The Breakaway Haven Rocked!

Nalagh

Cherie, loving your pictorial review! I have a question, but didn't want to have a silly question in the middle of the great pictures :)

Do you by any chance remember when the laditudes party and the suite party is? I am trying to decide when to book my entertainment, and i didn't not what to book anything during those times. I asked the pre-cruise concierge, but they only replied back saying there wasn't a laditudes party on the BA, but i thought i saw something about a silver and above one.

Thank you,

There were 2 latitude parties! The first one was Tuesday night at 6:30 for ALL LATITUDES members, and the silver and up was on Friday night at 7pm.

From one workingmom to another, can I please ask you about the suite party?

We are in the Haven on Getaway in August and, like you, do not want to pre-book anything the same date/time. Is everyone in a suite, invited to the party?

Thank you.

Hi JS, a few years ago i was on the EPIC and they had a suite party for all suite guests. Nothing overly exciting, but all the officers were there and they had an open bar. I just assumed that they had the same thing on the BA, but now i'm not sure. If no one chimes back in, i will post an update after my cruise in November.

We loved having Jose for a Butler, and he is one of our favorites now! He responded to our requests quickly and accurately. He was not intrusive in the least while he refilled the coffee, cups, stem-ware and ice. Our pre-concierge requests were all granted and our fridge was fully stocked with our bar set-up mixers.

Hi Cherie,

So glad you had a great cruise on the BA! How did your parents like it?

Are there complementary sodas/waters/juices in an S6? We sail in an S6 in 4.5 weeks! I am so excited for the BA.

Marilyn

We loved having Jose for a Butler, and he is one of our favorites now! He responded to our requests quickly and accurately. He was not intrusive in the least while he refilled the coffee, cups, stem-ware and ice. Our pre-concierge requests were all granted and our fridge was fully stocked with our bar set-up mixers.

Thank you so much!:)

I am so glad I upgraded my Getaway to the Haven!

Same here, although we won't be cruising Getaway until Feb 2015! It's so far off yet and I don't want to wish away the 18 months....... so I am enjoying Nalagh's posts and photos, picturing DH & myself in our S6, and thrilled that we are booked!! :D

Maybe the fact that you saw no one in the pool.... Speaks for it's self?

Not sure what your post means. I loved the haven, and yes it was way better to be by myself in a small pool than to be one of many crowded in the pool deck pool!

Not sure what your post means. I loved the haven, and yes it was way better to be by myself in a small pool than to be one of many crowded in the pool deck pool!

May I ask if the pool is deep enough to submerg yourself, for instance, is it approximately 4'-6' feet in depth?

Thank you.

The pool was deep, I don't remember but I saw people going under. But it is quite small and I got a laugh out of the comment about the laps. My partner and I joked about the same thing. How could someone do laps in there by basically doing a flip in the water.

The pool was deep, I don't remember but I saw people going under. But it is quite small and I got a laugh out of the comment about the laps. My partner and I joked about the same thing. How could someone do laps in there by basically doing a flip in the water.

LOL, thanks.

I'm with the original poster, I much rather get cooled off in a small pool then stand with the hundreds in the bigger pool. Quite honestly, I didn't even go in the pool on the Breakaway and not even sure now I got into the hot tub LOL

I am just hoping I leave the Haven and explore like I did on the Breakaway, where I was always busy (and I usually just lay around in the sun on my cruises).

Pardon my stupidity, but it looks to me like the pool is only a few inches deep? Am I missing something? It appears to me that you'd have to roll over in order to get both sides of your bathing suit wet!!! Laps would seem to involve crawling, and not the swimming kind of crawling! LOL!

Katie

Pardon my stupidity, but it looks to me like the pool is only a few inches deep? Am I missing something? It appears to me that you'd have to roll over in order to get both sides of your bathing suit wet!!! Laps would seem to involve crawling, and not the swimming kind of crawling! LOL!

Katie

If you look at this photo (posted earlier in this thread) of the Haven pool, I believe that the front two sections are just a few inches deep and have loungers in them. The section at the back is the deeper one that they are talking about in the posts. (I haven't been on board yet, but that is what I'm presuming they are all referring to).

HPIM7441.jpg

If you look at this photo (posted earlier in this thread) of the Haven pool, I believe that the front two sections are just a few inches deep and have loungers in them. The section at the back is the deeper one that they are talking about in the posts. (I haven't been on board yet, but that is what I'm presuming they are all referring to).

HPIM7441.jpg

that's correct. it's 3 ft 11 inches deep. here's a video i took with my gopro from inside the pool.

another difference between the main pool and the haven pool is that the main pool is salt water and the haven pool is fresh water. perhaps because it's much smaller, but i thought that was interesting.

Same here' date=' although we won't be cruising Getaway until Feb 2015! It's so far off yet and I don't want to wish away the 18 months....... so I am enjoying Nalagh's posts and photos, picturing DH & myself in our S6, and thrilled that we are booked!! :D[/quote']

Yes she always has great photos... We are sailing the Getaway in 14 months, so I feel your pain lol

Katie

I am with you, well said!

Thanks everyone for clearing this up! Here's another question...the doors to get into the Haven courtyard -- does anyone know approximately what room they are near. We're in a Penthouse Balcony S5 16110 and I'm trying to see how close we are to the entrance. Mainly for noise, much less for convenience!

I can't wait anymore!!! LOL! Thanks for helping me pass the time! :p

Katie

Archived