have been over a month ago when i stopped whinging and whining that i couldn't find it in the one or two places i looked. (she's also the non-lazy twin.) now that so much of the mystery has been solved, i promise you all that if i get my hands on this print i will have it framed and hung on the wall of my condo in lake arrowhead, ca. And you are all invited to come and spend the weekend admiring it! Well, maybe not all of you on the same weekend but you get my drift. Thanks so much. :)

Well doggone it, CC does not want me to use the Ear to Ear Grin emoticon right now so, here they are in word form instead:

*HUGE EAR TO EAR GRIN X 3!!!!*

Joanie

Lisa,

There's no deadline and no hurry! I'm just so tickled that so many people have come together to help out a total stranger on a decidedly non-critical issue. I've been giddily telling folks at work about the whole thing and they just look at me like I'm crazy.

If I could, I'd send pillow chocolates to each and every one of you. :D

Lisa,

There's no deadline and no hurry! I'm just so tickled that so many people have come together to help out a total stranger on a decidedly non-critical issue. I've been giddily telling folks at work about the whole thing and they just look at me like I'm crazy.

If I could, I'd send pillow chocolates to each and every one of you. :D

Darn it - if we'd only known about this before...... Canadianbear is on the ship right now (Lisa and I both know her well) - we could have asked her to go make friends with the occupant of that cabin and have a look.:D She's posting wonderful pictures on facebook (including one of the new square chocolates) of the ship.

Darn it - if we'd only known about this before...... Canadianbear is on the ship right now (Lisa and I both know her well) - we could have asked her to go make friends with the occupant of that cabin and have a look.:D She's posting wonderful pictures on facebook (including one of the new square chocolates) of the ship.

Startwin, I would be happy to FedEx Canadianbear a screwdriver and a large return FedEx box.... :D Prepaid, of course.

Archived