Celebrity, Silhouette, November 1, 2014 - Transatlantic

torjen

All 4 of us are on board (as it were), so go ahead and book a table. We'll meet in the lobby of the hotel. Actually, we'll probably be in the bar!

Once I get a reso, John, I'll fill you in and we can make arrangements to meet pre-dinner in the bar!

Scott

Super! We won't be hard to miss - 4 aging Yanks :)

Speaking of not being hard to miss....

Eileen and I are very much looking forward to meeting all of you wonderful guys on this Roll Call. And I know we'll likely find you (or at least some of you) in the evenings at the Martini Bar (and perhaps even at sailaway at the Sunset Bar). :)

Here's the thing, though -- there are plenty of you but so far only two of us. I suspect you all have good gaydar, so if you see two women who appear to be a couple, and one of them is very tall (Eileen) and one of them is not (that would be me), please say hello to us!

Just a few more weeks; yay!

Judith

Speaking of not being hard to miss....

Eileen and I are very much looking forward to meeting all of you wonderful guys on this Roll Call. And I know we'll likely find you (or at least some of you) in the evenings at the Martini Bar (and perhaps even at sailaway at the Sunset Bar). :)

Here's the thing, though -- there are plenty of you but so far only two of us. I suspect you all have good gaydar, so if you see two women who appear to be a couple, and one of them is very tall (Eileen) and one of them is not (that would be me), please say hello to us!

Just a few more weeks; yay!

Judith

It might be easier to spot each other if we all wore tiaras :). We will definitely spot you anyway.

Given the huge number of CC people at the Sunset Bar, I'm suggesting that us gay folks meet at the Martini Bar for sail away and then take our drinks out on deck. I'm not trying to be prejudiced against straight people, I just don't like big crowds.

John

well a number of people are part of the facebook group so we should know just about what we will look like, right??? :)

I can't believe that I am already missing so much pre-cruise fun ! ! !

All I get to do on the 1st of November is get from the airport to the port and enjoy that!

Meet you all in less than four weeks ! ! !

Torsten

But did he recognize that there's no queen like an old queen?

Hi John et al.

The hotel has arranged a dinner reservation for us (6 people) at 21:30, (i.e., 9:30 pm in American and Canadian) at Ristorante Arche in Civitavecchia.

We can meet up right after we check in, about 8:30, in the hotel bar and make our way over there. Should not be too terribly far to walk, but feel free to confirm that with the hotel. I think it's only about 500 metres or so.

It is the No. 1 resto in the town on TripAdvisor, it sounds pretty good, and not expensive. Hope it lives up to its ratings! (If they have pasta and wine, we're good :) )

Here is the link: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g194743-d6737358-Reviews-Arche_Restaurant-Civitavecchia_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html

Counting the days!

Cheers,

Scott (and Jan)

Edited by TorontoSailor

Obviously, I'm FB impaired. I couldn't find that group, even after trying the "search for other groups" option. Gonna' start packing this weekend, as we're leaving next Wednesday. I don't think we'll need our tuxes or cha-cha shoes before then!

Hi John et al.

The hotel has arranged a dinner reservation for us (6 people) at 21:30, (i.e., 9:30 pm in American and Canadian) at Ristorante Arche in Civitavecchia.

We can meet up right after we check in, about 8:30, in the hotel bar and make our way over there. Should not be too terribly far to walk, but feel free to confirm that with the hotel. I think it's only about 500 metres or so.

It is the No. 1 resto in the town on TripAdvisor, it sounds pretty good, and not expensive. Hope it lives up to its ratings! (If they have pasta and wine, we're good :) )

Here is the link: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g194743-d6737358-Reviews-Arche_Restaurant-Civitavecchia_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html

Counting the days!

Cheers,

Scott (and Jan)

Thanks for setting this up. Looks faboo. I think we'll all appreciate a walk after dinner especially!

Obviously, I'm FB impaired. I couldn't find that group, even after trying the "search for other groups" option. Gonna' start packing this weekend, as we're leaving next Wednesday. I don't think we'll need our tuxes or cha-cha shoes before then!

Don't feel bad. FB defeats me on a regular basis. Can't wait to see your cha-cha shoes on the ship. Can you teach me how to cha-cha? I can do the twist but that's about it.

Torsten: I know you are aware of the ESTA requirement, because you've mentioned it, but I'm curious as to whether in the last day or so you've received a text, call or email from Celebrity to remind you about this. As you may have seen over on the "main" Roll Call, it looks like just about every American and Canadian on there got one yesterday, although we *don't* need an ESTA, so I was curious about whether Celebrity managed to send a reminder to the one person on here I know actually does need one. :)

Happy weekend and growing excitement to all!

Three weeks to sailaway!

Judith

donatello if you give me your name I can add you. :)

and turtles ... nope - no email and no reminder - however I had to tell them during check in if I had already filled out my ESTA... Maybe they "know"... :)

Less than three weeks and some of you are already leaving for cruise number one.... amazing ! ! !

see you all on November 1st

Torsten

Did anyone happen to look that the 1st and 2nd post for this thread? It was started over a year ago and the 2nd post says something like "Am I too early.....11 months to go..." And here we are...... a couple of weeks to go. We're finishing up packing to day, closing things up here at our house on Cape Cod, going to Boston this afternoon, staying overnight at friends, gonna' just hang tomorrow until our early evening flight out of Logan to Italy. We don't have i-phones, so we won't be on line, on FB, or on CC............but I think we'll survive! Safe traveling for everyone!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone happen to look that the 1st and 2nd post for this thread? It was started over a year ago and the 2nd post says something like "Am I too early.....11 months to go..." And here we are...... a couple of weeks to go. We're finishing up packing to day, closing things up here at our house on Cape Cod, going to Boston this afternoon, staying overnight at friends, gonna' just hang tomorrow until our early evening flight out of Logan to Italy. We don't have i-phones, so we won't be on line, on FB, or on CC............but I think we'll survive! Safe traveling for everyone!!!!!!!!!

how will you survive... :) I will bring my iphone, ipad and my laptop computer... just to be on the safe side... LOL

see you soon

Torsten

We don't have i-phones, so we won't be on line, on FB, or on CC............but I think we'll survive! Safe traveling for everyone!!!!!!!!!

A couple of cruises ago, Eileen and I decided to go "unplugged." We did not get the internet package -- and how relaxing that was! We realized we spend a lot of time on things like, well, Cruise Critic :), that we can do without on vacation.

Safe travels to all!

Judith

Ditto from me on all counts!

I am now in the "knots in my stomach" pre-trip phase.

Judith

We leave next Friday and I'm desperately trying to get everything done - both at home and the office. Once Friday comes though, it's sayonara to work! Or should I say arrivederci :)

Due to an illness and last-minute cancellation of a couple who was going to join us, we have an opening on our Cinque Terre tour from Livorno. Details on main roll call. If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP. Hoping it will be a really good day! Very excited to be going there. Has been on my bucket list.

Thanks,

Scott